PDA

View Full Version : sl1210 with ittok???

john diamond
26-11-2009, 20:47
I just wanted to get some thoughts,

sorry if this has already been discussed, I did have a quick search but turned up nothing....

the cartridge I have is either a clearaudio sigma gold (1st choice) or dynavector 20XL

while the dynavector is round/warm/fullbodied and an excellent cartridge, it's just not in the clearaudio's league, while I wouldn't describe the clearaudio as round or warm, it's not cold either.....

thanks

DSJR
26-11-2009, 21:10
I'm sure an Ittok will be ok. Don't over-tighten the fixing screws yet make sure the little #0 screws holding most Ittoks together haven't loosened up.. The money they fetch these days would buy a Jelco 750 though and we KNOW that this one works...

Elephantears
15-11-2013, 13:28
Well I was going to start a thread on this question and I found this old one...

I'm thinking about which deck to use for an office system, and I quite fancy the idea of an Ittok on a 1210. Has anyone tried it?

Tarzan
15-11-2013, 17:44
l have seen this combo on an internet site somewhere and cannot remember :doh: where, so it has been done........

pure sound
15-11-2013, 23:37
There was someone on PFM who had an Ekos on one. (Sonndek?)

Clive197
17-11-2013, 16:54
Ittok on a Techie! .............WHY?

Marco
17-11-2013, 21:10
There was someone on PFM who had an Ekos on one. (Sonndek?)

Yup, he claimed it worked very well - and I believe him! Ron (Jazzbones) here also uses one, to great success, on his Techy :)

Marco.

JazzBones
18-11-2013, 08:47
Yup, he claimed it worked very well - and I believe him! Ron (Jazzbones) here also uses one, to great success, on his Techy :)

Marco.

Bloody hell Marco, your mind is a vertiable filing cabinet of retained info :lol: Yup I have been using an Ekos Mk1 reworked by Johnny7 for sometime now and it works really good. Also, the Linn arm geometry and Jelco 750D is identical so you can swap between the two which I have done. I preferred the Ekos but not by a huge mile, the Jelco 750D is going onto my modified LP12 allowing me to easily change cartridges on that deck, something which is a pain in the botty with the Linn arms as they have to be removed for this process to avoid possible damage. One thing to take into account if you are contemplating using a Mk2 (instead of a Mk3) Ittok is that the arm wand locking device is seprate, A 'G' type clip which means surgery would have to be done to the tecky to accommodate same, means drilling a hole through the top plate of the deck itself.... give this careful consideration but it can be done!

Sorry I'm a bit late coming to this thread but have been out a fair bit lately.

cheers

Ron

Marco
18-11-2013, 10:26
Bloody hell Marco, your mind is a vertiable filing cabinet of retained info :lol:

Lol - I've always been blessed with a retentive memory! ;)

Here is Ron's Technics, fitted with said Ittok (whist on his 'bench' being fettled):

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/9485/57fm.jpg

IMO, more people should try this combination :)

Marco

Gromit
18-11-2013, 10:31
Lol - I've always been blessed with a retentive memory! ;)

Here is Ron's Technics, fitted with said Ittok (whist on his 'bench' being fettled):

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/9485/57fm.jpg

IMO, more people should try this combination :)

Marco

That does look very sweet - and a darn sight better than using it on the 'wibbly-wobbly thing' :D

Marco
18-11-2013, 10:34
Indeed... Plus the Technics looks so much better without the (redundant) pitch control slider. I quite like how the carbon-fibre strips finish it off :)

Anyway, has your system changed again since the last time we spoke? :D

Marco.

Gromit
18-11-2013, 10:50
Anyway, has your system changed again since the last time we spoke? :D

Marco.

It hasn't, and in the words of Eddie Murphy 'It's a miracle'. :D

Have just got hold of a nice WAD KEL84 though, so bought it just for the hell of it. Had one before - lovely little amp. Will probaly end up in the music room with Squeezebox and a pair of small speakers.

Marco
18-11-2013, 11:14
Hehehehe... Nice to see you're resisting the temptation for box-swapping! No doubt that the WAD will be a lovely listen, so enjoy :cool:

Marco.

Elephantears
18-11-2013, 13:36
One thing to take into account if you are contemplating using a Mk2 (instead of a Mk3) Ittok is that the arm wand locking device is seprate, A 'G' type clip which means surgery would have to be done to the tecky to accommodate same, means drilling a hole through the top plate of the deck itself.... give this careful consideration but it can be done!

Thanks for this info Ron. I have a Linn arm board for Technics so I thought it would be a simple fit but it seems not. I guess you have put me off, which is a shame, because I think, at the very least, the look and feel of this combination would be great.

I do have a wibbly-wobbly thing too, and it's a rather nice one, with the Sole sub-chassis, which makes it less wibbly, even if it's still wobbly, but that is too expensive a deck for my office. I thought a good compromise for this system would be to take a stock Tecchie and then spoil myself a bit with the Ittok, but never mind. I met settle for a 401 instead (so many options!).

Clive197
19-11-2013, 11:30
Having been the owner of 2 Ittok's a LVII which destroyed its bearings and a LVIII which was OK but you still had to be very careful when tightening cartridge screws, I still feel that most modern arms from the likes of SME, Jelco and modded Rega's (including original Rega's for that matter) among others are better built. Linn products seem to me to be seriously overpriced and have survived on perceived reputation.
I was always led to believe that cartridge screws needed to be very tight to get the best results. This was hard to do on a linn with the manufactures themselves saying that you needed to remove the arm from the deck to mount cartridges. Oh what a faff.
Clive