PDA

View Full Version : Zu omen 1 DIY 0

paulf-2007
14-01-2017, 22:25
Over the years I have enjoyed building my own speakers, open baffles followed by front horns, bass reflex single driver standmounts that I still use in the office and others that maybe more by luck than judgement have all worked very well. They are all compromises as most things are to some degree but since buying the Zu's I have no urge to build any more. I had started to get lowther alerions built by a cabinet maker who then pulled out which was a shame as I hadn't the time to make them. The drivers are sitting in their boxes in the listening room and every time I go in there I think about one day building those alerions just to know how they sound. Those DX45's are so good at what they do best, that's from about 200hz up, unlike the shouty 8" lowthers these are breathtaking.
But then today I listened to a variety of music in my list on Spotify including Boris Blanks Electrified album and wow they are incredible.

anubisgrau
15-01-2017, 10:02
how do you like najda, did you build it from a kit or you have a cased version?

paulf-2007
15-01-2017, 10:20
Hi Gordan, hope you are well. I bought it from a guy in France, it has RCA and balanced connections but he forgot to mention that to use the rca's I had to disconnect a plug inside or it wouldn't work. So I ended up sending it back to him and then it was lost for a while and turned out to be the concierge where lived had signed for it and not given it to him. Anyway I got it back and it works very well. As I've stopped DIY at the moment it's being used as a Dac in my office set up. I did consider selling it but when I get the urge to build sone speakers it will still be here. I can't say I've really used it as intended but it can be set up simply or as complicated as you like. I would say DEQX is better in that it can measure and correct the driver phase errors and flatten the drivers response and do room correction onboard whereas with Najda measurements for room correction would be done separately and then adjustments made in Najda. But the price difference is huge.