PDA

View Full Version : Additional inputs for StanDAC

twelvebears
25-11-2009, 09:22
I just wondered if, like me, anyone else had wished for extra optical inputs on their StanDAC?

Everything sounds so much better through my 7520 that I really want it to do all be digital sound, but I've noticed that standard practice seems to be for mass-market products to only have optical outputs, and my 7520 only has one optical input....

At the moment, the optical input is taken up with digital from my iMac, but I'd also like to connect my PS3 which is my BlueRay player.

I'm never going to use the USB input and suspect may other are the same. Personally I'd like to have two coaxial and two digital inputs.

Themis
25-11-2009, 10:28
You can use this : http://www.amazon.co.uk/HQ-Optical-TOSlink-Port-Switch/dp/B000QRI2EI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1259144850&sr=8-3

Splitting optical is simpler than coax... ;)

StanleyB
25-11-2009, 12:27
I just wondered if, like me, anyone else had wished for extra optical inputs on their StanDAC?

I'm never going to use the USB input and suspect may other are the same. Personally I'd like to have two coaxial and two digital inputs..

I can remove the USB PCB and put in a TOSLINK socket for you instead. Email me.

Alex_UK
25-11-2009, 20:23
You can use this : http://www.amazon.co.uk/HQ-Optical-TOSlink-Port-Switch/dp/B000QRI2EI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1259144850&sr=8-3

Splitting optical is simpler than coax... ;)

I use one of these to switch between the Xbox 360, PS3 & Sky+ - I can't hear any difference in quality compared to direct connection - but bear in mind you will need 4 leads for 3 devices. Also, be aware that it is a lot bigger than I thought it would be - (the black switch is about 2.5" in diameter and you'll get an idea.)

Themis
25-11-2009, 20:42
I use one of these to switch between the Xbox 360, PS3 & Sky+ - I can't hear any difference in quality compared to direct connection - but bear in mind you will need 4 leads for 3 devices. Also, be aware that it is a lot bigger than I thought it would be - (the black switch is about 2.5" in diameter and you'll get an idea.)
Well, I could find a smaller one, I'm sure. Are you interested ?

Alex_UK
25-11-2009, 21:28
It's fine, I was just surprised how big it was, but thanks anyway!

Themis
25-11-2009, 21:42
It's fine, I was just surprised how big it was, but thanks anyway!
No problemo ! If Stan can modify it's better. ;)