PDA

View Full Version : FS: The Great Composers (52 Disc Partworks Collection0

Sherwood
28-01-2017, 17:08
The next item from my long term storage cache is this 52 disc classical partworks (both the albums and magazines in their binders and storage boxes).

This is a set of selected recordings from the Decca, Philips and Deutsche Grammophon catalogues. Apparently each of the 52 classical discs in the Great Composers series was chosen as a leading recorded example of that piece.

I am not a big classical fan myself and subscribed to the set for my then girlfriend. I think I made a cassette copy of the earlier discs in the series for her to play in the car. After we parted company the remainder just went into the binders/boxes without ever being played. Such is life.

In excellent/ mostly unplayed condition but after more than 30 years they may benefit from a clean.

Looking for £300 plus postage ono (that's less than £6 per disc & magazine combo).

Geoff

Sherwood
09-02-2017, 16:43
any offers?

Sherwood
22-02-2017, 10:34
Final offer at £270 plus postage (or collection) before it heads to the evil auction place!

Small price to play for instant classical record collection. Each disc comes with a substantive magazine documenting the life of the composer, the work(s) being performed, and the historical context.

:stalks: