PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Range Compression (DRC)

Pieoftheday
22-10-2016, 16:09
On? Or off?

Rothchild
22-10-2016, 16:15
What sort of compressor is it?

Obviously do what sounds best, but I'd tend to off (Compression is for recording, mixing and mastering - all necessary compression should have been applied to the final product IMO)

Pieoftheday
22-10-2016, 16:39
What sort of compressor is it?

Obviously do what sounds best, but I'd tend to off (Compression is for recording, mixing and mastering - all necessary compression should have been applied to the final product IMO)

It's seems ON is the default position of my server, I've turned it off today, didn't even realise what it was.its better off for me,a more relaxed sound i think,not a bloody hell moment,just nicer :)

struth
22-10-2016, 17:51
Its ok, if yo want very loud music all the time, but I like a decent amount of movement in amplitude.Could be why many folk just are turned off to much of what is released these days. Trouble is, once done its stuck that way for the buyer.

Pieoftheday
23-10-2016, 08:54
Having it on and not realising it was on may have been why, music/TV became a bit wearing sometimes?

Pieoftheday
23-10-2016, 15:16
Playing Epicure by EAT, this is definitely better now DRC is off. Incidentally I've changed the digital out settings to Pass through for TV.this is better too.you live n learn:)