PDA

View Full Version : Production Update

SW1X
29-06-2017, 10:46
From now on the Standard versions of DAC I and LPU I will be wired with copper wires by default. DAC I will only be available in two versions either Passive (via resistor) or Active (via special transistor) I/U. Generally, all our performance level 1 products are going to be predominantly copper wired, performance level 2 about 50/50 copper/silver wired and performance level 3 predominantly silver wired. The standard version of DAC III could be also wired in copper on special request. All our Signature version products are wired in silver as usual.

We recently discovered an excellent sounding Germanium transistor for the I/U conversion stage. It has a even softer, warmer & tubey sounding character than the Silicon based transistor we have been using so far. Both transistor types are excellent sounding but do have a different character. If those transistor were humans, Silicon transistor would be a macho type of man and Germanium would be a gentle & warm but an expressive character type of woman.

Furthermore, Signature and Special versions of our DACs will from now on be equipped with the Germanium I/U transistor instead of Silicon. The Standard versions of our DACs will be offered with a specially selected Silicon transistor, which has slightly more grungy sound character.

Everything else remains in our products remains as defined by the SW1X Audio Design Performance Level System

All our existing customers who purchased a Signature version of our DACs have an option to send their DACs to us for a free of charge upgrade.

http://sw1xad.co.uk/production-update/

bumpy
23-09-2017, 13:58
All our existing customers who purchased a Signature version of our DACs have an option to send their DACs to us for a free of charge upgrade.

http://sw1xad.co.uk/production-update/

I just took Slawa up on this offer and very pleased I did. The DAC 1 Signature now has even more valve like qualities. Besides all the other Hi Fi attributes it now sounds smoother and offers fatigue-less listening. I helped a bit in the initial selection of the Germanium transistors. They have lovely qualities, being smooth and also very revealing. However, revealing can be a two edged sword so Slawa has done a great job in harmonising his circuits around them.