PDA

View Full Version : Had an hour session today

paulf-2007
28-12-2016, 16:51
It's been several weeks since I switched on my kit, I was sick for three weeks and just didn't feel like going down the garden to the listening room or even listening anywhere. So this afternoon I put the heater on and played some vinyl. Started with a stack of old singles 'er indoors reckons are hers, some were not in great shape so got axed from the pile. Couldn't get an Internet connection for a while for Spotify so Agnes Obel got played and the all too familiar crap pressings of today, scratchy sounds from the start that faded further in. Everything including me warmed up and sounded very nice. Played some old favourites from Spotify and found I was enjoying Sinatra and Ella Fitzgerald more than some of the more modern selections. Also played Basia, always sounds great, that's it an hour of enjoyment and couldn't imagine ever wanting to spend stupid amounts of hard earned on any of the blingy belt drive monstrosities people drool over. The Denon DP80 and Stax 12" arm is rock solid. Happy new year to all.

jandl100
28-12-2016, 16:56
HNY to you, Paul.
Sorry to hear you were unwell.

Can you give more of a hint what "Basia" is, please! :)

Barry
28-12-2016, 17:32
Happy New Year to you as well Paul.

Sorry to hear that you have been unwell, but pleased to know you have recovered and are now enjoying listening to music.

Where would we be without music in our lives?

paulf-2007
28-12-2016, 23:21
HNY to you, Paul.
Sorry to hear you were unwell.

Can you give more of a hint what "Basia" is, please! :)Hi Jerry, Basia is a polish singer that used to sing with Matt Bianco, has many albums of her own. If you have Spotify or something similar do a search. Maybe not your thing.

jandl100
29-12-2016, 08:16
Ah, right, yep, Basia, found her.

Maybe not your thing.

Ne'er has a truer word been posted on an internet forum. :lol: