PDA

View Full Version : NEBO 8

RichB
07-12-2016, 22:56
So with the MiBO behind us, (great do btw Macca), How's about a NEBO 8?

Thinking a full day Saturday in early/mid May in a familiar location (Teesside/Co Durham), similar set up to previous ones, no major changes.

What say you? Let's have expressions of interest here pls and if there's sufficient interest I'll put wheels in motion in the new year.

For the avoidance of any doubt attendance will be by confirmed invitation from me once the date is set.

All the best

Rich

Ali Tait
07-12-2016, 23:02
Aye put me down Rich.

Floyddroid
07-12-2016, 23:17
+1

DiveDeepDog
07-12-2016, 23:49
I enjoyed Mibo, if there's car share contingent from the Midlands I'd happily attend.

brian2957
08-12-2016, 06:52
Please count me in for this Rich :)

Gazjam
08-12-2016, 07:37
Me too.

Macca
08-12-2016, 08:19
And me

Marco
08-12-2016, 08:38
And me

Aye, as long as I run you there ;)

Yes, if I'm not doing anything around then (like going on holiday or something), count me in too, although it's a long time away yet and I don't plan so far in advance :)

Marco.

Macca
08-12-2016, 12:16
Aye, as long as I run you there ;)

Yes, if I'm not doing anything around then (like going on holiday or something), count me in too, although it's a long time away yet and I don't plan so far in advance :)

Marco.

If you can't make it I'll just get the train and stop in the hotel.

mik_rik
08-12-2016, 17:59
Count me in

Marco
08-12-2016, 17:59
No problemo. Essentially, if I'm free then I'll be going :)

Marco.

Arkless Electronics
08-12-2016, 18:26
And I'll live up to my reputation for being tactless but honest by no doubt giving a few "insert suitable expletive here"'s a sigh of relief by saying I won't bother...
Hindsight of course revealing that I have a few "enemies" amongst the regulars (regulars on here as well of course) whose animosity I hadn't guessed at and whose motives for such are beyond me I'm afraid..... maybe they really love their Russ Abbot mains cables.....:scratch::D
Non are customers I hasten to add!

A shame, a pity and bloody well not cricket IMO :(

Macca
08-12-2016, 18:32
Ah bollocks Jez. If you don't show up you're banned :)

Arkless Electronics
08-12-2016, 19:55
Ah bollocks Jez. If you don't show up you're banned :)

I wish it were bollocks Martin. It's not a pleasant situation to have events and remarks slowly lead you to the inescapable conclusion that there are people amongst this very hi fi fraternity, who you once considered forum friends or bake-off acquaintances, but whom time has revealed to "have it in for you" and for no reason one can come up with even after some head scratching... Non were amongst the few who had long waits for 640P phono stages (a few know people who were, yes) for a start... No names no pack drill.

Of course ones mind will wander as to whether ones impoverishment may be partly due to such ***** possibly PM'ing folks who are showing interest in my products and services to try and throw a spanner in the works... the fact that I'll no doubt never know equally doesn't help... I can only hope that even if someone was such a knob as to actually hate me for my views on mains cables (hi fi extremists!? Bizarre! It's just a stereo, get a life!) or some such, that even they wouldn't stoop so low....I don't know if there will be other posts present by the time I hit "send" on this one, but the simple fact that in an hour or so since my making such an "inflammatory" statement of "I'm not so daft to have not spotted what's been going on", you, Martin, have been the only one to reply, probably says a lot....

Edit: No surprise... no more replies.... They know who they are, I know who at least some (hopefully most/all!) are.
Yer never know, if the bikes back on the road by then (unlikely) I may come along after all just to piss on their cake by my presence :ner:

Marco
08-12-2016, 20:09
Yer never know, if the bikes back on the road by then (unlikely) I may come along after all just to piss on their cake by my presence :ner:

Please do, and in fact I insist on it! You'll be going to NEBO if I have to taxi you there and back.... ;)

In all seriousness though, what you've just written, Jez, shocks me to the core, and trust me, if it's true and I find out who's responsible, they'll be banned permanently from this forum. There is no place for folk like that on AoS.

