PDA

View Full Version : The North West Audio Show (Cranage Hall) 2017

freefallrob
09-01-2017, 13:52
Hi long time no visit, my bad.

Is anyone going to the Cranage Hall show this year? It's usually a good one and I missed it last year:doh:.

http://audioshow.co.uk/register-for-free-tickets/

24-25th June.

Marco
09-01-2017, 13:57
Lol... June! You like to plan ahead, eh mate? I'm still getting over Christmas! :D

[And yes, if we're not abroad on holiday somewhere, I'll probably will be going to Cranage Hall]

Marco (takes life one day at a time...) ;)

freefallrob
09-01-2017, 14:18
With the family/kids and work, the diary fills up quick!;)

Marco
09-01-2017, 14:33
Lol... Not too much of that is relevant at my end. Chilled out existence here... Anyway, Happy New Year, Rob - hope 2017 is a good one for you! :)

Marco.

FidelityArt
14-01-2017, 12:58
Marco. Why going abroad. Cranage Hall is a perfect place to spend your holiday. ��

Macca
14-01-2017, 13:25
Marco. Why going abroad. Cranage Hall is a perfect place to spend your holiday. ��

Don't forget to take about a million pounds with you if you are intending to eat and drink there, though.

Marco
14-01-2017, 14:34
Now there's an idea, Chris! I wonder if they'll throw in some Italian sun, authentic wine and food, too? :hmm:

That's where I was planning to go... ;)

Too right, Martin. I don't mind high prices (our recent trip to Austria wasn't exactly cheap), as long as I'm getting value (and quality) for money. They know that they've got a captive audience for these shows, so they can ramp up the prices for the punters attending, knowing that if they want to eat (or drink), they'll pay for it.

I usually go for an all-day breakfast at one of the local chain hotels, before going to the show, where you can eat as much as you like for a set price, and that does me for the day :cool:

Marco.

FidelityArt
14-01-2017, 21:32
Double room for two BB is £90 when you quote AUDIO. I don't think this is ridiculously expensive.

Marco
14-01-2017, 21:38
No, t'isnt... But how much is the food and drinks in the bar? ;)

Marco.

YNWaN
14-01-2017, 22:09
I've never eaten the food so can't say but the beer has always been of reasonable quality and also reasonably priced - not expensive.

Maybe it's me (yeah, well known acerbic 'clever twat') but I've honestly always found the staff really helpful and the atmosphere very convivial indeed - lots of old and new friends - really, a super cool show :).

FidelityArt
14-01-2017, 22:13
I think, it's a hotel standard.

Honestly, in my opinion Cranage isn't that expensive in comparison to other hotels.

For now, it's free entry, free parking. You never know, might be free food and free drinks in the future.

Macca
14-01-2017, 23:33
I seem to recall that I ordered a couple of turkey sandwiches and a pint of Boddy's and it was almost twenty quid. They were good sandwiches though.

It is a goof show though and a really good venue. I heartily endorse it and hope to attend. I will wrap some jam sandwiches in clingfilm and smuggle them in.

struth
14-01-2017, 23:34
I seem to recall that I ordered a couple of turkey sandwiches and a pint of Boddy's and it was almost twenty quid. They were good sandwiches though.

It is a goof show though and a really good venue. I heartily endorse it and hope to attend. I will wrap some jam sandwiches in clingfilm and smuggle them in.

they would have to be! even a whole turkey probably costs less than that ... as you can see I'm a tightwad ;)

walpurgis
14-01-2017, 23:46
I seem to recall that I ordered a couple of turkey sandwiches and a pint of Boddy's and it was almost twenty quid.

You have to be kidding. What's that, maybe a fiver for a pretty dear pint and £15 for a sarnie? I'd have picked it up and slung it at them if I'd been asked that much!

Macca
14-01-2017, 23:52
they would have to be! even a whole turkey probably costs less than that ... as you can see I'm a tightwad ;)

It did take me aback a little. But it is a posh hotel. Not as bad as that time I was drinking brandy in some fancy hotel in Amsterdam, came to my round and I found out it was 10 euros a shot. That was painful.

Barry
14-01-2017, 23:57
You have to be kidding. What's that, maybe a fiver for a pretty dear pint and £15 for a sarnie? I'd have picked it up and slung it at them if I'd been asked that much!

