PDA

View Full Version : need help connecting dac to sacd player

Kurt-Holz
11-05-2008, 03:22
Hi all

It seems senility has set in, I have been using my Bel Canto dac with my Arcam dv29, i decided to mess around with things and hook up a consonance sacd player that has been sitting around unused, in my flurry to unhook and redo things i can't for the life of me remember how i connected my dac to player, i hate asking this question, but i am using the balanced from my Krell to the consonance, then coax to dac, what am i doing wrong as my dac is not taking the signal

it will probably come to me before i get help, but you know how impatient americans are

:-)

thanks in advance

Kurt

John
11-05-2008, 06:28
I do not know the units but best if you use a digital cable from Cd player to DAC
I also have moments of senility

Filterlab
11-05-2008, 11:02
....but i am using the balanced from my Krell to the consonance, then coax to dac...

Fill us in a bit more Kurt;

What Krell item is going into your Consonance SACD?

Kurt-Holz
11-05-2008, 14:39
Hi all

Thanks for helping, i can't believe i can't seem to wrap my head around such an easy hook-up, done it a hundred times, anyway

Krell HTS, available options are

pair balanced audio inputs
rca analog audio inputs
7.1 single-ended audio outs, and inputs
digital out
digital inputs, tos-link & rca

Bel canto

pair balanced out
pair rca outs
toslink input
coax input

Consonance

pair rca outs
pair balanced outs
digital out

hope this helps

thanks again

Kurt

Kurt-Holz
24-05-2008, 19:08
Hi all

This odyssey is becoming more and more frustrating, i am perplexed at my inability to connect a simple dac, and even Bel Canto tech support can't give me directions, they don't know how to connect one of there own products or give me any logical explanation on how to?

no help searching the net, though i did find an easy way to make a nuclear bomb, haha

anyway

I'm running the balanced audio inputs from the Krell to the balanced outs on the dac, then running digital coax from bel Canto to Consononce

should this not be the right way?

thanks in advance

Kurt