PDA

View Full Version : Big up Mr Firebottle

alcarmichael
24-01-2017, 22:01
I'd just like to write a little word of thanks and appreciation for Alan, you may have noticed I've been advertising a fair amount of gear recently, this is due to a house purchase which finally completed on Friday.

I was in discussion with Alan about amps after having his demo AIR power amp on loan for a while in my system (which I would've ordered had it not been for the house purchase) and we got on to the amount of gain in my Croft pre; Alan extremely kindly offered to modify my amp free of charge due to my financial situation. The Croft is so much more usable now after he's tinkered with it, I can have different volumes rather than off or LOUD!

Thank you very, very much Alan, such a kind, generous offer and immensely appreciated. It was great to meet you and Shirley. It was also fascinating to experience your stereo with those stunning looking ESL57's hanging from the ceiling. :D

brian2957
24-01-2017, 22:10
Hah ! I was down at Alans place the other weekend Alex . Thoroughly nice people and Alans '' hanging '' speakers are a sight to behold . The system sounds fantastic into the bargain :)

Gazjam
24-01-2017, 22:56
Alan's a cruel, selfish sonofabitch, only interested in whats best for him.

Naa, actually, he's the opposite of that! :)
One of life's 'Good Guy's'...hifi wise (and probably anything else wise) he da man.

Bigman80
25-01-2017, 00:26
He's done loads of bits for me and never asked for a penny. He's a gentleman.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Jimbo
25-01-2017, 07:05
+1 always a pleasure dealing with Alan and he is extremely helpful with technical info. Over the last 3 years I have had quite a number of meetings / bake offs / general hifi listening sessions with Alan and they have always been very enjoyable. One of the the true gents on AOS

CageyH
25-01-2017, 07:22
Since I met Alan he has cost me a fortune. I don't regret it one bit though as my system sounds superb.
His products offer fantastic VFM. His after sales service is second to none.
As others have said, he is a true gent. Shirley is a superb hostess. My only regret is that they moved back to the UK from France.

Zoidburg
25-01-2017, 10:01
My dealings with Alan echo those above, and he made buying his phono stage very easy.

Floyddroid
25-01-2017, 22:36
Top geezer.

vinyljunky
04-02-2017, 12:16
Got Alan's two box phono a couple of year's ago it was sublime loved it until it was stolen in a burgulary.Alan did not hesitate in giving me an invoice for insurance purposes I can't speak too highly of him guys like Alan are a rare breed.Alan I salute you sir for the help you gave me.