PDA

View Full Version : Indulgence Show

Marco
14-10-2016, 09:55
Did anyone know that this was happening in London today and over the weekend: https://www.indulgenceshow.com/

It's a new one on me, but then I don't really keep up with these things anymore. Anyway, just thought I'd offer folks a 'heads up'.

Is anyone here going? :)

Marco.

walpurgis
14-10-2016, 10:01
I knew it was on. I saw it mentioned somewhere that I can't remember. Not really my sort of show I think, even though it is only up the road.

There have been 'proper' Hi-Fi shows at the Novatel in the past. I recall going, maybe twenty years ago.

Marco
14-10-2016, 10:16
Yup, didn't think it'd be your thing, Geoff (or mine), but some other folks might be interested, if they didn't already know it was on :)

I wonder if they'll be anyone there selling vinyl? If I were local, I'd pop along for that reason. For me, that's about the only attraction hi-fi shows have these days!

Marco.

rmcin626
14-10-2016, 11:12
If it was in Glasgow I would probably go along

Marco
14-10-2016, 11:25
Trouble is mate, nothing ever is in Glasgow.... As far as hi-fi shows are concerned, Scotland is considered as irrelevant by organisers! :rolleyes:

Marco.

rmcin626
14-10-2016, 11:45
I know and only 2 shops selling Hifi

Beobloke
14-10-2016, 11:47
Mrs. B and I went to the last Scottish show that Chester Group ran in a hotel near Edinburgh. There was a good range of exhibitors, I heard some lovely sounds and the venue was superb. The only slight hiccup was that there were barely any punters which, I suspect might be why it was not repeated!

struth
14-10-2016, 11:48
Lucky Glasgow. Ive got /currys and Argos lol and thats about it til you hit edinburgh or glasgow. Dont even have a record shop. Plenty of bookies though...there endeth the lesson;)

struth
14-10-2016, 11:50
Mrs. B and I went to the last Scottish show that Chester Group ran in a hotel near Edinburgh. There was a good range of exhibitors, I heard some lovely sounds and the venue was superb. The only slight hiccup was that there were barely any punters which, I suspect might be why it was not repeated!

Probably wasnt well advertised outwith edinburgh. I never heard about it or probably would have tried to go.

Marco
14-10-2016, 11:51

The mistake the organisers made was in choosing Edinburgh as the venue! ;)

You'd have to have lived up there to 'get' that one..... Anyway, what were you doing 'oop norf': buying another kilt for the weekend? :D

Marco.

Marco
14-10-2016, 11:55
Lucky Glasgow. Ive got /currys and Argos lol and thats about it til you hit edinburgh or glasgow. Dont even have a record shop. Plenty of bookies though...there endeth the lesson;)

Yes you can tell how 'interesting' a place is by the number of bookies, pound shops and charity shops there are, oh and if there's a Farmfoods in the town centre, you've *really* hit the jackpot! :D

Marco.

rmcin626
14-10-2016, 12:09
Sounds like Greenock

Yes you can tell how 'interesting' a place is by the number of bookies, pound shops and charity shops there are, oh and if there's a Farmfoods in the town centre, you've *really* hit the jackpot! :D

Marco.

struth
14-10-2016, 12:15

Marco.

Yup.. my area now alas....altough fortunately im out a fair bit from that and rarely in the town....you missed pubs and carryouts

Marco
14-10-2016, 12:20
Sounds like Greenock

:lolsign:

Marco.

Marco
14-10-2016, 12:26
Yup.. my area now alas....altough fortunately im out a fair bit from that and rarely in the town....you missed pubs and carryouts

*Good* pubs and carry-outs are allowed... ;)

More seriously, Wrexham town centre's the same, mate - and full of fooking chavs! It depresses me the kind of trailer-trash you see knocking about :rolleyes:

However, like you with Bathgate, I'm rarely in there. The places I usually go are out with of the town, and if we're going out for a meal or whatever it's usually in Chester or Shrewsbury, which are both lovely :)

We're doing some Christmas shopping tomorrow in Shrewsbury (booze buying in Tanners, etc), and then hitting one of our favourite haunts for lunch: http://www.goldencrosshotel.co.uk/content/food.html

Also getting some accessories for our new kitchen, from here: http://www.periodhouseshops.com/ Fancy this shade and light fitting for above the breakfast table: http://www.periodhouseshops.com/details.php?2&Cid=&id=557 and these handles for the drawers and cupboard doors: http://www.periodhouseshops.com/details.php?Plv=&P1=&Clv=2&C1=4&C2=17&id=319

Marco.

struth
14-10-2016, 12:33
There is a few decent spots, like the Fairway, and a fancy cafe, but most of the carryouts and pubs aint my cuppa draft. Full of arseholes tbh. Got more charity shops than shops i think lol. None of them worth looking at. Cheaper buying new lol

Spectral Morn
14-10-2016, 12:37
I know and only 2 shops selling Hifi

There's more than two. Glasgow Audio, Loud and Clear, The Music Room, Stereo Stereo, Richer Sounds, HiFi Corner.

rmcin626
14-10-2016, 13:03
Neil, Hifi Corner are only in Edinburgh and Falkirk these days and I think the Music Room and Stereo Stereo are more web based, and well Richer Sounds are Richer Sounds ok if you are just going in to pick something up, the Glasgow shop is tiny.

There's more than two. Glasgow Audio, Loud and Clear, The Music Room, Stereo Stereo, Richer Sounds, HiFi Corner.

struth
14-10-2016, 13:11
Neil, Hifi Corner are only in Edinburgh and Falkirk these days and I think the Music Room and Stereo Stereo are more web based, and well Richer Sounds are Richer Sounds ok if you are just going in to pick something up, the Glasgow shop is tiny.

Richer have a small one Up the bridges too. Hifi corner ive been in both Falkirk and Edinburgh ... dunno if the Falkirk one is still there.

Clive197
15-10-2016, 09:10
This thread seems to be wandering off-piste. I went to the show yesterday, it was a pleasant change to have a show back in London. There was a large showing of vinyl, mainly from Devine Audio. Their prices seem to have climbed over recent times with them asking £30 for a copy of Communique by Dire Straits, as you may have guessed, I didn't take them up on it even though I would have bought the album if it had been a more reasonable £15-20 price point.

The show as a whole was middling with attendances lower than in the past, but it was a Friday with most people at work. There was an excellent showing of headphones which proves that Sennheiser are not the only manufacture in the world. Cyrus were present showing off their new Cyrus One amp, for a great price of £699. It's a 100 watt entry level product with a few unusual features, USB DAC, MM phono stage and headphone output to name a few. The design is funky with a lot of little white LEDS's on the front panel. Sounded good as well.
Other manufactures including B&W, PMC, Devialet, Chord, Musical Fidelity, Monitor Audio & Kef. A few vinyl supporters also rocked up, including Origin Live and Nagaoka. This is by no means a full list which I'm sure can be found on-line.

daytona600
16-10-2016, 08:02
Origin Live , MBS , TAD & Vertere all had £100k+ systems on display

Marco
26-10-2016, 13:40
A short write-up from Nick, at Hi-Fi Collective, for those who may be interested: http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=474578ab13644d237596870b8&id=9879019ef7&e=4e735c9d7c

:cool:

Marco.