PDA

View Full Version : Tacima RFI power lead

Haselsh1
25-03-2010, 15:25
Right, for around three months now I've had all of my gear running through one of these Tacima things bought through Amazon. Today I bought two 2m IEC mains leads for the Croft pre/power amps. The Crofts now run directly into a pair of mains sockets. The difference is not staggering but is clearly noticeable and clearly better without the RFI filter. I don't know why this is the case but there is a much better level of clarity now.
As a matter of interest, our freeview box now runs through the Tacima with a lot less breakup of the screen.

Alex_UK
25-03-2010, 15:59
I think the consensus is that amps shouldn't go through these - mine sounds better direct, but the filter improves the sources,

trane
25-03-2010, 19:17
my experience tells that all 'cheapo' mains filters (i.e. under the ~1500 gbp mark) and cables so equipped just spoil MUSIC, in spite all the theories behind, regardless of them being used in/on/for any equipment...

Ammonite Audio
25-03-2010, 19:43
I once bought a Tacima mains block on the basis is internet hype. Needless to say, my experience reflects the comments here - it was pretty disastrous in audio terms. It now serves the computer gear, in the hope that it will stop interference getting onto the house mains. I don't know whether it succeeds, though. I can't be arrsed to investigate further.

Marco
25-03-2010, 20:14
Guys, why on earth you'd want to put rubbish like this near your hi-fi system is anyone's guess.... :doh:

Keep it simple, stupid! :)

Use a proper high-quality, star-earthed, completely unfiltered (non-neon lit) mains block, that uses decent unswitched sockets like MK or Crabtree, and keep all the other shite for your computer to run off of (which shouldn't be plugged into the same block as your hi-fi, infecting all the rest of your kit).

This is very basic stuff, people! ;)

Marco.

Themis
25-03-2010, 21:22
Simplicity is the key, as Marco says. ;)

chris@panteg
25-03-2010, 23:37
All i can say is ' Mark grant Mains Block ' form an orderly queue folks;)

Marco
25-03-2010, 23:46
Indeed, Chris.

And keep yer 'orrid surge protection pish MILES AWAY from a serious audio system!! :spew:

Marco.

Themis
26-03-2010, 07:58
All i can say is ' Mark grant Mains Block ' form an orderly queue folks;)
Mark makes blocks ? :scratch:

Marco
26-03-2010, 08:05
Yus he does - his latest project! :)

Marco.

Themis
26-03-2010, 13:38
Ah !!! I will order one, then. ;)

pwood
26-03-2010, 15:27
I emailed Mark Grant a couple of weeks ago and was told they would be available in a few weeks. Today I found this link (http://markgrantcables.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=45_59)......:scratch: obviously in the process of being added.