PDA

View Full Version : Dodgy balance control, worth getting fixed? (Marantz PM6010 KI)

griff74
19-09-2016, 12:55
Hi guys, hope everyone is well.
My Marantz PM6010 KI was out of action for a while until this weekend due to loosing the left channel. I spoke to a lovely guy at a local Hi Fi repair place and he suggested soaking all the switches in cleaning fluid to see if I get the channel back (otherwise he said to pop it in for him to look at). This worked and it is now working again but my balance control is still not working (I use the amp in source direct). Is it worth getting it replaced or would you just leave it?
The amp seems back in top health otherwise and after reassurances from the guy that the Marantz should handle my Kef C60's ok (they present a very flat resistance to the amp due to their fancy crossovers according to the interwebs) so I had it wound up last night and was surprised how the old Kef's bounce along with a bit of power through them (have always been gentle with them due to them being 4 ohm speakers).

Ali Tait
19-09-2016, 13:00
If you're happy with it as it is, I'd leave it be.

Puffin
19-09-2016, 13:07
With it in "source direct" ins't the balance control defeated?

griff74
19-09-2016, 14:02
If you're happy with it as it is, I'd leave it be.

Yeah that's what I thought, I don't need to adjust the balance!

griff74
19-09-2016, 14:04
With it in "source direct" ins't the balance control defeated?

It is, just don't like having things not 100% working but tbh I doubt I would ever adjust the balance after getting it fixed!