Feel free to PM me with any proof you have or anything else you may wish to tell me about the matter in private.

Marco.

RichB
08-12-2016, 20:23
I wish it were bollocks Martin. It's not a pleasant situation to have events and remarks slowly lead you to the inescapable conclusion that there are people amongst this very hi fi fraternity, who you once considered forum friends or bake-off acquaintances, but whom time has revealed to "have it in for you" and for no reason one can come up with even after some head scratching... Non were amongst the few who had long waits for 640P phono stages (a few know people who were, yes) for a start... No names no pack drill.

Of course ones mind will wander as to whether ones impoverishment may be partly due to such ***** possibly PM'ing folks who are showing interest in my products and services to try and throw a spanner in the works... the fact that I'll no doubt never know equally doesn't help... I can only hope that even if someone was such a knob as to actually hate me for my views on mains cables (hi fi extremists!? Bizarre! It's just a stereo, get a life!) or some such, that even they wouldn't stoop so low....I don't know if there will be other posts present by the time I hit "send" on this one, but the simple fact that in an hour or so since my making such an "inflammatory" statement of "I'm not so daft to have not spotted what's been going on", you, Martin, have been the only one to reply, probably says a lot....

Edit: No surprise... no more replies.... They know who they are, I know who at least some (hopefully most/all!) are.

Jez, we have no grief whatsoever and I'd like you to come along and show us your latest tweakery. I'll provide the bog standard mains cables ;)

Gazjam
08-12-2016, 20:29
NO.

Don't let 'em win Jez...never ever.
Tag along and have fun with the rest of us and f***k them.

And I'll live up to my reputation for being tactless but honest by no doubt giving a few "insert suitable expletive here"'s a sigh of relief by saying I won't bother...
Hindsight of course revealing that I have a few "enemies" amongst the regulars (regulars on here as well of course) whose animosity I hadn't guessed at and whose motives for such are beyond me I'm afraid..... maybe they really love their Russ Abbot mains cables.....:scratch::D

Floyddroid
08-12-2016, 20:42
No mate. Absolutely not. On the occasions you managed to make it to Nebo in the past your presence has been appreciated and enjoyed. I see no reason why this should have changed and you are as always welcome. I for one have yet to hear one of you phono stages and would welcome the opportunity to here one. There are no slaves and masters here or brand preference so get yer ass along Jez.

petrat
09-12-2016, 10:53
Jez, we have no grief whatsoever and I'd like you to come along and show us your latest tweakery. I'll provide the bog standard mains cables ;)

This :thumbsup:

It'd be a great opportunity for us to hear the preamp, or whatever other developments you have on the go.

337alant
10-12-2016, 18:34
Da

Ali Tait
10-12-2016, 20:15
Yep. Bring yourself along Jez.

Arkless Electronics
11-12-2016, 14:19
Ok peeps I will :)

Macca
11-12-2016, 14:47
Good man.

Marco
11-12-2016, 15:18
Quality :thumbsup:

Marco.

vinyljunky
13-12-2016, 22:41
Count me in i shall come suitably attired

RichB
13-12-2016, 22:47
count me in i shall come suitably attired https://goo.gl/images/yn1kkt

and no shouting either ;)

walpurgis
13-12-2016, 23:36
Count me in i shall come suitably attired

:rolleyes: I dread to think. (;))

mad-moon
14-12-2016, 07:57
Al...will be there...and Vince will probably come..and probably Pete too...Nice on Rich...hope it all goes well...

Halfway Tree
14-12-2016, 13:04
Great stuff Rich, definitely plan on being there.

Gordon

Floyddroid
21-12-2016, 21:05
Can i ask to have NEBO renamed please? As i no longer have any input into organising the event i would appreciate the regular attendees assuming a suitable moniker and making the event their own.

Cheers.

steve

struth
21-12-2016, 21:11
:scratch:

RichB
21-12-2016, 21:52
Can i ask to have NEBO renamed please? As i no longer have any input into organising the event i would appreciate the regular attendees assuming a suitable moniker and making the event their own.

Cheers.

steve

I throw it open to the attendees... Let's have a contest. Choose a new name for our beloved bake off.

