PDA

View Full Version : OPPO UDP-203 4K UHD Blu-ray Player Available to Pre-Order

Audiocom AV
01-12-2016, 11:24
Hi All

We are delighted to announce that the OPPO UDP-203 4K UHD Blu-ray player is now available to pre-order priced £599.00;

http://www.audiocomav.co.uk/4k-blu-ray-players/363-oppo-udp-203-4k-uhd.html

Details, specifications and images are to follow.

Delivery is due in 2 weeks approx, and we offer free delivery to UK.

Marco
01-12-2016, 11:35
Hi Mark,

Most interesting, but the one in your link is priced at £499.17... Is that a different one? :)

Marco.

Audiocom AV
01-12-2016, 13:31
Hi Marco

That's odd, the website is showing you the price without VAT and should only do this if you register in a country outside of the EU.

I can confirm the price is £599.00 inclusive of VAT.

We've got F8Creates looking at this as we speak :)

struth
01-12-2016, 13:39
£599 here with me. Marco, has had new bb in so maybe that causing the mismatch in countries?

The Black Adder
01-12-2016, 13:41
£499 here

struth
01-12-2016, 13:42
What bb are you using Josie?

The Black Adder
01-12-2016, 14:00
Firefox here.

The Black Adder
01-12-2016, 14:04
This Oppo is I think the most anticipated in years. I was thinking of getting one at one point but other things have come up since.

There is one thing I'd like to try, would this Oppo be able to stream music from a HDD, if so then I wonder what the quality is like?

Audiocom AV
01-12-2016, 14:12
Hi,

The UDP-203 will have streaming capabilities but we don't have the specifications yet.

With the 103D I frequently used a HDD connected to the USB input to play mkv files and the picture and sound was comparable to disc.

newton
01-12-2016, 16:14
from tr The UDP-203 can also be used as a media streamer via built-in dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4 and 5.0GHz) or Ethernet. It will play AVI, MKV, MOV, M2TS/TS, MP3, WMA, AAC, AIFF, ALAC, APE, DSD, FLAC and WAV from DLNA/SMB servers on a network. It also plays media from HDDs up to 16TB plugged into a USB port.

The only snag is that the UDP-203 doesn’t offer any video streaming from services such as Amazon or Netflix. This isn't a huge issue given that most new TVs have these services built in – but even so, it’s one area in which Oppo’s rivals have the upper hand

Read more at http://www.trustedreviews.com/oppo-udp-203-review#FGPg3SHmTdAM8ID6.99

Gazjam
01-12-2016, 17:36
This Oppo is I think the most anticipated in years. I was thinking of getting one at one point but other things have come up since.

There is one thing I'd like to try, would this Oppo be able to stream music from a HDD, if so then I wonder what the quality is like?

Have a 103D here used mainly for streaming video and the occasional Bluray.
Wanted a "video squeezebox" and this is it.

Streaming Flac and hires music files from the Oppo into a Dac can be superb sounding...can spit out DSD to a suitable Dac too.
"Different" but not better or worse than my Transporter into the same Dac to be honest...prefer the sound from the Transporter though and I get to use Roon with it, so that's my daily driver for music.

BTW I watch Netflix from my Oppo...my Telly has it too as well as being able to cast from my phone 'n tablet.
Compared them of a wet Sunday afternoon and the Opoo's implementation is MUCH better. Seriously...much.
Again...its that thing of doing the same thing "on paper" but quality will always out?

Oppo's are a helluva piece of kit, seriously...they cure that nagging feeling that maybe you COULD do better?
With Oppo kit....no you can't.
Like buying a Leica camera... not the cheapest, but, you know...

Marco
01-12-2016, 19:26
Hi Marco

That's odd, the website is showing you the price without VAT and should only do this if you register in a country outside of the EU.

I can confirm the price is £599.00 inclusive of VAT.

We've got F8Creates looking at this as we speak :)

No worries, Hamish will sort it out - and he has. It's showing as £599 now, using Google Chrome as a browser :)

Nice bit of kit. I may consider one in the new year, as an upgrade to the Sony player I'm currently using, shown here: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/blu-ray-disc-players/bdp-s6700

It only upscales to 4K (but offers superb performance for the money), so I'd imagine that the Oppo would trump it? :cool:

Marco.

Audiocom AV
02-12-2016, 12:05
Hi Marco

The new OPPO UDP-203 will for sure trump your Sony BD player!

In my experience it’s HDR that makes the bigger difference with the new UHD formats, but then not all 4K UHD discs are created equal.

For example, if you compare the “Oblivion” 1080p to 4K UHD disc, you might wonder what the fuss is about. But do the same with “The Revenant” and you’ll be picking your jaw up of the floor.

Audiocom AV
07-12-2016, 09:31
Hi All

OPPO have emailed to say the price of the UDP-203 is likely to change due to currency fluctuations and US pricing being confirmed.

Will update as soon as we know more.

Audiocom AV
14-12-2016, 09:21
Hi All

OPPO have revised the pricing of the UDP-203 to £649.00 or EURO 849.00.

Information and photos are now available at the Audiocom AV website.

We are all pleased to offer the UDP-203 with MultiZone DVD + MultiRegion Blu-ray price £729.00;

http://www.audiocomav.co.uk/4k-blu-ray-players/367-oppo-udp-203-multizone-multiregion.html