PDA

View Full Version : Salford Hall Show 2017

Audio Al
05-10-2016, 12:21
Thought it was time for a thread about this

Looks like a lot more effort is going it the organising and set up this year

I have had a room and exhibited 3 times now , did not last year as I decided on a rest

It is a big commitment for exhibiters what with travel expenses , room cost , BEER money :) Food etc
and the risk of damage when transporting kit too and from your allocated room , I feel sorry for anyone in the upper levels ( No lifts ) having to carry everything up the stairs :eek:

Will have a think about applying for a room , Are they doing a application spread sheet again ? then see if you are allocated a room :) , It has been newbies get some priority over regular exhibiters , I think this is fair this way everyone get a chance , If you have not done the show you SHOULD its a great day allowing you to speak with room visitors , I really enjoyed my 3 times doing the show :)

Now What kit could I put together this time :eyebrows:

YNWaN
05-10-2016, 12:30
I'll be attending - but I won't be exhibiting.

Stratmangler
05-10-2016, 13:57
Where's Salford Hall?

Audio Al
05-10-2016, 15:56
Where's Salford Hall?

Melton Mowbray

Google is your friend :)

Stratmangler
05-10-2016, 17:11
Melton Mowbray

No it's not http://www.salfordhall.co.uk/

User211
05-10-2016, 17:26
Yes it is http://www.scalfordhall.co.uk/

Thread title and Audio Al up the spout.

Stratmangler
05-10-2016, 17:36
Yes it is http://www.scalfordhall.co.uk/

Thread title and Audio Al up the spout.

Spoilsport!
I was wondering how long it would take before someone could c their speling mistake ;)

There's no mistake in my spelling above - it's quite intentional

jandl100
05-10-2016, 17:37
Yup, Scalford Hall.

Only people who book an overnight room at the hotel are allowed to exhibit next year.

User211
05-10-2016, 17:40
Yup, Scalford Hall.

Only people who book an overnight room at the hotel are allowed to exhibit next year.

So what ya gonna do?

Macca
05-10-2016, 17:46
Faced with a couple of issues here. Firstly if I correct the spelling in the thread title then most of the posts so far will make no sense.

Second is that we don't really want to host a thread criticising the way another site is running their show. So by all means comment but not critically, at least not until said event has actually happened.

jandl100
05-10-2016, 17:50
Correct the title and OP and delete all posts after Mark's.

Macca
05-10-2016, 17:51
Is what they would do in Russia, maybe ;)

Stratmangler
05-10-2016, 18:02
Salford Hall looks like it might make for an interesting venue :)

Stratmangler
05-10-2016, 18:07
Correct the title and OP and delete all posts after Mark's.

I agree :)
You don't fancy sorting out the thread title with a music steamer in it in the digital bit of the forum while you're at it Martin?

Macca
05-10-2016, 18:17
Oh is that a mistake? Thought it was just a new thingamajig.

Agree that Salford Hall looks very good indeed. Just a shame they are not hosting an audio show.

Lawrence001
05-10-2016, 21:38
Why don't we have an AoS show at Salford Hall??

Barry
06-10-2016, 08:27
Why don't we have an AoS show at Salford Hall??

Because we're having one in Stoke on Trent.

Audio Al
06-10-2016, 09:10
Because we're having one in Stoke on Trent.

:lol: Pull the other one ;)

struth
06-10-2016, 09:18
And one up in Newkie Broon country too.;)

Barry
06-10-2016, 10:02
:lol: Pull the other one ;)

Don't you read the threads Al?

paulf-2007
06-10-2016, 19:44
Thought it was time for a thread about this

Looks like a lot more effort is going it the organising and set up this year

I have had a room and exhibited 3 times now , did not last year as I decided on a rest

It is a big commitment for exhibiters what with travel expenses , room cost , BEER money :) Food etc
and the risk of damage when transporting kit too and from your allocated room , I feel sorry for anyone in the upper levels ( No lifts ) having to carry everything up the stairs :eek:

Will have a think about applying for a room , Are they doing a application spread sheet again ? then see if you are allocated a room :) , It has been newbies get some priority over regular exhibiters , I think this is fair this way everyone get a chance , If you have not done the show you SHOULD its a great day allowing you to speak with room visitors , I really enjoyed my 3 times doing the show :)

Now What kit could I put together this time :eyebrows:no spreadsheet, those interested in exhibiting email the team and then hope they are in as from what I've read nobody new they were. It seems the new owners of Scalford aren't desperate for the wigwams business like the failing hotels previous owners and so are charging the long suffering exhibitors to clear the rooms of furniture and putting it back after the event. Plus insurance and compulsory Saturday night room payment.

Audio Al
07-10-2016, 10:13
Don't you read the threads Al?

Yes Barry most I do when I have time

Is the Stoke on Trent event a SHOW ? or some members having a bake off :scratch: or have I missed something :scratch:

Floyddroid
07-10-2016, 10:40
indeed. The event has been bitten by the stench of commerce. The hotel wanting their pound of flesh methinks. Shame like. I was thinking of hiring a room next year and taking some of my shit down!.
Yup, Scalford Hall.

Macca
07-10-2016, 11:20
Yes Barry most I do when I have time

Is the Stoke on Trent event a SHOW ? or some members having a bake off :scratch: or have I missed something :scratch:

Not really sure what the difference is.

struth
07-10-2016, 11:24
Perhaps a show off with home baking :ner:

Macca
07-10-2016, 11:33
I suppose a show is open to the general public, a bake off is not.

It is traditional that we talk about the AoS show but never do it. Trouble is organizing a proper show, at a big hotel, and open to the public, is a lot more work than setting up a bake off. It can also be quite a risk financially.

However if any members are interested in forming a committee to do a feasability study, send me a PM

Audio Al
07-10-2016, 13:16
Yes a show is a show completely different to a bake off

PM incoming ;)