PDA

View Full Version : Quad Artera Solus at Radlett Audio

hifi_dave
28-02-2018, 11:41
The brilliant, new Quad Artera Solus system has received a very favourable review in the latest Hi-Fi Choice magazine.

Tim
01-03-2018, 19:45
I heard it at Bristol, very impressed indeed and bang up to date.

It should really fly off the shelves at that price point, I liked it a lot and emailed them to tell them so after the show!

hifi_dave
02-03-2018, 10:03
Wow, you must have been impressed to do that. It is an excellent machine.

Tim
02-03-2018, 13:23
Well I like Quad and their level of customer service, so thought I should tell them - always good to know there are happy people out there too. Some folk are very quick to complain, but forget to say thanks too. Got a reply back from Rob pretty promptly, to thank me. Top lot at Quad IMO, solid and dependable is how I would describe them and I also like the house sound.

Good to know you got back from Cambridge OK ;)

hifi_dave
03-03-2018, 10:17
Everyone I have met from Quad/IAG has been very pleasant. I have known the reps for decades and they are always very helpful. The Quad/IAG service department is very well equipped and has very knowledgeable engineers, one of them being there for yonks. A good company to work with.

hifi_dave
14-04-2018, 09:13
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/802/41183642252_a520153545_b.jpg

Quad Solus in all it's understated glory. No bling here.

hifi_dave
14-04-2018, 14:38
This little box provides in excess of 75 wpc/8ohms and has an inbuilt CD player, line level inputs and a Sabre DAC accessible via the normal inputs. Streaming via Bluetooth and a full streaming option will be available later this year.

struth
14-04-2018, 15:49
Quite a nice box Dave.. could have done without the note personally. Being quad it will likey sound pretty nice too

narabdela
14-04-2018, 18:33
Quite a nice box Dave.. could have done without the note personally. Being quad it will likey sound pretty nice too

Agreed. That note just ruins what would otherwise have been a beautifully understated fascia. Somebody needs to have a word in Quad's ear about that.

hifi_dave
15-04-2018, 08:51
The 'note' is their brand logo. To be honest, it is showing up a lot brighter in this pic than it does in real life. I guess the flash is making it more obvious because I haven't taken any notice of it previously.

Logo or not, it is an excellent piece of kit.

narabdela
15-04-2018, 09:41
The 'note' is their brand logo...Logo or not, it is an excellent piece of kit.

I don't doubt it's excellence, but that logo is just plain tacky. Even something as relatively recent in Quad history as the Vena doesn't have it, although I've seen it on their most recent valve stuff.

Barry
15-04-2018, 21:05
Like it or not, the 'note' motif is Quad's new trademark, and has been for some time.

(The trademark looks like a musical note, but is a stylised version of the name QUAD: the first 'note' is the "q", the upward tail is the "u", the underside is a stylised "a", and the final 'note' is the "d". Whether the trademark is actually a logo or a motif is left to discussion.)

So, no more complaints here please.

narabdela
16-04-2018, 00:03
Like it or not, the 'note' motif is Quad's new trademark, and has been for some time.

(The trademark looks like a musical note, but is a stylised version of the name QUAD: the first 'note' is the "q", the upward tail is the "u", the underside is a stylised "a", and the final 'note' is the "d". Whether the trademark is actually a logo or a motif is left to discussion.)

There is a difference between a complaint and an opinion. :kiss:

hifi_dave
16-04-2018, 09:11

I hadn't noticed that. I just thought it was a 'note'. Very clever.

hifi_dave
18-04-2018, 09:23
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/873/40513592074_c7d49ecf97_b.jpg

Fuzzy pic from the top.

One for Grant to correct..:thumbsup:

Marco
18-04-2018, 09:30
Hi Hugh,

There is a difference between a complaint and an opinion. :kiss:

That wouldn't normally be an issue, but on trade or private sales threads, the only 'opinions' allowed are those complimentary to the likelihood of creating a sale!;)

Please read the rules for this section of the forum: http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?13935-***-WARNING-everyone-PLEASE-READ!!!-***

...noting this bit in particular:

It is NOT, under any circumstances, for people to 'thread crap', by discrediting or undermining (intentionally or not) the validity or functionality of the products being advertised, or to critically 'challenge' them in any way, or the prices being charged, nor is it the place to bring up any off-topic disputes between members and traders.

Should anyone consider that the latter is necessary, then a separate thread should be started in the appropriate section in the main areas of the forum (or a PM directed to the trade member in question or to admin), where constructive criticism of any products or services can then be carried out in the appropriate manner. Anyone not complying with this rule may be banned for a week (at the discretion of the forum owner), without further warning.

Please remember that in future, cheers! :cool:

Marco.

struth
18-04-2018, 09:38
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/873/40513592074_c7d49ecf97_b.jpg

Fuzzy pic from the top.

One for Grant to correct..:thumbsup:

https://imageshack.com/a/img922/9294/YvcfFY.jpg

Best I can do dave.. blurred stuff is kinda not got the info in there alas

hifi_dave
18-04-2018, 14:36
Thanks for trying.

I really can't get to grips with this digital camera thingy. I used to take good pics with my old film Nikon. With this digital model, it's all a bit hit and miss. I might sort out something more straightforward and fewer facilities.

struth
18-04-2018, 14:39
try changing the focus setting to multi point, as yours focused on the cables behind..it will be in camera settings somewhere

hifi_dave
19-04-2018, 09:12
Ah. I will give that a go next time. I never even thought about the numerous focusing options.

Thanks for that..:youtheman:

Scarletjim
01-05-2018, 19:32
How’s this compare to rega new brio/ Apollo or elex r/ Apollo r?