PDA

View Full Version : MiBO - Midlands Bake Off - Stoke On Trent Saturday Novmber 5th 2016 - Now definite!

Pages : [1] 2

Macca
13-07-2016, 12:38
If there is enough interest I will be organising a meet sometime in the early Autumn. Venue will almost certainly be in Stoke On Trent. I still need to find somewhere that ticks all the required boxes (i.e with food, booze, beds, function room and plentiful free parking) but pending that I'd appreciate it if anyone who would be interested in attending would let me know on this thread or by PM

It will be AoS members only but this will include AoS trade members should they wish to come and display their wares.

Format will be similar to NEBO so very informal with the emphasis very much on enjoying ourselves.

Will probably be a free event, although might ask trade to chuck a bit in the pot if any attend.

So please let me know if you are interested even if you can't be definite right now. If we can get a dozen or so folk interested then we can go ahead.

Thanks

Mart.

jandl100
13-07-2016, 12:53
Yup, I would defo like to attend, subject to suitable day/date.

Ali Tait
13-07-2016, 13:43
Aye, count me in.

Macca
13-07-2016, 13:47
Outstanding. Thanks fellas. :)

Barry
13-07-2016, 14:00
If you could make it 1/2 October, I would be interested.

Macca
13-07-2016, 14:05
No reason why not Barry.

jollyfix
13-07-2016, 14:10
Yes from me, but as Jerry said, subject to day/date.

Firebottle
13-07-2016, 14:12
Good one Martin, not in the UK until November though :(

Macca
13-07-2016, 14:47
Well we could push it back to November, don't see why not. What date do you get into the UK, Alan?

Jimbo
13-07-2016, 17:25
Martin, I will certainly be there!

Macca
13-07-2016, 18:03
Excellent James. We just need 4 or 5 more and we are good to go.

Big Vern
13-07-2016, 18:11
Hi Martin,

It's right on my doorstep, so it would be rude not to! Thank you for offering to organise/co-ordinate

Please count me in, if that's in order :)

Paul.

Macca
13-07-2016, 18:16
It is in order and you will be very welcome Paul.

Firebottle
13-07-2016, 19:27
Planning on the beginning of Nov this year.

Bigman80 would definitely be interested as well Martin.

RichB
13-07-2016, 20:38
Yes, I'll be in and bring something along depending on the date. If any of the NE crew want to lift share then let me know.

Ali Tait
13-07-2016, 20:59
Ditto for the Scottish Mafia.

Gazjam
13-07-2016, 21:09
Ali...if your there I'll be there.
These get togethers should be encouraged, despite what jealous fcuknuts elsewhere might like to think.
Damn shame about NEBO...Steve, take a year out mate if you need to but even if you need to get other folk on board, dont give it up mate.

brian2957
13-07-2016, 21:11
Cheers Ali . We've got a trip planned around that time so I'll have to wait for a date for this before committing myself .

Thanks for taking the time to offer an alternative to NEBO Martin .

Macca
13-07-2016, 21:24
Looks like I'd best get looking for a venue then.

johnB
13-07-2016, 22:52
I'm in Martin (although being from the East Midlands I view Stoke as verging on the North).

Cheers
John

walpurgis
13-07-2016, 22:57
I view Stevenage as verging on The North! ;)

struth
13-07-2016, 23:07
I view Stevenage as verging on The North! ;)

Aye, anyone north of Watford Gap lives in a round house :lol:

walpurgis
13-07-2016, 23:28
Aye, anyone north of Watford Gap lives in a round house :lol:

At least you've got one or two metalled roads up there now (so I've heard ;)). Must be a bit of a drag going to the well before making a cuppa in the morning though :D.

Ali Tait
14-07-2016, 05:36
Ug.

Macca
14-07-2016, 06:42
At least you've got one or two metalled roads up there now (so I've heard ;)). Must be a bit of a drag going to the well before making a cuppa in the morning though :D.

That's easy compared to bashing the rocks together to make fire to boil the water.

Marco
14-07-2016, 08:38
Looks like I'd best get looking for a venue then.

Indeed!

Sorry I haven't been around much recently, guys, as we've got friends visiting and Del's off work, so am on my 'unofficial' summer hols, until they start in ernest later :)

Martin, for the venue I'd suggest a pub-type/small hotel one, such as we had at the last NEBO, rather than some soulless large corporate-type place, as the vibe would be so much better. Somewhere where we can take over the function room, or whatever, to make it a proper AoS gathering.

