PDA

View Full Version : Well that was nice of Sky

Jac Hawk
03-01-2017, 21:49
Over the xmas period i noticed on Sky that they were giving all customers a xmas gift, now i'm usually very sceptical about such things as they generally come with some sort of convoluted catch, anyway i was bored so i followed the link and received a voucher for a free movie and not just to rent no no, you get it to keep and they even send you the DVD in the post, i got the latest Star Trek movie but apparently you could choose anything in their store, even things on pre release sale like the new Star Wars movie.

i'm sure there are plenty of people that hate Sky to the core, but for once hats of to them they've done something nice for their customers and without any strings attached.

Zoidburg
05-01-2017, 15:51
I noticed this offer too and I was looking forward to ordering something. I didn't realise the offer only lasted until last day of December so now when I want to use it I can't.

Oddball
06-01-2017, 12:59
Bugger , me too

ianlenco
06-01-2017, 13:38
I must be on their likely to leave list. I got a free movie voucher then another for £13.95. If it wasn't for the cricket coverage I'd be gone :rolleyes:

Gazjam
06-01-2017, 21:46
If your not buying a product the you ARE the Product.

No such thing as a free lunch, but Star Trek Beyond was awesome!

PaulStewart
06-01-2017, 22:32
I would pull my own eyes out with hot pliers before I would pay the Murdochs any money. :steam:

Jac Hawk
06-01-2017, 22:34
If your not buying a product the you ARE the Product.

No such thing as a free lunch, but Star Trek Beyond was awesome!

True, but i'd already got Sky, the point is they didn't have to give anything away, and yes the latest Star Trek is awesome, tastefully including the death of Leonard Nimoy "Spock" into the story.

Gazjam
06-01-2017, 22:48
True, but i'd already got Sky, the point is they didn't have to give anything away, and yes the latest Star Trek is awesome, tastefully including the death of Leonard Nimoy "Spock" into the story.

Fair comment!
As a long time Trekker (not Trekkie) that scene with the photo of the original Crew got to me.
Tastefullly played and a deft acknowledgement Mr Pegg (...Scotty wrote the screenplay for Beyond)

vinyl
04-03-2017, 08:05
I would pull my own eyes out with hot pliers before I would pay the Murdochs any money. :steam:

LOL!!!

Alamo
04-03-2017, 08:13
Over the xmas period i noticed on Sky that they were giving all customers a xmas gift, now i'm usually very sceptical about such things as they generally come with some sort of convoluted catch, anyway i was bored so i followed the link and received a voucher for a free movie and not just to rent no no, you get it to keep and they even send you the DVD in the post, i got the latest Star Trek movie but apparently you could choose anything in their store, even things on pre release sale like the new Star Wars movie.

i'm sure there are plenty of people that hate Sky to the core, but for once hats of to them they've done something nice for their customers and without any strings attached.

Yep it was a nice freebie, I had the oasis documentary Supersonic
Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marco
04-03-2017, 09:18

Lol - I admire your principles, Paul, which in some aspects I share (detest the 'elite' who control the world, and Murdoch is a big part of that), but unfortunately my love of watching live football [in UHD] and in particular my beloved Glasgow Celtic (on SKY Sports), overrides my hatred of the former... ;)

Marco.