PDA

View Full Version : Revox A77 recording ?

Audio Al
07-11-2016, 13:35
Hi People

I can't work out how to record on this machine :scratch:

Tried several options , with no VU meter movement

I am trying to record some of my half speed master LP's onto tape

TT into Albarry AP11 , What output should I use ? is it the tape out or tape , then what input into the A77 ?

Its probably me being thick :rolleyes:

struth
07-11-2016, 13:50
Tape in on amp is for playback, so ther one is for record

Dunno how revox is marked but think they are usually in and out, so out will be tape out to amp in for replay. The other 2 for recording from amp to revox. You have a probably got a tape/line switch on revox too, and obviously a tape loop position on amp

Lodgesound
08-11-2016, 03:15
Hi Al;

Use tape output and feed it into the a77 input sockets - check a77 input selection is set to accept input from rear terminals (selected via outer silver ring on input level controls).

Check send from preamp by arming for record - the red lights behind vu's should illuminate and you should see the meters moving.

Tape out sockets on preamp should follow input selection unless there is a separate record out selector (which i doubt).

337alant
08-11-2016, 18:07
Hi Al
Connect source to input at rear of A77
On the selector switches select Aux on both channels
Depress the red record switches for both channels and the red lights should come on in the VU meters
Bring the tape in contact with the heads using the edit lever near the pinch roller, if you are playing music into the recorder the meters should move so you can set your record levels with the pots in the selector switches
Press record and Play simultaneously to start recording
conect a lead from the outputs of the recorder to your pre amp to monitor the recording or playback

Alan

337alant
10-11-2016, 10:06
Al
To get the best recording plug the source in directly to the R2R i.e. from phono stage output, from CD output, From DAC output
A pre amp degrades the source IMO

Alan

Audio Al
10-11-2016, 11:11
OK
Thanks
Will try again over the weekend

Lodgesound
12-11-2016, 18:11
Hi Al........

Any result with this yet??

Audio Al