Winner gets a blank stare and a half drunk bottle of dog from me. ;)

struth
21-12-2016, 22:00
try north east bake off mk2

RichB
21-12-2016, 22:12
try north east bake off mk2

Or, 'i can't believe it's not NEBO'

Or, NEBO Max

Or, 'The Bake Off Formerly Known as NEBO'

struth
21-12-2016, 22:16
my point exactly. You cant stop folk calling a sausage a sausage, coz its always been a sausage.

RichB
21-12-2016, 22:22
my point exactly. You cant stop folk calling a sausage a sausage, coz its always been a sausage.

Let it fly... I'll take suggestions. If that's what Steve wants he gets respect. Til someone comes up with summat better it is what is.

Can't say fayrer than gnat. Fuctifino.

In fact that's it..... henceforth it shall be known as FUCTIFINO (8)

Arkless Electronics
22-12-2016, 13:12
I'll not now be attending this or any other bake off.

Scooby
22-12-2016, 13:17
"Son Of NEBO"?

RichB
22-12-2016, 13:40
I'll not now be attending this or any other bake off.

Why is that Jez?

Gordon Steadman
22-12-2016, 14:43
North East Area Trade Off

Sounds better than NEABO!

Arkless Electronics
22-12-2016, 15:35
Why is that Jez?

Ask Steve

RichB
22-12-2016, 16:37
Ask Steve

No Jez, I'm asking you.

Steve does not organise the event any more so whatever you and he may be discussing is of no concern to me, unless you think it should be, in which you should tell me.

Arkless Electronics
22-12-2016, 20:34
No Jez, I'm asking you.

Steve does not organise the event any more so whatever you and he may be discussing is of no concern to me, unless you think it should be, in which you should tell me.

I have no issues with the event itself or it's organisation. I've aired some of my feelings about things earlier in the thread and, as I was asked for a reply by Steve I pm'ed him to make my issues clearer. His reply was not conciliatory. I find it inconceivable that you could be unaware of my "issues", both from previous comments by myself and, little doubt, from Steve regarding the contents of said pm.

A silly poker metaphor... This is unfortunately a "zero sum game" for me, and one in which I'm the only one with any stake to loose. If you have no choice other than to continue the game... but it becomes apparent that the cards have been tampered with and the game is rigged against you... what do you do? Say nothing and carry on losing? Or do you, in full knowledge that you are powerless to prevent the rigging of the game, at least speak up and say that whilst you don't know precisely who's behind the rigging or what the motive is, you are not so naive as to be unaware that it's going on?

First option you keep losing. Second option you keep losing... but maybe get some "pyrrhic satisfaction" at knowing that they know, that you know, roughly what they're up to... Hey it's not like they were ever going to cease the foul play so what's to lose (?)

NEBO is involved merely through the likelihood of a percentage of those involved (I hope a small one) from the wider world of hi fi fora in general, will likely be there
and I have no particular wish to "chew the fat" and have a few beers with people in the knowledge that a few of them are doing so through gritted teeth and with a metaphorical dagger behind their backs....

Paranoid? Who knows... maybe a bit... I'll have to allow the fullness of time to grant me hindsight on that one, but "just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you"... and the significant, if circumstantial, "evidence" points to it being more than mere paranoia on my part. Unfortunately.

Obviously at the end of the day I've at least partially brought this upon myself... On line as in real life I'm an opinionated and sometimes "abrasive" person who'll call a spade a spade even at erm... "a fork fanatics convention" (think kind of Jeremy Clarkson, Jeremy Paxman and especially "Dr Gregory House" for a bit more insight!?) and online there is not the benefit of body language etc to help prevent misunderstandings. I hope at least some appreciate my honesty, candour and knowledge.. especially in certain contentious areas of hi fi.. and even politics! No doubt there are others who think "what a twat". One can't please all the people all the time nor make an omelette without breaking some eggs (is the AOS metaphorometer showing critical yet!?). If it's to do with the unfortunate late delivery of a few 640P's, around 4 years ago now, in which all were delivered eventually, sounded great and have been very reliable, well that is IMHO truly pathetic! A few only were involved, the product was and is great and I have offered my profuse apologies publicly... It hardly makes me an axe murderer! Get a life folks.... Many similar failures to delver on time by other small businesses and one man bands, and sometimes by years, have been brought to my attention over the past few years and I don't see any off these people being treated as I have been.

I've come back to this reply several times over a few hours whilst doing other things and I seem to have become more "specific" about things so I may as well hit the nail on the head here, better be hung for a sheep....

The best example I can give involves the Arkless 640P. I don't particularly push this product any more but it remains available in basic form.
It was/is regarded generally as the best budget phono stage available, with no rivals even at twice the price. It had rave review after rave review on the forums and became a "no brainer" standard recommendation for anyone interested in a VFM phono stage. It is listed in an AOS "sticky" of best VFM products as best VFM phono stage. Anyone thinking this an exaggeration is welcome to do their own research.

Have a think dear readers as to when you last saw a recommendation for the Arkless 640P? When you last saw it short-listed amongst others for recommendation even? You would need a long memory shall we say, And this in spite of the fact that it remains, probably, the best budget phono stage at any where near the price. Some of those who frequent NEBO are amongst those who once vociferously recommended the Arkless 640P again and again in any thread on budget phono stages. Every time these people now make a concious choice to recommend anything but the Arkless option, even in the knowledge that it's probably still the best budget phono stage on the market, they are taking the food from my table and threatening the roof above my head. Do they really think there would be any further delivery time issues after the "kicking" I got over my cock ups over ETA in the past?:(:rolleyes:
So no real mystery as to why I don't wish to indulge in chatter and beers with these people at NEBO then... Thanks for nothing guys...

And on that bombshell....Goodnight.

CageyH
22-12-2016, 20:52
Recently, you posted here that the Arkless Turbo was no longer available?
Is your modified 640p this product?

RichB
22-12-2016, 20:53
I have no issues with the event itself or it's organisation. I've aired some of my feelings about things earlier in the thread and, as I was asked for a reply by Steve I pm'ed him to make my issues clearer. His reply was not conciliatory. I find it inconceivable that you could be unaware of my "issues", both from previous comments by myself and, little doubt, from Steve regarding the contents of said pm.

A silly poker metaphor... This is unfortunately a "zero sum game" for me, and one in which I'm the only one with any stake to loose. If you have no choice other than to continue the game... but it becomes apparent that the cards have been tampered with and the game is rigged against you... what do you do? Say nothing and carry on losing? Or do you, in full knowledge that you are powerless to prevent the rigging of the game, at least speak up and say that whilst you don't know precisely who's behind the rigging or what the motive is, you are not so naive as to be unaware that it's going on?

First option you keep losing. Second option you keep losing... but maybe get some "pyrrhic satisfaction" at knowing that they know, that you know, roughly what they're up to... Hey it's not like they were ever going to cease the foul play so what's to lose (?)

NEBO is involved merely through the likelihood of a percentage of those involved (I hope a small one) from the wider world of hi fi fora in general, will likely be there
and I have no particular wish to "chew the fat" and have a few beers with people in the knowledge that a few of them are doing so through gritted teeth and with a metaphorical dagger behind their backs....

Paranoid? Who knows... maybe a bit... I'll have to allow the fullness of time to grant me hindsight on that one, but "just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you"... and the significant, if circumstantial, "evidence" points to it being more than mere paranoia on my part. Unfortunately.

Obviously at the end of the day I've at least partially brought this upon myself... On line as in real life I'm an opinionated and sometimes "abrasive" person who'll call a spade a spade even at erm... "a fork fanatics convention" (think kind of Jeremy Clarkson, Jeremy Paxman and especially "Dr Gregory House" for a bit more insight!?) and online there is not the benefit of body language etc to help prevent misunderstandings. I hope at least some appreciate my honesty, candour and knowledge.. especially in certain contentious areas of hi fi.. and even politics! No doubt there are others who think "what a twat". One can't please all the people all the time nor make an omelette without breaking some eggs (is the AOS metaphorometer showing critical yet!?). If it's to do with the unfortunate late delivery of a few 640P's, around 4 years ago now, in which all were delivered eventually, sounded great and have been very reliable, well that is IMHO truly pathetic! A few only were involved, the product was and is great and I have offered my profuse apologies publicly... It hardly makes me an axe murderer! Get a life folks.... Many similar failures to delver on time by other small businesses and one man bands, and sometimes by years, have been brought to my attention over the past few years and I don't see any off these people being treated as I have been.

