PDA

View Full Version : Entertaining visit to Stryder5

Firebottle
25-03-2018, 13:19
Gary was fortunate to acquire a new amplifier, a Puccinni SE at a good price, but the model has a bit of a design flaw in that it fries the driver transistors.
0.5 watt dissipation in a transistor specified at only 0.35 watt maximum :mental:

With suitable modification by yours truly it turns out to be a very good performing amplifier so the Firebottle crew delivered it as I wanted to get a listen to Gary's system.

A very warm welcome was experienced plus a rather wonderful lunch, thanks to Mrs Stryder5.
After much inquiry and ribbing about selection of kit the amp was (eventually - he does faff about) plumbed in and very good it was too.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2gvlpgh.jpg

I did learn that the TT had been out of action for many a long year but Gary has spruced it up a treat.

A very enjoyable few hours gassing and playing good music, plus I picked up 10 albums from a local charity shop, mainly classical, for the princely sum of £2 :eek:

:cool:

Bigman80
25-03-2018, 14:01
Those Ruark look familiar [emoji6]

Stryder5
25-03-2018, 14:29
Gary was fortunate to acquire a new amplifier, a Puccinni SE at a good price, but the model has a bit of a design flaw in that it fries the driver transistors.
0.5 watt dissipation in a transistor specified at only 0.35 watt maximum :mental:

With suitable modification by yours truly it turns out to be a very good performing amplifier so the Firebottle crew delivered it as I wanted to get a listen to Gary's system.

A very warm welcome was experienced plus a rather wonderful lunch, thanks to Mrs Stryder5.
After much inquiry and ribbing about selection of kit the amp was (eventually - he does faff about) plumbed in and very good it was too.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2gvlpgh.jpg

I did learn that the TT had been out of action for many a long year but Gary has spruced it up a treat.

A very enjoyable few hours gassing and playing good music, plus I picked up 10 albums from a local charity shop, mainly classical, for the princely sum of £2 :eek:

:cool:

It was good to see you both (well Shirley....lol), great service and delivery. Alan's done a great job, amp sounds great, many thanks.

I don't faff I'm careful :ner:.

Caroline says thanks, her feet look good in photo :)

Oliver, yep you recognise the speakers.

struth
25-03-2018, 14:45
quite enjoyed my Puccinni SE . slightly warm but smooth