PDA

View Full Version : Tonbridge Audiojumble this Sunday - 2nd October

Beobloke
30-09-2016, 09:10
Just a little reminder that this Sunday sees the second of the Tonbridge Audiojumbles for 2016. http://www.audiojumble.co.uk/

Always a superb day out and do feel free to drop by stall 13 and say hello if you're passing!

Audio Al
30-09-2016, 10:26
:steam: Now you have gone and done it :steam:

I did not know this was on , Oh help me please :doh:

walpurgis
30-09-2016, 10:32

I suspect you may be beyond help AL. :D

(have a well filled wallet with you mate, you know what it's like there :))

I have yet to decide if I'm going.

Beobloke
30-09-2016, 11:40

See you there, Al! :D As to helping you - how about I buy you a coffee when you arrive?!

Audio Al
30-09-2016, 11:52
See you there, Al! :D As to helping you - how about I buy you a coffee when you arrive?!

:lol::steam:

Macca
30-09-2016, 12:37
If you are going make sure you get there before Al does or there will be nothing left.

Marco
30-09-2016, 14:06

Just pretend you live where I do, and the travelling distance will be an effective enough deterrent from going! ;)

Marco.

The Black Adder
30-09-2016, 14:10
Always wanted to go to one of these Audiojumbles. Must be a great place for bargains.

Marco
30-09-2016, 14:11
It's exclusively for southern softies, don't you know? ;)

Marco.

The Black Adder
30-09-2016, 14:17
I can speak powsh, wot... so I might slip in.

Audio Al
30-09-2016, 14:28
If you are going make sure you get there before Al does or there will be nothing left.

Who Me :o

Beobloke
30-09-2016, 16:23
Just pretend you live where I do, and the travelling distance will be an effective enough deterrent from going! ;)

Marco.

Marco.

Here we go again...:rolleyes:

Marco
30-09-2016, 16:29
:lol: :lol:

Chillax, bro....

I knew that would wind you up!! :facepull: :ner:

Marco.

Marco
30-09-2016, 16:30
I can speak powsh, wot... so I might slip in.

You can shlip in anytime, dahling.... :eyebrows:

Marco.

Macca
30-09-2016, 16:55
Maybe we could arrange an AoS works outing for the next one in the Spring? Hire a charabang, get a block booking in a local hotel, jumble in the day, curry and a piss up in the evening? I've been meaning to go since the first one so that is over twenty years now. It is one hell of a long journey though from northern climes, especially on your own.

Marco
30-09-2016, 18:27
Sounds like a plan - just depends on how many folks would be interested in going :cool:

Marco.

Macca
30-09-2016, 19:45
We'll do it for the next one. Put up a thread, Remind me.

walpurgis
30-09-2016, 19:57
We'll do it for the next one. Put up a thread, Remind me.

That would be good. We could meet up, seeing as I'm already down this way.

montesquieu
30-09-2016, 21:18

Marco.

Should do me then I've been down here too long.

Actually it's an hour away according to google maps. I've never made it to one.

southall-1998
03-10-2016, 13:50
Any pics of this recent jumble?

S.

Lodgesound
03-10-2016, 14:22
We will be exibiting there in February with Music First Audio - lots of analogue tape machinery will be on display and running.

Barry
03-10-2016, 16:28
We will be exibiting there in February with Music First Audio - lots of analogue tape machinery will be on display and running.

Will you be selling anything?

Macca
03-10-2016, 16:53
Any pics of this recent jumble?

S.

It's a tradition that we never get any pics of it.

Paul-H
03-10-2016, 19:20
Mind you if the pictures on their website is anything to go by most of whats there has been dredged up from the bottom of a lake, some of it looks quite rotten, but obviously looks can be deceiving

paulf-2007
03-10-2016, 20:24
I hope to make the next one especially now you will be there with your impressive kit. Have always enjoyed hearing it at Scalford but sadly I'm done with that since reading the way it's being done next year.

Lodgesound
04-10-2016, 16:28
Will you be selling anything?

Hi Barry - yes Jonathan certainly will but the open reel machines will be only exhibits.

Are you looking for any machines in particular? I have one mastering machine for sale at the mo.

Lodgesound
04-10-2016, 16:30
Hi Paul;

Will look forward to seeing you there - as an aside what have you heard about Scalford?

It all seems to be so cagey now with nobody from the Admin telling anybody anything but seemingly getting a little bit dictatorial.

paulf-2007
04-10-2016, 19:20
Hi Paul;

Will look forward to seeing you there - as an aside what have you heard about Scalford?

It all seems to be so cagey now with nobody from the Admin telling anybody anything but seemingly getting a little bit dictatorial.
It seems all exhibitors have to pay for a room even if they don't want to sleep in it. Also a £10 supplement, that appears to be to exhibit. It used to be a great weekend with enthusiasts risking damaging their kit and travelling at their own expense, some from miles away and that was ok. Yes dictatorial is what it is. I'm done with it.

Marco
05-10-2016, 08:42
It's a tradition that we never get any pics of it.

Yup, as is my moans of it being held in the back of beyond, in Southern-softieshire :D

Marco.

Beobloke
05-10-2016, 11:48
Yup, as is my moans of it being held in the back of beyond, in Southern-softieshire :D

Marco.

To be fair, the lack of photos is partly my fault as I promised to take some on one condition. That condition was part 2 of Marco's thoughts on listening to a Nakamichi TX-1000 at Dave Anderton's house back in 2013. Part 2 sadly never arrived, so I have never taken any photos! :D

As an aside, there's no need for part 2 any more as Dave no longer has the Nakamichi, and I know exactly what I think of it. :eyebrows: :D

struth
05-10-2016, 12:02
It seems all exhibitors have to pay for a room even if they don't want to sleep in it. Also a £10 supplement, that appears to be to exhibit. It used to be a great weekend with enthusiasts risking damaging their kit and travelling at their own expense, some from miles away and that was ok. Yes dictatorial is what it is. I'm done with it.

These things are inclined to go that way especially when extremely popular. The thinking of what it was that made it great, and the people who made it great get kicked into touch as they feel able to pick and choose via rules, regs and money.
Sad, but at least its not compulsory