PDA

View Full Version : cables: home grown v machined

doodoos
07-05-2008, 07:27
In considering a change of speaker cable, out of interest rather than necessity, I am reminded of the notion that home made cables, of which there are many in the UK, will be less consistent in sound than those run off tooling like nordost etc. However, home grown may offer better value. I am happy with silver like 'slinkylinks' and want to continue using silver, so suggestions would be welcome as would answers to the thread title, to point me in the right direction.

Tony Moore
07-05-2008, 08:30
Have you tried TNT Twisted Twins? Very cheap to build (CAT5 network cable) and in my opinion worth an experiment to see just how cheap something can be and still sound excellent. I've used them for years now after trying commercial ones (but never mega-bucks ones as I don't like paying loads of hard earned cash for wires) and I keep coming back to these.

They do have the disadvantage of being low WAF and difficult to hide away but worth a try anyway.

http://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/triple_t_e.html

Cheers,
Tony

Filterlab
07-05-2008, 10:27
Have you tried TNT Twisted Twins? Very cheap to build (CAT5 network cable)...

I have, I found the instructions on a site and built a lovely braided set.

Not as good as my X-tube though (to my ears), however they work extremely well on my front cinema channels. :)