I don't know what you've been looking at, but something along those lines with good parking facilities would be ideal.

The other thing I'd suggest is a 'bring a friend' option, where AoS members could bring someone they know with them to the venue, into hi-fi and music, who's not (yet) a member of the forum. It's a good way of further growing the community! :cool:

Marco.

Marco
14-07-2016, 08:43
Martin, I will certainly be there!

Hi Jim,

Long time no hear! How've you been, mate? I've not seen you around for ages. Hope all is well, and glad to see you're supporting the event :cool:

Marco.

YNWaN
14-07-2016, 08:58
I would be interested in attending, Stoke on Trent is about an hour forty mins from my house (previous meets were a bit far I'm afraid); it depends on dates though.

Macca
14-07-2016, 11:06
I think I have found a suitable venue. It has

Large function room (quite posh looking), cheap accomodation on site (sort of travel lodge standard but clean and modern), food, large car park and most importantly a bar. It is about 5 minutes from the M6 motorway and about a 15/20 minute walk from the mainline station, or a 5 minute cab ride.

Saturday 5th November looks a likely date as Stoke are playing away so traffic and parking won't be an issue. I'll see if I can book the place for that date unless I get a barrage of 'can't make it then' messages in the meantime ;)

Macca
14-07-2016, 11:06
I would be interested in attending, Stoke on Trent is about an hour forty mins from my house (previous meets were a bit far I'm afraid); it depends on dates though.

Would be good to have you come along, Mark.

RichB
14-07-2016, 11:09
I think I have found a suitable venue. It has

Large function room (quite posh looking), cheap accomodation on site (sort of travel lodge standard but clean and modern), food, large car park and most importantly a bar. It is about 5 minutes from the M6 motorway and about a 15/20 minute walk from the mainline station, or a 5 minute cab ride.

Saturday 5th November looks a likely date as Stoke are playing away so traffic and parking won't be an issue. I'll see if I can book the place for that date unless I get a barrage of 'can't make it then' messages in the meantime ;)

5/11 works for me!

brian2957
14-07-2016, 11:41
I'll consult the '' Oracle '' when I get home :eyebrows: . Thanks Martin , do you happen to know which junction of the M6 mate ? Just trying to judge distance :)

Macca
14-07-2016, 11:57
Junction 15 Brian.

struth
14-07-2016, 12:12
I'll consult the '' Oracle '' when I get home :eyebrows: . Thanks Martin , do you happen to know which junction of the M6 mate ? Just trying to judge distance :)

About 250 miles Brian to stoke

Macca
14-07-2016, 12:26
Put yer foot down and you'll do it in 2 hours ;)

YNWaN
14-07-2016, 12:34
Would be good to have you come along, Mark.

Thanks :). Unfortunately I work most Saturday's - may be free though, will consult the diary.

Macca
14-07-2016, 12:39
Just pull a sicky if they won't let you have the day off. Take the Friday before too, so it looks more credible ;)

shane
14-07-2016, 13:26
Shame it's not a South West Midlands Bake Off. Everyone would have to go.

jandl100
14-07-2016, 14:11
Does it have to be a Saturday?

Travel up on a Saturday morn for 11am might be a nightmare.

Wakefield Turntables
14-07-2016, 14:15
Stoke on Trent. My old stomping ground when getting my masters degree. I should be ok for this one. What venue are you using? :eek:

Macca
14-07-2016, 14:15
Thing is if folk are coming a distance they will want to stay overnight and travel back on the Sunday. So it has to be Saturday, really. I guess you have to come through the horror that is Birmingham, so I sympathise. Not sure if there is a way round that; we could have a later kick-off?

Macca
14-07-2016, 14:18
Stoke on Trent. My old stomping ground when getting my masters degree. I should be ok for this one. What venue are you using? :eek:

I've got one in mind (not that far from the University) but will have to see if I can confirm it yet. Once confirmed I will let everyone know by PM. Cyanide tablets will be also issued so if you fall into enemy hands you know what to do. :)

struth
14-07-2016, 14:27
Minefield in use signs under construction;)

jandl100
14-07-2016, 14:29
Thing is if folk are coming a distance they will want to stay overnight and travel back on the Sunday. So it has to be Saturday, really. I guess you have to come through the horror that is Birmingham, so I sympathise. Not sure if there is a way round that; we could have a later kick-off?

