PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Vancouver Island

Russell Dawkins
27-01-2008, 22:32
A big Hi :) to all, and good luck with this venture.

I see you are off to a very auspicious start with Bruce Swedien as a member - one of my all time heroes, since "Duke of Earl".
I just posted about you yesterday, Bruce, in AudioCircles:

http://tinyurl.com/23wdlc

I am a recordist of a different stripe - not having Bruce's elaborate skills, nor his equipment list, but sharing his enthusiasm for capturing the beauty of music. This is a glimpse into some of my activities in late 2006:

http://www.6moons.com/industryfeatures/armenia/armenia.html

I also have a particular interest in playback environments/equipment.

More to come.

Glad to be here.

Russell Dawkins

Filterlab
27-01-2008, 22:40
Hey Russell!

Good to have you here mate, sounds like you're the man to talk to about recording venues. So many artists are mastered without much thought these days that it's nice to know some folk do care about the quality of the recording.

Get stuck in mate, give us the benefit of your knowledge.

Excellent thread by the way. ;)

Marco
28-01-2008, 19:18
Hi Russell,

Welcome to the forum :)

Good to have you here. Let's here more of your pearls of wisdom!

Marco.

jimdgoulding
30-01-2008, 06:58
Permit me to add a footnote to Russell Dawkins. Russell is a sound engineer with a particular philosophy. He records things to be played back as natural as they were. I own his most recent recording- International Guitar Night II (Pacific Music). It features four acoustic guitar players- an amazing self taught player from Madagascar, A Spanish player schooled in Toledo (Spain, not Ohio), the organizer of the event from San Francisco, and one of your very own, Clive Carroll, all playing in trio, duo, and individually in front of a very sympathetic audience in a warm sounding hall. For lovers of fine recording and acoustic guitar, this is not to be missed. The music, the sound, the event, is wonderful. Thank you, Russell.