I've come back to this reply several times over a few hours whilst doing other things and I seem to have become more "specific" about things so I may as well hit the nail on the head here, better be hung for a sheep....

The best example I can give involves the Arkless 640P. I don't particularly push this product any more but it remains available in basic form.
It was/is regarded generally as the best budget phono stage available, with no rivals even at twice the price. It had rave review after rave review on the forums and became a "no brainer" standard recommendation for anyone interested in a VFM phono stage. It is listed in an AOS "sticky" of best VFM products as best VFM phono stage. Anyone thinking this an exaggeration is welcome to do their own research.

Have a think dear readers as to when you last saw a recommendation for the Arkless 640P? When you last saw it short-listed amongst others for recommendation even? You would need a long memory shall we say, And this in spite of the fact that it remains, probably, the best budget phono stage at any where near the price. Some of those who frequent NEBO are amongst those who once vociferously recommended the Arkless 640P again and again in any thread on budget phono stages. Every time these people now make a concious choice to recommend anything but the Arkless option, even in the knowledge that it's probably still the best budget phono stage on the market, they are taking the food from my table and threatening the roof above my head. Do they really think there would be any further delivery time issues after the "kicking" I got over my cock ups over ETA in the past?:(:rolleyes:
So no real mystery as to why I don't wish to indulge in chatter and beers with these people at NEBO then... Thanks for nothing guys...

Ok Jez, thanks for explaining that. As I've not been involved in any of this stuff I'm not sure if there's anything I could personally do to make you feel any different. If there is anything I can do, pls let me know.

Again, on the basis that we have no quarrels and others on this thread have said they'd like you to attend and bring some kit, I'll still send you an invite when I get it sorted. What you do with it is your choice.

ATB

R

Bigman80
22-12-2016, 21:53

Well I'm up to speed too and had no idea anything had gone on. Although I am pretty new to the forum with only one years service in.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Scooby
22-12-2016, 23:05
Jez: I still have my vinyl and will inevitably get another deck in 2017. I will then seek out a better phono stage. Can you tell me how much the 640p or 651p cost please? I remember you used to supply already modded examples but you also modded ones supplied to you. If this is still the case, could I have a price for both options please?

I'll likely buy another Denon 103. Is there any specific loading done for this and can I alter it later if I change to another cartridge?

Lastly, I believe the 640 and 651 are essentially the same. Is there any advantage to one or the other?

Gazjam
23-12-2016, 00:02
Jez,
your underestimating yourself Sir.

The 640P?
You made that step up and be happy with what you done Sir!
I''ve read the many Wigwam and Pinkfish posts about how "Giant Killing" you made the basic 640 adapted the basic design and made it better, so be happy with that!!!

337alant
23-12-2016, 02:52
Why dont we call it RBO Richys Bake Off
or TURBO The United Retrobates Bake Off LOL
or NEAT North East Audio Tossers :lolsign:

Alan

Ali Tait
23-12-2016, 11:40
They have one in the States called The Burning Amp Festival. Always made me chuckle.

struth
23-12-2016, 11:51
Show Us Yir Ya Ya's

RichB
23-12-2016, 11:57
They have one in the States called The Burning Amp Festival. Always made me chuckle.

Hahaha, best not go there Ali!

Ali Tait
23-12-2016, 12:47
LOL, aye maybe not.

Gordon Steadman
23-12-2016, 12:52
I was thinking RichBoff but then I though it wasn't such a good idea:D

CageyH
23-12-2016, 12:57
NNEBO - New North East Bake Off

struth
23-12-2016, 12:57
Sevco;)

Arkless Electronics
23-12-2016, 14:44
Jez: I still have my vinyl and will inevitably get another deck in 2017. I will then seek out a better phono stage. Can you tell me how much the 640p or 651p cost please? I remember you used to supply already modded examples but you also modded ones supplied to you. If this is still the case, could I have a price for both options please?

