PDA

View Full Version : A policy of containment.

Steve Toy
26-04-2008, 12:46
We've received a number of complaints from some of our members including trade regarding the contributions of jcbrum/Ashley James. Their presence is clearly putting off members from making genuinely useful contributions or giving valuable and pertinent advice to other members.

As a result the above will only be permitted to post in their designated thread 'Ashley's Waffling Wonderland'. Occasionally they may post where appropriate in other threads as they do have their own wealth of experience that we could all possibly learn from. They won't, however, be permitted to further their usual agendas. We have had some complaints about Richard, too, however his case is somewhat different.

ADM9s have been done to death and virtually all of us here are rather sick of them.

As for Richard's rants, I will say to those who have been offended by them, Richard makes some valid points but in general he's just playing Devil's Advocate to stir up a bit of controversy. His views certainly don't (necessarily) reflect those of the Art of Sound and his rants have already been contained to one thread for some time.

AoS is a bit like subscription TV except it's free. Just as you have the option of which channels not to watch, you have the choice not to read the Ashley/JC and Richard designated threads.

If they are found to be crapping on other threads their posts will be deleted without warning. If they persist we'll be sorry to see them go...

Filterlab
26-04-2008, 13:00
Good call Steve.

Mike
26-04-2008, 13:21
I've locked the thread to stop them moaning about it here. They have their own areas for that sort of thing.

Cheers,
Mike.

Marco
26-04-2008, 16:19
Mike,

Only mods and admin can post in this section :)

Ashley and JC have now been banned. Enough is enough.

Marco.

Mike
27-04-2008, 20:19
Err.... oh yeah, I knew that. I think.

Cheers,
Mike.

P.S. Can admins also alter posts in here 'unnoticed' thereby resulting in mods who are trying to be helpful receiving rather curt PM's too? :steam:

Marco
27-04-2008, 20:32
We can do pretty much anything, har har...

Not sure what you mean by the rest. PM me and explain :)