No, earlier is the solution.
I'll just turn up early morning and mooch around til 11, I guess.

struth
14-07-2016, 14:29

Come up friday night early hrs of Sat. Its fairly quiet then. Best time to travel. Take a picnic forcrefreshments and plenty tunes.

jandl100
14-07-2016, 14:31
Great minds, Grant. :)

Shame you can't make it, would be nice to meet up.

struth
14-07-2016, 14:39
Aye, would love to but think it would kill me. Would just get in way anyways with the crutches, and the "are we there yet" lol.

struth
14-07-2016, 14:41
When younger i used to do a 9 til 9 shift then drive to w s mare overnight. Things you,ll do for a ladies charms:D

jandl100
14-07-2016, 14:49
Aye, would love to but think it would kill me. Would just get in way anyways with the crutches, and the "are we there yet" lol.

I think folks would be really pleased to see you. :grouphug:
You can always play I Spy on the journey to keep you occupied.

Macca
14-07-2016, 15:16
No, earlier is the solution.
I'll just turn up early morning and mooch around til 11, I guess.

Where have you got 1100 from? I've not got as far as starting times yet :) . But simplest way for anyone who turns up really early is to come to my place first. The facilities are limited but you can at least have a sit down and a nice cup of tea.

jandl100
14-07-2016, 15:18
Where have you got 1100 from? I've not got as far as starting times yet :) . But simplest way for anyone who turns up really early is to come to my place first. The facilities are limited but you can at least have a sit down and a nice cup of tea.

Ah.
Dunno.
Maybe that was NEBO start time? :scratch:

A cup of char at your place would be great.
See you at 6.30 am :)

Macca
14-07-2016, 15:27
There's a 6.30 am now?

Jimbo
14-07-2016, 15:40
Hi Jim,

Long time no hear! How've you been, mate? I've not seen you around for ages. Hope all is well, and glad to see you're supporting the event :cool:

Marco.

Hi Marco,

All good thanks, hope you keeping well? I have been away on hols a fair bit and been taking a little sabbatical :)

I will of course support the MIBO as much as possible and will bring some kit, possibly a turntable?

Nice to have a change of venue as I think a good few who would not take the long drive to Hartlepool but are further south may attend. Certainly a little closer to me and you!

Nice one Macca for taking on the organisation side of things:thumbsup:

jandl100
14-07-2016, 16:22
There's a 6.30 am now?

Yes, I made that up, too. ;)

--- Well, I do plan to arrive at Stoke well before 9am.
Happy to mooch around til you've changed out of your PJs. :lol:

struth
14-07-2016, 16:37
Yes, I made that up, too. ;)

--- Well, I do plan to arrive at Stoke well before 9am.
Happy to mooch around til you've changed out of your PJs. :lol:

You say that now Jerry, but youve not reckoned on Martins nightware:eyebrows:

Macca
14-07-2016, 16:43
No, I'll be around from about 0800 so it is no problem. Anyway we can sort that closer to the time. I've still got to see if I can book the place yet.

Ali Tait
14-07-2016, 17:54
Martin, how about making it a weekend thing a la Owston?

Those staying over can arrive on Friday for a few jars and some craic in the evening, then set up Saturday morning. Have the Saturday and Sunday at the venue, folks travel home Sunday afternoon/evening.

Big Vern
14-07-2016, 18:09
It is in order and you will be very welcome Paul.

That's great - thanks, Martin

Paul

Macca
14-07-2016, 18:13
It's a good idea but means booking the room for two days instead of one which might start getting expensive. If I get a chance tomorrow I'll give them a call and see what the story is with availability and cost and then we can go from there. The bedrooms are £50/night but I don't know how much to rent the dining room/function suite yet.

Ali Tait
14-07-2016, 18:37
Ok, well let us know, cost can be shared amongst the attendees.

Marco
14-07-2016, 18:51
You say that now Jerry, but youve not reckoned on Martins nightware:eyebrows:

Have you not weaned him off his Batman suit yet? :D

Marco.

