PDA

View Full Version : ReVox & TEAC Machines and Heat

Cas
24-12-2016, 16:33
This year is my first year back into reel to reel machines, the ReVox after recording a couple of tapes gets pretty warm, but my recent
acquisition the Teac A-3300SX puts it to shame in the heat stakes after recording a couple of tapes. Do not recall my Akai 4000D or
Akai GX260D getting as warm as these two.

337alant
25-12-2016, 07:28
Yes my Studer also gets quite hot on the top right side as the Power supply regs are bolted onto thear area

Alan

Cas
25-12-2016, 08:59
Yes it is more the right side on the ReVox and TEAC, the TEAC I believe has a built in fan and a vent
along the front at the top. On mine it is the front panel and top that gets quite warm, so not a real
cause for concern then ?

337alant
26-12-2016, 07:47
I recapped the whole machine, checked and adjusted all power supply voltages and re-seated all regs with fresh heat sink compound, replaced all reel motor bearings and lubricated the capstan motor it ran a little cooler but not much difference really so it must be normal.
My Tascam BR20s run much cooler

Alan

Cas
26-12-2016, 08:36
I recapped the whole machine, checked and adjusted all power supply voltages and re-seated all regs with fresh heat sink compound, replaced all reel motor bearings and lubricated the capstan motor it ran a little cooler but not much difference really so it must be normal.
My Tascam BR20s run much cooler

Alan

OK thanks.