PDA

View Full Version : Garrard 301 pulley... need to buy a new one... but which one? HELP!

sanjivs
12-08-2016, 03:21
A few months ago I serviced my Garrard 301 motor with the help of a friend. In the process of removing the pulley, it got damaged as it was jammed. Fortunately, the 33 1/3 RPM section of the pulley is still perfect and the turntable has therefore been operational. But now I think it’s time to get a new one from Perfect Sound UK. Their site indicated 3 options – Large, Euro and Small and states ‘please select correct voltage when ordering’. I need help in figuring out which one to order.

The additional information I can provide is - the official voltage/frequency in India is 240 V/50 Hz. On measuring one may find the voltage varying from about 220 to 245 volts (the average hovering more around 230 volts).

In the past, normally I could correct the speed of my turntable by adjusting the speed adjusting knob (to the negative side), however some times the speed would be so fast that I could not correct it even by turning the speed adjusting knob all the way up on the negative side. Once I discovered this I introduced a 60 watt bulb in the turntable’s power line and since then I have always been able to correct the speed by turning the adjustment knob a little on the negative side (typically 2.5 stops to the right). Yes, the sound did change a little but I really don’t mind this ‘new’ sound.

Do please suggest the correct pulley that I need to order.

Cheers

Sanjiv