PDA

View Full Version : audioromy fu29 any good?

smithie
07-11-2016, 16:39
hi guys
been through the search on this forum,and seems afew of you have/had the audioromy fu29 amplifier.
ive found myself eyeing them up more recently and fancy getting back into the valve thing again,and this seems a pretty cheap way of dealing with that itch:)
so does anyone want to share there views,experience,down falls or uplifting moments with said amp:)
also has anyone got the proper circuit diagram for the later gold ones that i might end up getting....seen afew scattered on the net,but some are so poor quality,others are not known if there really for the audioromy fu29 amp.
any and all information,views ,experiences much appricated as always
regards
smithie

struth
07-11-2016, 17:19
I had one. They are 220 so you need a stepdown or it will fry eventually. They are quite nice sounding by way, although the op valves are hard to get. I had some brithish ons at one time but sold amp before i got to try them. Not bad if you get a good one but hard to move on

walpurgis
07-11-2016, 17:38
I had one. They are 220 so you need a stepdown or it will fry eventually. They are quite nice sounding by way, although the op valves are hard to get. I had some brithish ons at one time but sold amp before i got to try them. Not bad if you get a good one but hard to move on

Sounds like a job for the variac I'm offering (shameless plug! :)).

struth
07-11-2016, 17:44
Sounds like a job for the variac I'm offering (shameless plug! :)).

Indeed.. thats what i have.

Zoidburg
09-11-2016, 09:51
I had one for a year, it was my introduction to valves and I loved it at the time. I didn't pay a lot for it and didn't loose much when it was sold.

Looking back mine sounded pretty good and I actually preferred it to a roksan amp I also had at the time.

smithie
09-11-2016, 21:00
thanks for the views and thoughts.
i think it will certainly be on my list to try out...trouble is that "must try out" list seems to get longer by the day:lol::lol::lol: