PDA

View Full Version : A Grey Day. But Good To Be Outside.

Sand Dancin Donkey Walker
25-01-2010, 18:02
Hi Guys

Been out and about with the dogs today, Faye is recovering for being spayed so not been too far in the last couple of weeks, all well now though.

Took a trip to the South Gare, which is the Southern mouth of the River Tees. A bit of a dark Grey day, but enjoyed the beach which was deserted. Dogs loved the run, and took an interest in the local Seal population which some were close to the beach in the surf, no good photo’s of that unfortunately. Took a few pics of the local backdrop which is only a few miles from home.

Will return in the summer as it looks very different then.

A Couple of photo shy Labs

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/HyCoignitor/Audio%20Art%20of%20Sound/SouthGare20V1.jpg

Paddys Hole - A Splash Of Colour On A Grey Day

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/HyCoignitor/Audio%20Art%20of%20Sound/SouthGare02V1.jpg

Redcar Blast Furnace Ore Unloaders In The Background.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/HyCoignitor/Audio%20Art%20of%20Sound/SouthGare01V1.jpg

Redcar Blast Furnace - Really Hope The Lights Stay On For The Workforce, I Spent 25 Years With Corus So Have A Great Sympathy For Them All

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/HyCoignitor/Audio%20Art%20of%20Sound/SouthGare09V1.jpg

The Tees Industry, Mainly Chemical In The Background

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/HyCoignitor/Audio%20Art%20of%20Sound/SouthGare15V1.jpg

Andy - SDDW

Beechwoods
25-01-2010, 21:04
Looks cold, Andy! But I love the picture of the moorings. The mix of colours almost looks other-worldly.

Steve Toy
26-01-2010, 02:31
The dogs are really cute and they have really glossy coats. They must be well looked after.

Marco
26-01-2010, 07:55
Nice pics, Andy - you seem to have captured the vibrancy and 'mood' of the local area you know and love so well :)

Top-notch dogs, too... Did you 'Mr Sheen' them before you came out? ;)

Marco.

Rare Bird
26-01-2010, 11:02
Redcar Blast Furnace - Really Hope The Lights Stay On For The Workforce, I Spent 25 Years With Corus So Have A Great Sympathy For Them All

Nice pics Andy..Aye me too i lost my job at Corus was there over 10 year.

Sand Dancin Donkey Walker
26-01-2010, 21:21
Hi Guys

Sorry for the late replies to your posts, but to answer a few of the comments.

The temperature was about 3 degrees but felt a lot colder with the wind straight off the sea, a bitter cold day but strangely enjoyable. Will certainly be out there again.

The Labs are in very good condition, and getting better, not really sure why, just good food, regular walks and generally fussed over. Though on a weekly basis I crack a raw egg into their food. Not sure where I heard that tip but they love it.

Marco, I lke your comments. Years ago I wold have replied that

'If I didn't already live in Redcar, I wouldn't wish to move there and can't see why anyone else would want to'

Now it is a case of, the area has a lot going for it. Though it is a mainly industrial area it has a great variety and diverse manufacturing base. To add the iceing to the cake, the Beach is <1 mile from home, great walkes in the local hill are 2 miles from home and I have the great North Yorkshire Moors just 8 miles or so away.

On the whole not too bad a place to live, well I enjoy it in any case.

As for the dog polishing suggestion, never thought of that one before, will let you know the results :eyebrows:

Andre - Where in Corus did you work, was it the North East?
I sort of guessed you were from further South and West of me, Scunthorpe possible.

Which ever it is, being made redundant is not a good experience. I have ever sympathy for any that is going through it. I have do it 4 times now. Can be very stressful.

Somewhere on the Abstract Chat section I have a long thread about my experience from the last time it happened, once I was only employed for 4 days before being made redundent, that has to be some sort of record.

Glad you enjoy the photo's. Will have to make a good habit of posting the images of where I've been on a regular basis.

As a side comment, I have been very quiet on the audio sections of late. Thouogh I am still enoying my music (not as often as I'd like to be honest) I seem to be in the middle of a lull at the mo. Work is part of it, but can't put my thoughts together as to the underlying reasons. When I get my self together I will start a thread on the subject

Cheers all, take care

Andy

Spectral Morn
26-01-2010, 22:22
you have been missed Andy.

Thank you for posting the photos and keeping your hand in on the forum.

The dogs look fantastic.

Regards D S D L

DSJR
26-01-2010, 22:55
Brilliant capture of the mood!!!

Having spent two hours this aft "supervising" a Year 11 football match with a bitterly cold wind and feeling numb despite shirt, tie, scarf and coat done right up. The lads were mostly in polo shirts and shorts and happy to be playing..

I spied a couple of them in the town later puffing away on ciggies and wondered how long their fitness would last..............................

Rare Bird
27-01-2010, 00:33
Andre - Where in Corus did you work, was it the North East?
I sort of guessed you were from further South and West of me, Scunthorpe possible.

Part of the Aldwarke Site, Rotherham.

jon1
28-02-2010, 12:12
Andy...nice pics BTW..set of from paddy's hole a few times to do a spot of fishing from one the boats down their;)

jon