PDA

View Full Version : vertex jeya

hifinutt
09-12-2009, 19:23
http://www.vertexaq.com/index.php?option=com_products&page=product_details&catid=6&prodid=10&Itemid=31

does anyone use vertex stuff? i know its been gaining popularity in uk.
this is a passive filter you plug into the socket next to your hifi.
i already have a mains condiotioner [sigmas] but want to see if it makes any difference? any ideas ?

electric beach
10-12-2009, 11:27
Yes, I do.

I bought a standard Jaya to evaluate their efficacy and the increased musical access was instantly rewarding and justified it's permanent place in my system. Valerie was so impressed that she then bought me (us! :rolleyes:) a Taga distribution block as a birthday present, but still use the Jaya in combination.

Although extremely expensive, the Vertex kit actually does what it says on the tin. Also, I employ the Vertex principles in a DIY way where I can, which has been very successful and further proven their design philosophy

You can get used items here, including the standard and silver Jaya at the moment.
http://www.audioemotion.co.uk/index.php

I've heard the Jaya to be effective in a lesser set-up than mine and it also works well for DVD player/TV picture quality.

Our endorsement would be unreserved.

hifinutt
03-01-2010, 21:09
thanks steve
well i have had the jeya in and out of the system a lot recently and i must say i can`t really hear any difference . my friend who has very critical hearing felt it slightly reduced the musicality of it all . we did quite a few a b a tests , playing the same track all the time

now whether it is because i use a shakti stone [for emf] have all braided/shielded cables , a dedicated mains and use a sigmas , i don`t know but its probably going back
soon

electric beach
04-01-2010, 15:17
I also didn't hear any improvement when plugged into the 2nd spare socket of a dual wall socket, the other obviously feeding the system. I find it needs to be used in-line and prior to the components.

I use mine in two ways: mainly plugged into the 2nd socket on the Taga distribution block, seperating the CD transport from the remainder of the Hi Fi components.This gives the best performance for sound.

I use a 6-way RA Yello distribution block from the wall. The first socket feeds the Taga and hence the HI Fi. The 2nd takes the Jaya, affecting and seperating sockets 3-6 for the TV, DVD, etc. This gives the best picture quality and sound for movies.

I tried the Jaya on my sceptical dad's TV last night. Placed away from the TV plug (adjacent wall socket) there was no improvement. Placed immediately prior to the TV plug on the multi socket extension lead it was a night and day comparison. The most/first noticible effect is in colour saturation but after 5-15 minutes it was like a different TV.

I think this is an important point in your assessment - the effect takes some time to develop, but a relatively short time to disappear. Try leaving the Jaya in place in your system until you've forgotten about it, then remove it and see if you can live without it. :eyebrows:

hifinutt
05-01-2010, 21:08
thanks steve
i will try that and see what happens altho i may have a problem as my sigmas is schuko and of course the jeya is 3pin plug as as its on approval i can`t change
some good tips tho