PDA

View Full Version : hi all

j d ess
22-04-2008, 01:36
hey there,

just found the forum looking for info on an EMT 928. i just bought it from the library and fired it up only to find the left channel isn't putting anything out. lots to learn, i'm sure...looking forward to any help (and hopefully giving some input).

-jd

Nick
22-04-2008, 06:02
Hi jd

Welcome to the forum. Sorry I can't help with the EMT problem but maybe someone here will be able to step in and help.

Hope you have fun here :)

Cheers

Nick

Marco
22-04-2008, 08:50
Hi JD,

Welcome to the forum :)

Nice turntable you've got there! I love EMTs.

There could be a number of reasons why you've got no signal coming from the left channel. Have you checked for breaks or loose connections in the cartridge leads and phono leads connecting the deck to your preamp or phono stage? Or any other cables in the signal chain, even the phono connectors on the deck itself, or if the phono lead is captive have you checked the internal connections?

I doubt there's any inherent problem with the deck itself as they're built like tanks and designed to last forever!

Marco.

Steve Toy
22-04-2008, 09:01
Hi JD. Welcome. I think Moh/Solidstate might be able to help you with your EMT problem.

j d ess
24-04-2008, 01:12
Hi JD,

There could be a number of reasons why you've got no signal coming from the left channel. Have you checked for breaks or loose connections in the cartridge leads and phono leads connecting the deck to your preamp or phono stage? Or any other cables in the signal chain, even the phono connectors on the deck itself, or if the phono lead is captive have you checked the internal connections?

Marco.

Hey Marco,

Thanks. I haven't done any of these things yet. Quite frankly, this thing intimidates me...I'm heading out of town this weekend. When I get back I'll dive in...gently.

Filterlab
24-04-2008, 08:09
Hi JD, welcome.