PDA

View Full Version : Firebottle lands in Gloucestershire

Reffc
31-12-2016, 08:28
Kirsty and I had the pleasure of Alan (Firebottle) and his lovely wife's company for the day yesterday. I just wanted to say that it was a real pleasure having you both here and as always, great to put a face to a name. I really liked your preamp Alan, great job on that, and the match with the lovely new STA25 was really very good indeed. We had a great day of mixed music and chat, with some pretty diverse toons from Eva Cassidy, to Yello, Sting and Verdi!

Firebottle
31-12-2016, 08:51
A very enjoyable day Paul, just to appease Marco I did take the camera but all the kit has been seen on AoS before anyway :ner:

Yes the music was very varied and all the more enjoyable for being so. Seeing and hearing the Tannoys up close was a real pleasure as all of us appreciate the craftsmanship that goes into them.

The Radford Revival STA25 was superb, highly recommended if you are in the market for a quality valve amp :thumbsup:

A cracking day out, pity about the mist spoiling the wider views of Gloustershire :doh:

:)

Sovereign
31-12-2016, 09:44
Nice one chaps :)

Radford Revival
31-12-2016, 12:05

hifinutt
31-12-2016, 13:38
ah for a minute there I thought alan flew literally in his microlight ...... sounds like a good time had by all

Macca
31-12-2016, 13:40
ah for a minute there I thought alan flew literally in his microlight ......

I'm sure that had it been possible he would have done.

hifinutt
31-12-2016, 17:56
no doubt ...bit chilly this time of year I guess !!

Marco
02-01-2017, 22:33
Pics [of the gear listened to]? Threads like these are pretty useless without them, folks! :worthless:

;)

Glad you all had a good time, though :)

Marco.

struth
02-01-2017, 22:34
They didnt pass the censor ;)

Firebottle
03-01-2017, 06:49
As I said the kit has all been seen before, but as you insist:

The amp and speaker(s) :

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n577/24pacman/IMG_1415_zpsubrymga3.jpg

Vinyl front end:

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n577/24pacman/Hifi/IMG_1382_zpsukxzwtzz.jpg

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n577/24pacman/Hifi/IMG_1386_zps87xzjkxo.jpg

Alternative preamp:

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt97/Paramotorpilot/Firebottle/P1040937.jpg

pgarrish
03-01-2017, 18:46
Paul,

did you try your passive with the new Radford?

Reffc
03-01-2017, 20:44
Paul,

did you try your passive with the new Radford?

I did Paul. At least I tried it with another Radford. It was really quite good, very low noise and zero cross-talk thanks to the earthing arrangement, but I just preferred the presentation that a really good active gave so sold the passive. I had a few people express interest in buying the RFC passive, but haven't really pushed the idea as very very busy with loudspeaker and cable work, so have very little time in honesty to pursue further.

I'll have TRON Seven linestage in the system next week and I have heard this with the TRON Convergence phono stage and my speakers. The match is really quite excellent, although some attenuation will be required for matching the input sensitivity of the Radford.

What can I say about the Radford except that it is undoubtedly the very best match with DC's I've yet heard.

Marco
03-01-2017, 23:30
As I said the kit has all been seen before, but as you insist:

Excellent and much appreciated, Alan. It's just that for those of us who weren't there, reading a bunch of words is just a bit 'meh', without some pics to bring it all together and make the whole thing more interesting :)

As I've said before with these local get togethers, take it as a prerequisite that pics of the gear listened to, and the room where it all happened in, is pretty much mandatory! :exactly:

Marco.

Reffc
04-01-2017, 08:09
The answer Marco, is that you'll have to visit yourself and bring your camera :lol:

The set up will be finalised in a week or so, and the results should be worthwhile ;)

Marco
04-01-2017, 17:13
The answer Marco, is that you'll have to visit yourself and bring your camera :lol:

The set up will be finalised in a week or so, and the results should be worthwhile ;)

Indeed, mate. That's defo something I intend to do later in the year :cool:

Marco.