PDA

View Full Version : Leak 30 Amp, Leak Radio, Goldring Deck, Wharfedale Speakers

Bob S
30-03-2010, 16:17
Hi folks

I've just joined the site to find out a bit more about my recent inheritance, mainly because I'm undecided as to what to do with it.

The components were all bought in 1971. I have the receipt, the brochure, instruction manuals, even original boxes for most of it I think! I remember it when I was a kid, it sounded great then and amazingly, it still all works today.

Its 2 Leak separates; a Leak 30 amp and a leak radio. There's a Goldring Deck with Shure M55 cartridge and a pair of Wharfedale speakers (25's I think). I can dig out the full detail if anyone wants to know more.

My folks looked after all their stuff very well indeed and the whole set up was barely used and like I say, still works fine. No marks, dings or scratches. Lovely 70's teak finish. Receipt says £240 odd quid, which was a lot of dosh in the early 70's.

I have very fond memories of the whole set up but have no-where to put it in my own house other than to pack it away in boxes and stick it in the loft, which does seem a shame. That's still a possibility I must admit but just thought I'd post here and see if there's any interest from you folk who are more in the know.

Cheers

Bob

hifi_dave
30-03-2010, 20:36
Can you list the model names and numbers of the equipment and (even better) post some pics.

Bob S
31-03-2010, 15:36
OK, will do. They're still "in situ" but I'll take some shots at the weekend and post them up.

Cheers

Rare Bird
31-03-2010, 15:42
Leak 'Stereo 30 'PLUS' were great little amps..

Bob S
03-04-2010, 11:53
OK folks. Here's the link to the photo's of the system. Invoice price says £141 (including purchase tax :doh:)

Like I said, just about every piece of paper that was vaguely relevant to the system has been kept including some wee setting device for positioning the arm of the deck!

http://s784.photobucket.com/albums/yy126/cp75570/Stereo%20System/

Cheers

Rare Bird
03-04-2010, 11:57
OK folks. Here's the link to the photo's of the system. Invoice price says £141 (including purchase tax :doh:)

Like I said, just about every piece of paper that was vaguely relevant to the system has been kept including some wee setting device for positioning the arm of the deck!

Cheers

Bob thats the Plus version of the 'Stereo 30'..The 'Stereofetic' tuner you have doesnt actually match that amp it's a match to the 'Stereo 70' amp

Very nice gis em ;)

Heres the Tuner with the 'Stereo 70' housed in the double sleeve

http://www.usedhifishop.co.uk/images/Leak-70.jpg

Macca
03-04-2010, 12:04

Cheers

Just like mine. (It lives under the bed nowadays):

http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac233/Macca_photos_2009/Picture019.jpg

Rare Bird
03-04-2010, 12:10
Do you think it would be better in our house Martin.

I'll look after it honest :)

Macca
03-04-2010, 13:16
Do you think it would be better in our house Martin.

I'll look after it honest :)

I don't think it's 'mint' enough for you Andre. ;) but you can have it if you want. Mine came matched with the Delta 30 Tuner - the later one not the black and silver one. Think that's under the bed too although I haven't seen it in a while...

Marco
03-04-2010, 18:04
Just like mine. (It lives under the bed nowadays)...

...next to the scrunty mags and (lightly soiled) underpants :eyebrows:

Marco.

Macca
03-04-2010, 21:39
...next to the scrunty mags and (lightly soiled) underpants :eyebrows:

Marco.

Bloody hell! What have you been doing looking under my bed Marco?:lolsign:

Rare Bird
04-04-2010, 00:00
I don't think it's 'mint' enough for you Andre. ;) but you can have it if you want.

:uhho:

DSJR
04-04-2010, 11:16
They were good at the time. I remember us having a Stereo 70 loan amp back when it would have been ten years old or so. Wasn't far behind the NAD 3020 as I recall. Re-capped and set up right, it would be still effective up to a point I reckon.

I had a Delta 70 for a week or three once. I don't know what they did to it (apart from cram everything in a smaller box) but it wasn't as good IIRC.

Rare Bird
04-04-2010, 12:18
I had a Delta 70 for a week or three once. I don't know what they did to it (apart from cram everything in a smaller box) but it wasn't as good IIRC.

'Delta 70' wernt pedegree Leak, it's a (W)Rank Leak by now Very simular amps but sound different to me

Macca
04-04-2010, 12:23
'Delta 70' wernt pedegree Leak, it's a (W)Rank Leak by now Very simular amps but sound different to me

I had one of these too. It was rank:eyebrows:. It also had an intermittent fault on one channel so I took it into the local TV shop on the corner (remember those?) for repair and while it was in there the shop burnt down so that was that.

Bob S
04-04-2010, 15:56
OK chaps, thanks for the thoughts and comments. Looks like it will be carefully packed up and put in my loft for safe keeping.

Cheers

SteveW
05-04-2010, 16:50
Scrunty Mags...

Scrunty Mags?

Beobloke
06-04-2010, 13:55
I am delighted that the members of this fine forum have not made the usual comments regarding the Stereofetic tuner - something that always winds me up intensely!

You see, normally, as soon as the word 'Stereofetic' is mentioned, you invariably get a huge chorus of "Oh, it's not as good as a Troughline you know" and everyone starts agreeing and delving deeper and deeper into why this is, until you'd think that the Stereofetic actually wears an Amstrad or Alba badge and was only designed just to annoy everyone!

No, the Stereofetic is not as good as a Troughline, but it's still a very fine little tuner in its own right and can be bought in good working order for £10 (I've done this twice....), which is more than can be said for a Troughline!

Thanks - I feel better for that...........

The Grand Wazoo
06-04-2010, 15:10
I am delighted that the members of this fine forum have not made the usual comments regarding the Stereofetic tuner - something that always winds me up intensely!
Well said, that man!
It's worth several times more than your £10 in absolute terms.

dowser
13-04-2010, 17:06
Bob - I'd be interested in the turntable and speakers if you are interested in selling?

Thanks, Richard