PDA

View Full Version : FS: Original 1967 Pink Floyd UFO Club psychedelic poster

The Black Adder
08-12-2014, 18:22
Hi all.

Are you a Floyd fan? - Want something to adorn your hifi pad that's amazingly unique?

As a long going sell-off of kit n what-not's I'm selling my beloved Pink Floyd poster.

This is an original, not a bootleg copy of this iconic poster.

Designed and printed by Hapshash and the Coloured Coat - the famous psychedelic artist studio.

Condition is near mint, no pin holes or anything. It has a slight crease and small roll wrinkles but would be pressed out with a better frame. It's been kept out of sunlight all these years too. I've had it for 10ish years and it came straight out of storage.

The colours are very vibrant. It has a silver back colour to which might be hard to see in the pics.

It's framed in a nice frame with perspex glass but can be sent in a poster tube if needed.

I'm asking £250ono + delivery (Framed) - £200 firm + delivery (un-framed)

I also have a 2nd press (1973) Pink Floyd Cheetah club flyer poster somewhere, just need to find it.

http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq295/musical_submarine/floyd/DSC09497.jpg

http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq295/musical_submarine/floyd/DSC09498.jpg

http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq295/musical_submarine/floyd/DSC09500.jpg

By it quick before I cry... :(

The Barbarian
08-12-2014, 20:09
Keep it man..

PaulStewart
08-12-2014, 20:16
PM Sent

RichB
09-12-2014, 05:30
Very cool indeed. glws.

The Black Adder
09-12-2014, 20:17
Cheers Richard. It's very special.

twotone
09-12-2014, 20:27
I'm not into PF but if that poster were mine I wouldn't sell it unless I had to.

GLWTS

Tony

Tarzan
09-12-2014, 21:12
That poster is cool it is beyond words.:eek:

The Barbarian
10-12-2014, 08:34
I'm not into PF but if that poster were mine I wouldn't sell it unless I had to.

GLWTS

Tony

Loverly Pinky Floyd Silk Screen poster as it says so by the aeroplane exhaust smoke trail..it's a Hapshash & the coloured coat poster printed by Osiris Visions for the UFO club, tottenham court Road to promoted The Floyd July 1967.. The picture Joe put up does not do it justice, It really is a nice item in da flesh..

I could really do with this providing it is original! but the Price is out of my range. It would be a great addition to my Collection of 1960's International Times magazines/papers

The Black Adder
10-12-2014, 12:56
Sale is on hold for the moment... My partner is making me feel guilty... thanks

It is an original - I don't have any provenence apart from some sketchy history of where it came from.

The PF Cheetah poster I have (rolled up somewhere) is a 2nd pressing.

The Black Adder
03-01-2015, 20:42
Back up for sale.. :)

Pierre De Grenoble
03-01-2015, 21:42
:drool:

datdad
05-01-2015, 15:42
Hi there, the poster looks in good condition & well framed.
The imprint Osiris the posters publisher was a 'brand' of Joe Boyd's Witchseason productions based first in Westbourne Terrance then until its close in Charlotte Street. Joe Boyd was the producer of Fairport Convention, Nick Drake, Incredible String Band, John Martyn, Vashti Bunyan & early Pink Floyd. He also started (with John Hopkins) the UFO club for which many some of the posters were produced. His book White Bycycles deal well with the period of the last 1960's & early 1970s.
There was few years ago an exhibition of the most of the posters at the V & A museum in London they still look good.
I worked for Joe Boyd at Witchseason and at UFO. Good times nice posters.:)
best wishes

Pierre De Grenoble
05-01-2015, 15:56
Nice heads up Huw I just ordered the book off the River...

Hi there, the poster looks in good condition & well framed.
The imprint Osiris the posters publisher was a 'brand' of Joe Boyd's Witchseason productions based first in Westbourne Terrance then until its close in Charlotte Street. Joe Boyd was the producer of Fairport Convention, Nick Drake, Incredible String Band, John Martyn, Vashti Bunyan & early Pink Floyd. He also started (with John Hopkins) the UFO club for which many some of the posters were produced. His book White Bycycles deal well with the period of the last 1960's & early 1970s.
There was few years ago an exhibition of the most of the posters at the V & A museum in London they still look good.
I worked for Joe Boyd at Witchseason and at UFO. Good times nice posters.:)
best wishes

datdad
05-01-2015, 16:02
No worries Pierre, with all the knowledge of HI fi on this site that I can't say much about, its nice to write up a little that my younger self saw. If you are interest in Boyd his web site http://www.joeboyd.co.uk/contact.html has a news letter one can look at. His musical taste is till s wide as it was. best wishes Huw

normanhathaway
12-03-2017, 16:06
Back up for sale.. :)

Still for sale?