I'll likely buy another Denon 103. Is there any specific loading done for this and can I alter it later if I change to another cartridge?

Lastly, I believe the 640 and 651 are essentially the same. Is there any advantage to one or the other?

Jez,
your underestimating yourself Sir.

The 640P?
You made that step up and be happy with what you done Sir!
I''ve read the many Wigwam and Pinkfish posts about how "Giant Killing" you made the basic 640 adapted the basic design and made it better, so be happy with that!!!

Recently, you posted here that the Arkless Turbo was no longer available?
Is your modified 640p this product?

Thanks guys... and I'll try and answer your questions etc.

The Turbo was the next step up from the basic Arkless 640P which itself is a Cambridge Audio 640P/651P (yes they are identical electrically) with the innards replaced by my own circuitry whilst still using the original PCB, PSU, casework, sockets etc. The basic Arkless 640P model is both so good but simultaneously limited by it's use of op amps and feedback etc, that although the Turbo was indeed better, and all who bought them were happy, I never considered them a particularly worthwhile upgrade myself so I've dropped it. If anyone really wants a Turbo I will make them one but I don't consider it extant any more.

The basic model is now £225 and you need to provide a 640p or 651p for conversion. I don't, and never did, provide ready modded units. No other models from Cambridge Audio are suitable for modification.

It is a MM and MC design with infinitely variable loading by using loading plugs.

A demonstrator unit is available but I won't be sending it out unless several people want to hear it... It's too budget a product for me to take the postage hit to demo it to just one person... Interestingly, maybe 20% or more bought them without hearing them on reputation alone... none were disappointed!

What does it sound like? In terms of transparency, grip, neutrality, accuracy, detail and PRaT it up there with anything at any price. Many Naim fans loved it and thought it a good step up from Naim phono stages.... It loses out to much more expensive models of different topologies etc in terms of things like range of tonal palette and texture, timbrel rendition, depth and breadth of soundstage etc but is a match for any other cheap stage in all these areas.

At the time when these were popular it was generally considered that the cheapest commercial phono stage to match it was the Dynavector P75 at £600+ ish

CageyH
23-12-2016, 15:04
NINANEBO

No invite no admittance North East Bake Off

BONE - Bake Off North East

NEHGBO - North East HiFi Geek Bake Off. :ner:

Macca
23-12-2016, 15:11

That's a good one

Floyddroid
23-12-2016, 15:15
NINANEBO

No invite no admittance North East Bake Off

NEHGBO - North East HiFi Geek Bake Off. :ner:

Bone, I like it.

mik_rik
23-12-2016, 15:25
How about tstNE [taken from and tribute to ELP] - Welcome back my friends to THE SHOW THAT NEVER ENDS.

Floyddroid
24-12-2016, 13:44
I like this the best for obvious reasons.
How about tstNE [taken from and tribute to ELP] - Welcome back my friends to THE SHOW THAT NEVER ENDS.

337alant
24-12-2016, 18:21
What about ACNE Audio Convention North East

Alan

sq225917
24-12-2016, 22:32
On face value, that wins my vote.

mikeyb
24-12-2016, 23:42
ARSE - A Righteous Sonic Event

[emoji1]

RichB
25-12-2016, 00:34
Some fabulous suggestions but for me it's still a NEBO...

mikeyb
25-12-2016, 07:05
Some fabulous suggestions but for me it's still a NEBO...
Agreed [emoji4]

petrat
25-12-2016, 08:34
ARSE - A Righteous Sonic Event

[emoji1]

:rofl: :clap:

Floyddroid
25-12-2016, 23:17
What about ACNE Audio Convention North East

Alan

Excellent.

struth
26-12-2016, 00:00
BRINE big rumble in north east

mad-moon
26-12-2016, 23:03
BONER.... bake off North East region....

Gazjam
26-12-2016, 23:24
NNEBI
Name Not Extremely Bloody Important :D
or...NEBO?
Good brand recognition n such..and the best of the bunch so far, it just kinda "works"? (Sorry Steve!)

*Edit*
Morning thought...
Changing the name might only highlight that something had stirred the pot and caused a problem...not sure thats a good thing going forward?

