PDA

View Full Version : FS: Two Japanese Audiophile Jazz Records

Sherwood
21-02-2017, 20:01
On one of my trips to Japan a record shop was playing some "Audiophile" Jazz records on a fantastic sound system. I bought these two discs (both Japanese JVC pressings) for their fantastic sound quality and musicianship:

The String Band has some great musicians, not least Ron Carter and Roy Haines.

The Super Touch album is a Jazz piano recital by Susumu Arima.

There are some startling dynamics on these discs. I used to find both records invaluable in fine tuning my turntable setup.

Both in excellent condition with covers in very good condition.

£25 for both including UK delivery.

Geoff

Sorry the pictures are not better.

vinylspinner
21-02-2017, 20:04
Hi Geoff,

I would like these please.

Nigel

Sherwood
21-02-2017, 20:05
Record fast sale. PM me with your details please.

Geoff

farflungstar
21-02-2017, 21:20
Damnation - I was in class and missed these.

Audio Al
21-02-2017, 21:24
Hi Geoff,

I would like these please.

Nigel

Good luck I hope you get them OK :)

Sherwood
21-02-2017, 21:31
Damnation - I was in class and missed these.

Adrian,

I am in the process of pruning my vinyl collection last played in 1998. Over 1000 albums that have been in storage for nearly 20 years. I have a lot of stuff on both cd and vinyl so will be keeping the cds since my main system is digital (I've already ripped about 3000 cds to FLAC).

Keep an eye out for upcoming posts or let me know your preferences. I have another MCA Audiophile pressings coming up for sale. Steely Dan: Gaucho. Just need to take a picture and decide reasonable price.

Geoff

farflungstar
21-02-2017, 21:34
Thanks geof - I've subscribed to your thread. My taste is eclectic, jazz, female vocal, electronica, anything cello...

Sherwood
21-02-2017, 21:44
Thanks geof - I've subscribed to your thread. My taste is eclectic, jazz, female vocal, electronica, anything cello...

Adrian,

plenty of female vocals from 70s and 80s. Let me have a sort through!

As to cello, I think we should start a new thread for best cello solo in popular music. To kick it off, how about Colin Blunstone's Say you Don't Mind!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-wekAq-s34

Geoff

farflungstar
21-02-2017, 21:56
I'm gonna have to keep an on this thread. Currently checking eBay for talk talk / yello albums