PDA

View Full Version : Westworld

Gazjam
15-10-2016, 12:10
Caught first two episodes, looks pretty great.
JJ Abrams and Jonathan Nolan producing.
Anthony Hopkins and Ed Harris are in it.

Big fan of Michael Crighton books and his "technology gone wild" themes, so interested in this.

Pretty intriguing so far...Anyone else watching?

This is cool.

http://www.delosincorporated.com/video/intra/ww_mesamap_comp_v09_he_1920.mp4

(http://www.delosincorporated.com/video/intra/ww_mesamap_comp_v09_he_1920.mp4)

fatmarley
15-10-2016, 18:33
I'm sure It will take I while for the characters to develop, but looking good so far...

Spectral Morn
15-10-2016, 18:37
I was sceptical but liking what I have seen so far.

Ali Tait
15-10-2016, 19:24
Yeah has promise I think.

Marco
15-10-2016, 21:09
What channel is it on and at what time? Not all of us are mind-readers ;)

Marco.

Gazjam
16-10-2016, 07:11
its Sky Atlantic Marco.
https://www.sky.com/watch/channel/sky-atlantic/westworld

Macca
16-10-2016, 07:56
The one channel I don't have. Does look good.

Marco
16-10-2016, 08:57
its Sky Atlantic Marco.
https://www.sky.com/watch/channel/sky-atlantic/westworld

Cheers, matey. That's one of my fav channels, as they get all the HBO stuff, home of The Sopranos, etc. Noted :thumbsup:

As an aside, I can't wait for Series 7 of The Walking Dead to start on FOX! It's on a week on Monday. Do you watch it? :)

Marco.

Marco
16-10-2016, 08:58
The one channel I don't have. Does look good.

Get yer wallet out and invest ;)

Marco.

Gazjam
16-10-2016, 09:30
Cheers, matey. That's one of my fav channels, as they get all the HBO stuff, home of The Sopranos, etc. Noted :thumbsup:

As an aside, I can't wait for Series 7 of The Walking Dead to start on FOX! It's on a week on Monday. Do you watch it? :)

Marco.

Love the Walking Dead Marco, looking fwd to season 7. :)

struth
16-10-2016, 09:38
Ive not watched that yet, although its free on amazon... ive bookmarked it though

Marco
16-10-2016, 09:46
Love the Walking Dead Marco, looking fwd to season 7. :)

Yeah, especially after how Season 6 ended...!! :eek:

I wonder who'll get done with the bat?

Marco.

Marco
16-10-2016, 09:47
Ive not watched that yet, although its free on amazon... ive bookmarked it though

Westworld or The Walking Dead? I can't comment (yet) on the former, but the latter is quite simply one of the best series ever to be produced for TV!

Marco.

struth
16-10-2016, 09:52
Sorry, walking dead.. i see there is several series lol. Handy if i like it

Marco
16-10-2016, 10:14
Oh you'd love it - trust me! Watch it from Series 1 onwards, and you'll be glued to the TV! :trust:

Marco.

struth
16-10-2016, 10:17
Im not really into gorefests and killing for sake of, and maybe it gives that impression. It could of course be completely different. I will try it soon, as im getting shoert of new series til dec.

Marco
16-10-2016, 11:25
It's not like that at all. The 'gore fests' are only sporadic; it's the superb story lines and acting by all the different characters (and their individual 'life stories' being told within that), which makes it special.

Put it this way, as a top-quality TV series, where everything just 'clicks' beautifully and seamlessly, it's up there with The Sopranos!

Marco.

fatmarley
16-10-2016, 11:52
Even my girlfriend loves the walking dead and she hardly ever watches tv. We just finished watching Banshee and thought it was good, but not a patch on the walking dead.

Spectral Morn
16-10-2016, 12:38
It's not like that at all. The 'gore fests' are only sporadic; it's the superb story lines and acting by all the different characters (and their individual 'life stories' being told within that), which makes it special.

Put it this way, as a top-quality TV series, where everything just 'clicks' beautifully and seamlessly, it's up there with The Sopranos!

Marco.

Sporadically horrific, worst so far was the scene were several of our heroes were due to be harvested in Terminus :eek:

Looking forward to the next season, yes that was certainly a cliff hanger, what will Negan do next..... who will die.

Westworld has been fairly gory so far too. Another great show is The Strain on Watch, vampire plague story on season three at the minute.

Marco
24-10-2016, 21:18
I know it's off-topic, but since it was being discussed here before.....

WOW - fuck me, that was intense [and rather graphic]...!! :eek: :eek:

Who else watched it? It's probably one of the most powerful pieces of television I've seen for a long time!

Marco.

fatmarley
25-10-2016, 16:19
I know it's off-topic, but since it was being discussed here before.....

WOW - fuck me, that was intense [and rather graphic]...!! :eek: :eek:

Who else watched it? It's probably one of the most powerful pieces of television I've seen for a long time!

Marco.

I actually found It quite difficult to watch. Without giving anything away, If I was put in that position, everyone would be dead.

Marco
25-10-2016, 16:44
It was indeed difficult to watch... Gratuitously violent, no doubt, but compelling with it :)

Marco.

Spectral Morn
25-10-2016, 18:53
Watched, and I hope Negan's eventual death is horrific. It was awful, but it could have been worse.

Marco
25-10-2016, 19:01
Watched, and I hope Negan's eventual death is horrific.

I hope that Rick truly gets evil on his ass! I know what I'd do with him, and it involves Maggie, a red-hot poker and a nail gun..... ;)

Marco.

Spectral Morn
25-10-2016, 20:14
I hope that Rick truly gets evil on his ass! I know what I'd do with him, and it involves Maggie and a red-hot poker..... ;)

Marco.

I am sure he will, but maybe not, that series writers are devious.

fatmarley
12-11-2016, 12:37
Westworld's starting to get a bit more interesting.

How come Anthony Hopkins can freeze the hosts with just a gesture of his hands? Do you think he Is a robot?

Spectral Morn
12-11-2016, 12:50
Westworld's starting to get a bit more interesting.

How come Anthony Hopkins can freeze the hosts with just a gesture of his hands? Do you think he Is a robot?

No, I think he is the individual around whom all of West World revolves and has installed program controls that go further/deeper than anything anyone else can do. Its certainly plot within plot within plot, and I like that. I am also enjoying the robots gaining awareness of themselves, particularly Maeve Millay. I liked Thandie Newton in Chronicles of Riddick and as Maeve she is very interesting as a character.

fatmarley
12-11-2016, 13:01
has installed program controls that go further/deeper than anything anyone else can do.

Apart from one person, or maybe a clone of that person?

I like all the plots and sub plots too. I hate anything that's too predictable.

Ali Tait
12-11-2016, 13:44
Yep, and seeing Thandie naked isn't the worst thing in the world either. :-)

fatmarley
12-11-2016, 16:18
Yep, and seeing Thandie naked isn't the worst thing in the world either. :-)

Mmmmm :stalks:

Spectral Morn
16-11-2016, 23:04
Well I didn't see that coming :eek:

Gazjam
16-11-2016, 23:54
Nope! :eek:

Curious-er and curious-er..

sq225917
16-11-2016, 23:57
I totally saw that coming, since episode 3 I knew either he or her was, just not sure which of them.

Spectral Morn
17-11-2016, 08:15
I totally saw that coming, since episode 3 I knew either he or her was, just not sure which of them.

Certainly everyone is now open to suspicion as to their flesh and blood status. Series is improving with each episode.

fatmarley
06-12-2016, 18:39
Is Dr Robert (Anthony hopkins) really dead? Or was It just a clone?