PDA

View Full Version : How Many HDMI Inputs Do You Need?

Minstrel SE
13-05-2017, 19:59
I need a new television with a decent amount of HDMI inputs. I only have two at present which is useless in this day and age.

I will be running a PVR and at least 3 (up to 5) games consoles. I will also need an input for a Blu Ray player and whatever else takes my fancy. I also have 7 scart games consoles which need running so I keep a CRT for some of them

I dont like small separate switchboxes so I will see if there is a television or AV amplifier with plenty of inputs. I would use an AV amp as a switch box.

The problem with the cheaper televisions is they skimp on a proper level of inputs. I would love to be minimalist but theres plenty of equipment I like to put on the TV shelf unit.

So much equipment and so little space for it. Its a real headache at times

Cheers
Martin

struth
13-05-2017, 20:04
I use a switchbox I have to say. Its quite good...actually I have 2. not paying an extra couple of hundred for it but, yes it would be good if they came as standard.. say 4 would be a good number; 5 even better. But, I guess if you had 6, you'd want 7.:eyebrows: such is the way it goes.

Stratmangler
13-05-2017, 20:15
My TV has 4 HDMI inputs, and to be frank, it's not enough.
I have a couple more devices that it would be nice to connect permanently, to save swapping HDMI leads around for.

Minstrel SE
13-05-2017, 21:22
My TV has 4 HDMI inputs, and to be frank, it's not enough.
I have a couple more devices that it would be nice to connect permanently, to save swapping HDMI leads around for.

Yes this is my whole point Chris. 4 is nicer but its still not enough. As Grant says I would probably want more even at 6.

A new telly is coming but I think I will have to get a decent quality switch box.

Believe me I curse the console companies for not having backwards compatibility but thats the life of a gamer. I would pay a premium to free up console space

I could fill four easily and still be wanting. I can reach over the back but swapping cables is just not convenience.

I will give this some thought
Cheers
Martin