PDA

View Full Version : Universal Remote - All For One

Alex_UK
25-11-2009, 00:21
I'm getting fed up with 6 remotes on a regular basis - anyone got any recommendations for an all in one job? Logitech Harmony range get good reviews, but any real experience? I need to include Sky HD (my last Marantz all in one didn't do Sky) and are there any that include Bluetooth (PS3) does anyone know? Cheers guys!

Themis
25-11-2009, 10:31
Logitech Harmony : once you start using it, you can't do without. ;) (i've had one for years now, it is the only one my wife can use...)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_6_7?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=logitech+harmony&x=0&y=0&sprefix=logitec

Alex_UK
25-11-2009, 18:23
Many thanks Dimitri - that was where I was going to start - and if it gets wife approval so much the better! ;)

Themis
25-11-2009, 18:45
Many thanks Dimitri - that was where I was going to start - and if it gets wife approval so much the better! ;)
It's the best you can find.

Harmony remotes are not organized on a per-unit fashion. They are organized on a per-activity fashion.
For instance, if you select activity "Watch DVD", the remote powers on the needed bits (amp/tv/dvd player), selects correct input and sourround modes, and configures all of its buttons optimally : The num-pad for the dvd player, the volume control for the AVamp, and so on.
Of course everything is configurable, through a PC program linked with the Logitech database that has ALL the codes for whatever you have.
When you change activity, the remote powers on what needed, powers off what is not needed, and leaves others unchanged.
Everything powers off with one button.

And the still have buttons on a per-unit fashion if needed.

It's the best WAF factor possible. ;)