So would I! What a rip off! :steam:

Macca
15-01-2017, 00:13
The sandwiches weren't some British Rail things sat on a tray under a plastic dome. They made them up for me specially with the bread just lightly toasted like I asked. Mind, you can get the same or better in America* and it would be about 8 dollars plus tip.

(*excluding the eastern cities where they will gouge your ass in anywhere even half posh).

Barry
15-01-2017, 00:41
The sandwiches weren't some British Rail things sat on a tray under a plastic dome. They made them up for me specially with the bread just lightly toasted like I asked. Mind, you can get the same or better in America* and it would be about 8 dollars plus tip.

(*excluding the eastern cities where they will gouge your ass in anywhere even half posh).

Even so, £15 for a couple of 'sarnies' and a pint of Boddingtons is a total rip off. I doubt if you would pay that at the Ritz in London.

Marco
15-01-2017, 09:07

Eew... You dirty boy. Hope you'll pick the hairs off first! :eyebrows:;)

Marco.

Marco
15-01-2017, 10:07
Even so, £15 for a couple of 'sarnies' and a pint of Boddingtons is a total rip off. I doubt if you would pay that at the Ritz in London.

Presuming Martin's recollection of the prices is correct, I'd agree it's pricey, which is why I fill myself up with a (very enjoyable) all-day breakfast at this place, 5 mins down the road from me: https://www.whitbreadinns.co.uk/the-beeches-pub-and-restaurant

...enjoying one of these for £8: https://www.whitbreadinns.co.uk/the-beeches-pub-and-restaurant/promotions/youll-love-our-unlimited-breakfast

You get the choice of (unlimited and very good quality) full English breakfast, with unlimited continental breakfast too, running alongside it, including tea, coffee (and cappuccino), orange juice, etc. I have that around 9am, then make my way along to Cranage Hall, suitably sated for the day, which is less than 40 mins away - job done! :cool:

There are stacks of these types of establishments all over the country, so find one local to you and simply 'fuel up' before going to the show, and your wallet will be happier!

Marco.

Marco
15-01-2017, 11:02
Just one point, though... I think it's worth remembering that Cranage is the only show I know of that has FREE ENTRY and parking. Normally, you're looking at £15-20 to get into a hi-fi show, with sometimes parking on top of that (if it's in a city centre venue) - and then the food and drink inside STILL costs a fortune!!

So that should be taken into consideration when assessing the VFM of the Cranage Hall 'package', where they're clearing making the event commercially viable, by profiting from food and drink sales. That's fine in my book :)

Marco.

narabdela
15-01-2017, 12:05
Just one point, though... I think it's worth remembering that Cranage is the only show I know of that has FREE ENTRY and parking. Normally, you're looking at £15-20 to get into a hi-fi show, with sometimes parking on top of that (if it's in a city centre venue) - and then the food and drink inside STILL costs a fortune!!

So that should be taken into consideration when assessing the VFM of the Cranage Hall 'package', where they're clearing making the event commercially viable, by profiting from food and drink sales. That's fine in my book :)

Marco.

...and a very fair point too. :thumbsup:

FidelityArt
26-04-2017, 20:02
Good News!!!

Scott Wainwright will play live at North West Audio Show on Saturday evening.

FidelityArt
01-05-2017, 11:37
https://www.facebook.com/384665005008725/videos/964549743686912/

FidelityArt
10-06-2017, 21:19
More news added on Facebook

https://m.facebook.com/Audioshow-384665005008725/

FidelityArt
11-02-2018, 11:16
Source Sound - leader in car audio installation will be present at this year’s North West Audio Show

https://www.facebook.com/audioshow2018/posts/1137568419718376

Pigmy Pony
11-02-2018, 19:55
Me and Mrs. Pony have booked online for this year's show, looking forward to it.

Something occurred to me recently-It seems a shame that you could be standing next to someone you've enjoyed forum banter all year, and not know them from Adam. For your information, I'll be the one with the arse cut out of my farah trousers, exposing my Inspector Gadget tattoo, and the missus will be giving one of her teddies an airing :)

Frazeur1
12-02-2018, 11:05
^^^ That could be more interesting than the Hifi show! :eyebrows:

Spectral Morn
12-02-2018, 11:58
^^^ That could be more interesting than the Hifi show! :eyebrows:

:scratch: could be he mean't to post that on another, type, of site ;)

Marco
12-02-2018, 12:10
Oh the things that went through my daft big nut, when reading that!:eyebrows:

Marco