PDA

View Full Version : John Wick chapter 2

wee tee cee
06-03-2017, 16:36
Went last week with my good lady, reckon its the best action movie i have seen. 2hrs of non stop entertainment. The stunt work and choreography is second to none. The opening sequence were he retrieves his car from the baddies is worth the ticket price alone.

Set in Rome with a full battle in the Caracala.....just majik.

No shaky cam....thank fuck!!!

Well worth a look....usual caveat, its a bourne/bond action movie- the finest of its genre IMHO.

Bigman80
06-03-2017, 17:30
Went last week with my good lady, reckon its the best action movie i have seen. 2hrs of non stop entertainment. The stunt work and choreography is second to none. The opening sequence were he retrieves his car from the baddies is worth the ticket price alone.

Set in Rome with a full battle in the Caracala.....just majik.

No shaky cam....thank fuck!!!

Well worth a look....usual caveat, its a bourne/bond action movie- the finest of its genre IMHO.
The first was very good too

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Gazjam
06-03-2017, 18:09
Going tommorow to see it Tony, looks great loved the first one.

Ali Tait
06-03-2017, 18:11
Yeah looking forward to seeing this, the first one was good.

rigger67
06-03-2017, 18:32
I'm going again this week, I love both so much.

I think the first one is the best, most stylish action thriller since Dirty Harry.

wee tee cee
07-03-2017, 12:17
Watched the original last night...just great entertainment with a nice underlying humour and a sense that they didnt take themselves too seriously.

The second one builds on the first and really has that graphic novel feel( comics if your a bit older).

There is homage to loads of action movies and stunts that really up the game of the stunt men and women. Great car chases/fight scenes. One particular stunt involves a fight were the two stunt men are rolling down a long flight of stairs whilst still knocking lumps out of each other-just fantastic.

rigger67
07-03-2017, 17:31
The second one builds on the first and really has that graphic novel feel

I said that to my mate as we watched it ! :)

Speaking of which, I saw Logan today at the cinema.
I'm no Marvel fanboy by any means, but it was probably the best film I've seen yet from that studio, ahead of AntMan (hilarious and an unexpected delight) and Deadpool (also funny, but too hyped).
It was more of a regular, adult sci-fi action thriller .. almost like a grown-up movie for normal people.
Very dark and had a lot of the same feeling Batman Begins had ..

wee tee cee
08-03-2017, 13:07
Went to Logan yesterday. Really enjoyed it-some heavy themes explored, growing older with your body betraying you, caring for the elderly with a sense of duty and frustration. The responsibility of looking after a child and the importance of family.

Oh and some extreme violence and cruelty. The wee lassie was superb.

Thought Steven Merchants performance was a real standout-relaxed, natural and engaging...

Again well worth a look IMHO.

rigger67
08-03-2017, 13:13
Yep, agree with all of that, that girl is gonna be a superstar.

Incidentally, if you like Merchant did you see any of his American sitcom, Hello Ladies ? It was brilliant :D

wee tee cee
09-03-2017, 14:20
Will give it a look.