PDA

View Full Version : FS: Celef (Proac) PE1 speakers - standmounts - Excellent!

jandl100
30-01-2008, 09:28
CELEF PE1 Standmount Speakers

These very fine speakers are by Celef - the precursor firm to Proac. In fact they look (& sound) remarkably like my old Proac Response 2 speakers - one of my all-time faves, and which I guess is why I am selling them (see below).

These are 25 inches tall and about a foot square. Very solid and heavy - I would guess about 40 lb. The RRP for these was £500, 20 years ago - a very serious speaker this!

An 8 inch woofer, a 1 inch (or so) tweeter and a piezo-electric super-tweeter.

These sound excellent - clear transparent detailed and with excellent bottom end weight and definition, dynamics are a joy to behold just like my old Proacs
- and at my asking price of £200 (what I paid for them) are a true sonic bargain.

Excellent condition - there is a slight discolouration/mark on top of one of the speakers, and the grill cloths could really do with replacing (the frames are fine). And they are in perfect working order.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii114/jandl100/CelefPE1.jpg

NOTE: the stands in the photo are NOT included in the sale.

CASH ON PICKUP (Gloucestershire) or I may be able to deliver, pls ask.

Why am I selling? - I've only just bought them ;)
Well, they sound very much like my old Proac Response 2 - the wife even said "they're Proacs aren't they?" :eek: - and I find that, excellent as they are, I want to explore different things! I'd actually like to keep them but I really do need some space for further speaker explorations.

Vinyl Grinder
30-01-2008, 12:33
Someone should snap those up. They are good speaker. I had a pair donky years ago.Should have piezo electric & Audax tweeters/KEF 'B200' mid/bass unit, they possibly use Audax Mid/bass at the end of production but not shure...I think i sold them for Spendor 'BC-1' at the time which was a silly move for me really...

jandl100
01-02-2008, 08:42
Sorted now - I've arranged a swap deal - so no longer available. :)