PDA

View Full Version : Good grief! How noisey is the stock Techie power supply?!!

twelvebears
30-01-2010, 11:25
Not sure how I'd not noticed just how bad it is until now, but with the volume cranked up a bit, the difference between having the power to the Techie on or off is NOT subtle! :doh:

Dave C, roll-on Thursday!! :)

Marco
30-01-2010, 11:48
Steve,

After the SA-750D and Time Step have been fitted, you're in for a gob-smackingly massive improvement in sound quality, and the complete rediscovery of your record collection - trust me! :eyebrows:

Marco.

The Vinyl Adventure
30-01-2010, 12:15
I still stand by what I said when I got my timestep... £300 it is def the best value upgrade to my hifi... (Or at least best that I can mention the price of ;)) it really is stunning ... I want my techy back! Damn insurance company/postal service, I haven't even got that far yet :(

DSJR
30-01-2010, 12:20
With my Stilton OC9, the Dual is fairly similar, using a transformer in a metal case. Not a problem with MM's or high-output 'coils though...

In that case, the Timestep really will lower the noise-floor by an order of magnitude and that alone (before all the other differences) should make a huge improvement..

mike1210
30-01-2010, 14:17
Yeah I have 2 1210's and the stock one makes a noticeable buzzing noise.

When you fit the timestep PSU the SL1210 becomes so much more alive and exciting, not the best description I know but you won't regret buying one :)