PDA

View Full Version : Perks of Management

The Grand Wazoo
20-02-2010, 19:21
Gaw blimey guv'nor!
How come some folks get to have a signature of 921 characters when I can only have 500?

Grrrrrrrrrrrr.......My juiciest quotes don't fit anymore

Filterlab
20-02-2010, 20:27
Well, you can put your system info in your profile and then it'll free up some characters for quotes. :)

Who has 921 characters in their signature?

serendipitydawg
01-07-2010, 09:02
Maybe someone who mentions the phrase "heavily modified" at least twice??

Beechwoods
01-07-2010, 09:22
You can create a graphic and use that in your sig... and the graphic can have loads of words in it!

I must say that I have no idea at all who could be flouting the system limits so brazenly though :scratch:

serendipitydawg
04-07-2010, 08:33
Marco's sig (including spaces) is 963 characters according to the word count function of Open Office. Mystery solved!

Perks of management, indeed.

Themis
04-07-2010, 08:57
:lolsign:

The Grand Wazoo
04-07-2010, 09:39
Marco's sig (including spaces) is 963 characters according to the word count function of Open Office. Mystery solved!

Good God - it's grown again!!!
This thing will soon be taking over the whole place.
Steve Toy's is now 612 characters ....................I hope they can't breed!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_cTe9RzVYIfg/ScL08yxDIQI/AAAAAAAAA0Y/pMuq8s2jLik/s320/too_many_words.gif

Macca
04-07-2010, 09:49
I]I hope they can't breed![/I]

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_cTe9RzVYIfg/ScL08yxDIQI/AAAAAAAAA0Y/pMuq8s2jLik/s320/too_many_words.gif

:lol::lol:

That's what they said when they opened up that dinosaur Theme Park - and we all know how badly that turned out.

Oh wait that was a movie wasn't it?

Joe
04-07-2010, 11:46
For sigs, less is definitely more.

Marco
04-07-2010, 12:21
Hahaha... I'll see if we can raise the character sig limit for members :)

The reason I use my signature to list my system is so that those who are interested can see at a glance what my system consists of without having to go hunting for it in my profile - and I list it in such detail so that people know all the components I use instantly without having to ask.

I don't know about others here, but I very rarely read people's profiles unless I have to for some reason, otherwise I usually can't be arsed.

Ideally, I'd like everyone to list their system (along with their first name) in their signature for the same reason, so that at a glance when reading someone's posts, you know their first name, where they come from and what system they have, as this both engenders a sense of community and allows others to relate to their system in some way, often saving needless questions during discussions.

However, real first name aside, the content of signatures is left up to people to decide for themselves :cool:

Marco.

The Grand Wazoo
04-07-2010, 12:38
Well, given the limits that are set, I took the view that it was far more important and informative and educational to impart information such as:

"I guess you only get once chance in life
To play a song that goes like.........
-reen too, teen too, teen too, tee nooh, nee nooh, nee-"

....than:
turntable-x, amp-y and speakers-z

he-he