Floyddroid
27-12-2016, 17:38

F......G brill!

Gazjam
27-12-2016, 17:55
I like BONER, best of the rest. :)

337alant
28-12-2016, 16:57

LOL nice one Alan

What about TUNE Tunes Unlimited North East

Alan

Ali Tait
28-12-2016, 17:41
TWAT - Tweeters, Woofers And Turntables

RichB
28-12-2016, 18:16
SHIT - Sorry Hifi Idiots Together

337alant
29-12-2016, 11:53
Ive got it this time
NEBO North East Bake Off :D

Alan

Qwin
29-12-2016, 13:48

You read my mind.

RichB
29-12-2016, 13:53
Ive got it this time
NEBO North East Bake Off :D

Alan

Perfect I think!

mad-moon
30-12-2016, 09:20
Now now boys..we all know its....NEBO....and it's "thee" NAME of the bake off.....the rest is just jest....Jolly electronic stereo tat......

Jac Hawk
08-01-2017, 17:44
I'm up for it Rich, any excuse to get to the north east i'm happy with matey:cool:

RichB
09-01-2017, 22:54
I'm up for it Rich, any excuse to get to the north east i'm happy with matey:cool:

Be great to see you again mate. Maybe chuck your Akai turntable in the car if you're coming along. It was a vintage Akai you had wasn't it?

RichB
09-01-2017, 22:55
I'm on the case guys.

Watch this space for a further announcement.

Floyddroid
10-01-2017, 06:36
:goodluck:Great to see that you are Rich. I am very proud of NEBO and always will be. As you know, the stuffing was knocked out of me elsewhere in forum land and was quite prepared to let the last NEBO be just that! the very last one. I am glad that you picked up the baton and decided to run with it. Who would have thought from humble beginnings in my mates bistro that NEBO would have mushroomed the way it has and attracted people from all over the country. Fantastic too that it has inspired people who may well have had the notion of arranging such events to actually get things sorted and give enthusiasts another kind of get together outside of what has become very corporate type events and exhibitions. Good luck with NEBO 8 Rich, i know it will be a great day as always. I couldn't think of a better guy to hand over the reigns to. All the best dude.

The Progmeister
I'm on the case guys.

Mickyricky
10-01-2017, 08:48
Well said Steve! and a big Thank you for starting NEBO

Qwin
10-01-2017, 10:34
I'm on the case guys.

Rich - presuming no venue as yet?

I was quite happy with the facilities at the last venue (The Chimneys) if its available.
Don't know what others think, but it seemed to go down well last time.
If the location is not being discussed or going public, which is a consideration, I understand.

Mid May is into wedding season, so venues of the right size, and available on a weekend, get thin on the ground.

RichB
10-01-2017, 10:51
Rich - presuming no venue as yet?

I was quite happy with the facilities at the last venue (The Chimneys) if its available.
Don't know what others think, but it seemed to go down well last time.
If the location is not being discussed or going public, which is a consideration, I understand.

Mid May is into wedding season, so venues of the right size, and available on a weekend, get thin on the ground.

That's my first choice of venue Ken, it worked well last time. The date and the location will be public knowledge. It will however be a private function by invitation from me to those who have expressed an interest.

Qwin
10-01-2017, 11:24
:thumbsup:

Jac Hawk
10-01-2017, 19:24
Be great to see you again mate. Maybe chuck your Akai turntable in the car if you're coming along. It was a vintage Akai you had wasn't it?

It's an Aiwa but i'll let you off coz we're mates :doh:

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb371/jachawk9000/fullsizeoutput_12b.jpeg (http://s1202.photobucket.com/user/jachawk9000/media/fullsizeoutput_12b.jpeg.html)

RichB
10-01-2017, 19:31
It's an Aiwa but i'll let you off coz we're mates :doh:

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb371/jachawk9000/fullsizeoutput_12b.jpeg (http://s1202.photobucket.com/user/jachawk9000/media/fullsizeoutput_12b.jpeg.html)

All the same jap crap IMHO ;):lol:

Be good to have you, and it, and anything else you might have up your sleeves along.