PDA

View Full Version : Just a System pic........

beek
05-01-2010, 03:59
:cool: system pic..

dantheman91
05-01-2010, 07:41
are you speakers to close together but anyway nice system but fizzy though :lolsign:

Spectral Morn
05-01-2010, 11:07
:cool: system pic..

Hi Beek.

Welcome to AOS.

Pop into the welcome section of the forum and say hello properly. What kind of music do you like ? What items make up your system and where are you hoping to go with it over the next year say?

It would be nice if you include some larger photos and close up shots of your kit. The photo above is really to small to tell us much....sorry. Also linking to your photo hosting site will give better results imho, as what you have done is to small...no bigger than 1024 x 763 please.

Regards D S D L

beek
05-01-2010, 14:32
:cool:Thanx for the system compliment. I had a scanner problem at that time (the sled rails dried up) but like the effect anyway. Ths speakers are Magneplaner MG-1.6 with slabs of Ubatuba on top of the feet & adj. spikes below. I also am using Bel Canto M300's on the top & a Crown K-1 on the bottom for the SVS subs X/O'ed at 50 Hz. Inner edges of the Mags are about 61/2 ft. apart & 31/2 ft off the front wall..

chris@panteg
07-01-2010, 12:22
Looks impressive ' that is a damn good sized room you have there .

bigmarty
07-01-2010, 18:10
Hi Beek, Happy new year, cracking looking system, It would of taken me a couple of hours in photoshop to get that effect in your pic.:lol:

Big Marty

The Grand Wazoo
07-01-2010, 19:35
I thought it was vaseline smeared on the lens to achieve soft focus.

Barry
07-01-2010, 19:53
:cool:Thanx for the system compliment. I had a scanner problem at that time (the sled rails dried up) but like the effect anyway. Ths speakers are Magneplaner MG-1.6 with slabs of Ubatuba on top of the feet & adj. spikes below. I also am using Bel Canto M300's on the top & a Crown K-1 on the bottom for the SVS subs X/O'ed at 50 Hz. Inner edges of the Mags are about 61/2 ft. apart & 31/2 ft off the front wall..

Bob Guchionne (not sure about the spelling) would have been proud of the result!

Belated welcome to AoS from me, Beek.

The Grand Wazoo
07-01-2010, 19:56
Oops, how rude of me.
Welcome Beek - we all hope you're going to enjoy The Art of Sound.

(Barry's impeccable manners often remind me of how bad mine are).

Cheers

The Vinyl Adventure
07-01-2010, 20:14
I thought it was a Vaseline job too!
Welcome
I have an unfinished project where I am trying to modify a flatbed scanner to take digital photos. I tried to make a lens for it with a ohp lens but it didn't work so decide I needed a large format camera to adapt to take the scanner as a digital back ... But can't afford one... Anyway that's prob for a different forum :)

Barry
07-01-2010, 20:19
I thought it was a Vaseline job too!
Welcome
I have an unfinished project where I am trying to modify a flatbed scanner to take digital photos. I tried to make a lens for it with a ohp lens but it didn't work so decide I needed a large format camera to adapt to take the scanner as a digital back ... But can't afford one... Anyway that's prob for a different forum :)

You could always do photograms! And in colour as well.

If you let me know the dimensions of your scanner, I can calculate the required focal length required for various angles of view.

Regards

The Vinyl Adventure
07-01-2010, 21:01
Been through all that Barry, in fact the photogram idea was where I originally got the idea, I then discovered that there is a chap in America who does quite a lot of photography with a type of canon scanner. I bought a few of them and succeded temporarily in getting the thing to work without the lid down then I managed to remove the lens that focuses the sensor for such close scanning Then only came unstuck trying to use the ohp lens! Aparently it is basically possible with a magnifying glass lens but I put the project on old when I broke my second attempt... Il get back to it!
The focal lengths are the same as they would be with the large format camera The most suitable size was 10x8 so a normal lens is around 300mm
as for a normal lens if I wa to make the box it's self.. Well I don't think I would be to worried beond just getting it to work... Cheers though Barry

beek
07-01-2010, 21:09
I see in your avatar a Nikon body is that a D-3 also is that what you are using now? Thanx :mental:

The Vinyl Adventure
07-01-2010, 21:18
I use a d3 and 700 for work yes, tempted to upgrade to an d3s but I think il wait for the next gen
you into your photography too?

beek
07-01-2010, 21:24
Thanx for the reply. I am still analog F-100's & saving my pennies for a D700, MB-10.......:)

The Vinyl Adventure
07-01-2010, 23:34
F100, good camera! We have a few photographers here, a couple if whom are very much still film users!
Good to see someone using the correct brand of slr though :)