PDA

View Full Version : Naim 72/HiCap/140

pitadavespa
07-02-2017, 13:02
Hi,

I'm, since yesterday, the very happy owner of this great amp!! :D

Now I need to buy some DIN/RCA cables to connect my sources to the pre, but I thought I could just buy some 5 Pin DIN (male) to 2 RCA (female) and use my existing interconnects.
Something like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-Pin-Din-Plug-to-2-Phono-RCA-sockets-Adapter-B-O-NAIM-QUAD-/252237872974?hash=item3aba8c7f4e:g:d-wAAOxy69JTDJP-
or maybe this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HQ-2-Phono-RCA-Sockets-5-Pin-Din-Male-Adapter-B-O-NAIM-QUAD-/351930516935?hash=item51f0b185c7

Is this a route you guys recommend?
In your opinion, will this affect/compromise the sound?

Thanks,
Luis

hifi_dave
07-02-2017, 13:09
They would do the job but I would use Flashback Cables for some proper DIN - Phono incons. Very good and reasonably priced.

DiveDeepDog
07-02-2017, 13:52
+1 flashback cables, almost indistinguishable from Naim black cables, great service and excellent prices

pitadavespa
07-02-2017, 14:40
They would do the job but I would use Flashback Cables for some proper DIN - Phono incons. Very good and reasonably priced.

+1 flashback cables, almost indistinguishable from Naim black cables, great service and excellent prices

Thanks Dave and Mark,

I'll check them.

Regarding the Cassette Deck, which also has phono plugs, the same cable carries in and out, right?

Cheers,
Luis

Barry
07-02-2017, 15:10

Yes, I can't speak too highly of Flashback Sales. In the past I've had some custom cables made for me by them (usually I prefer to make up my own cables, but when it comes to DIN or Tuchel terminated cables, I'm prepared to pay for expediency), and if you talk to them on the phone, they are knowlegable, friendly and helpful. The quality of the work is excellent and the costs reasonable.

pitadavespa
07-02-2017, 15:24
Yes, I can't speak too highly of Flashback Sales. In the past I've had some custom cables made for me by them (usually I prefer to make up my own cables, but when it comes to DIN or Tuchel terminated cables, I'm prepared to pay for expediency), and if you talk to them on the phone, they are knowlegable, friendly and helpful. The quality of the work is excellent and the costs reasonable.

Thanks Barry.

I'll see what I'll do.
I have ICs in excess, so I was trying to use them, but the cost of just the DIN-to-RCA adapter is almost the same as a complete DIN-RCA cable...