PDA

View Full Version : Sennheiser 456

Rare Bird
29-12-2009, 19:14
I've been looking for a cheapish pair of headphones for quite some time for around £100 mark, was recommended by a couple of people to forget £100 & buy a pair of Sennheiser '465' or '485'..I've bought a pair to use with the new DAC, was wondering if anyone else heard these? i left the '485' purely over the colour of em..What i like about them is the leads a single mini jack plug so the shity cable can be replaced with something special & shorter

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/LIVING-SIN/465.jpg

Edit: (Sorry topic should be '465' not '456' )

John
30-12-2009, 13:42
They should be quite nice I have the 595 They work really well with my walkman so I imagine the 465 will be pretty good
I got the 595 from Amazon below £100 but not great looking but make up for it with how they sound
Changing the leads will help a lot

Rare Bird
30-12-2009, 14:01
Thanks John.I have the big AKG but i cannot get on with them at all. These new ones probably be here next week now i recon..People are obsessed with the top model Sens & AKG, god alone knows why.

John
30-12-2009, 14:08
yes tend to agree I had the 701 and 600 both nice cans but perfer the 595 more suited to my needs
Changing the cable on the 600 made a big difference but they just not work with walkmans and ipods and take a lot of driving to get the best out of them What I like about 595 they easy to drive so work well with most things The 7o1 not quite as clean as the 600 but good balance just not practical for everyday use

Rare Bird
02-01-2010, 09:17
'465's arrived this morning, amazing build quality..Rock concert bass responce inside your head...Nice cuddly valve type sound without any detail loss.just what the doctor ordered to taime the tad bright DAC headphone outlet

Barry
05-01-2010, 22:13
I've always liked Sennheisers, although it is a while since I used headphones.

Glad to hear you like them Andre, how much are they? I need to get a new set of phones for critical listening of tape recordings; my cheap 'walkman' style phones that I use with the computer are inadequate for this task.

Regards

Rare Bird
05-01-2010, 22:19
I've always liked Sennheisers, although it is a while since I used headphones.

Glad to hear you like them Andre, how much are they? I need to get a new set of phones for critical listening of tape recordings; my cheap 'walkman' style phones that I use with the computer are inadequate for this task.

Regards

Hi Barry

I forgot to mention this:

I was sat here last night listerning at medium level when the right can blew! gotta be a faulty set of phones, don't understand i have a couple pair of sennheisers at 32 ohm the same & all had some right hammer over the years still cool...Even though the new ones were nice'n' warm and cuddly, i think now they were a bit too much & too overpowering at the bottom end...They were about 60 quid, i don't think i'd recommend them now..If you want a really cheap pair the HD 457 are nice & clean...

Lucky enough the seller sent me a return form for em.

Barry
05-01-2010, 22:58
Cheers Andre. I'll look out for a set of 457s.

Regards