User211
14-07-2016, 19:15
Anything like acceptable journey time would risk police chase, a total ban and maybe some time inside:(

Macca
15-07-2016, 06:56
You can get a train straight through from Temple Meads to Stoke, Justin. Just a little over. 2 hours journey time.

Marco
15-07-2016, 08:17
Indeed. Leave the Boxsty at home and chillax in 1st Class... :)

Marco.

jandl100
15-07-2016, 08:46
Probably cheaper, too, than the 18mpg you get with your Porsky. ;)

Macca
15-07-2016, 11:14
It will be about £45 return I'd guess.

Macca
15-07-2016, 12:05
Called the potential venue - no answer - left them a message to call me back - we shall see what happens.

User211
16-07-2016, 10:41
I'd defo drive... it is 30 mins to Temple Meads, car parking costs and taxis the other side etc etc. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Porksty will do 37 mpg without much effort fahr'n fahr'n fahr'n auf der Autobahn. Just rubbish in towns.

Macca
16-07-2016, 10:47
So are you coming or not? ;)

Still heard nothing back from the venue so that looks good. :( I mean you leave a message saying you want to book their function room for a whole weekend and they are not bothered enough to get back to you says to me either poor businessmen or that they are booked solid and don't care.

I'm off out for lunch in a bit so will try them again when I get back.

User211
16-07-2016, 10:54
Are you trying to get me to actually commit to something Martin?:lol:

Slackers. The world seems crazy at times. All too often, in fact.

Marco
16-07-2016, 11:19
Still heard nothing back from the venue so that looks good. :( I mean you leave a message saying you want to book their function room for a whole weekend and they are not bothered enough to get back to you says to me either poor businessmen or that they are booked solid and don't care.

Sadly that's all too common these days, and something that roasts my globe! I detest that lazy-arsed mentality, where you have to kick ass before anything gets done. No-one seems capable these days of being proactive or remotely efficient.

Their 'get up and go' has (very obviously) got up and gone......! :rolleyes:

Marco.

struth
16-07-2016, 11:21
Would def go elsewhere. If thats the way they treat potential custom, then once the have you, just how bad will it become.. Name and shame.

Floyddroid
16-07-2016, 12:32
Work permitting i would love to come Macca? if that's ok like?

Macca
16-07-2016, 12:35
Wouldn't be the same without you Steve. I'm starting to wonder how you found those great venues for the NEBOs - seems to be harder than it looks ;)

Floyddroid
16-07-2016, 23:00
Wouldn't be the same without you Steve. I'm starting to wonder how you found those great venues for the NEBOs - seems to be harder than it looks ;)

Finding the venues was the easy bit. Negotiating with the managers/landlords was the challenge ha ha.

Marco
17-07-2016, 06:15
Have you heard anything back from the venue yet, Martin? If not, PM me their number and I'll 'give them a shake'... ;)

Marco (can't abide 'fannying-about' incompetents).

Macca
17-07-2016, 10:16
No, not yet. I'll try them again in a while, If there is no joy then I'll scratch that one and try somewhere else.

If they don't answer their telephone or reply to messages it doesn't make any difference who calls them.

Marco
17-07-2016, 11:22
Sure, but trust me, I have a way of making things happen/getting things done, when faced with, shall we say, 'managerial apathy'! ;)

I simply don't just 'put up with' or accept that shit.

Marco.

Macca
17-07-2016, 11:40
Okay just spoke to them - good news and bad news

Good news is that we can book it for Saturday 5th November and they only want £150 for the hire.

Bad news is if we go there we can't have it for the Sunday too as the function suite is also the restaurant and they do a carvery on Sunday which they won't cancel.

I'm now thinking we could do Friday evening and Saturday so those travelling a distance could arrive Friday and have an evening 'do', then the main event on Saturday, then Sunday maybe a scoff at the carvery and drive home.

Thoughts?

RichB
17-07-2016, 12:23
Okay just spoke to them - good news and bad news

Good news is that we can book it for Saturday 5th November and they only want £150 for the hire.

Bad news is if we go there we can't have it for the Sunday too as the function suite is also the restaurant and they do a carvery on Sunday which they won't cancel.

I'm now thinking we could do Friday evening and Saturday so those travelling a distance could arrive Friday and have an evening 'do', then the main event on Saturday, then Sunday maybe a scoff at the carvery and drive home.

Thoughts?

I'd be hitting the road after breakfast on the Sunday but I'd certainly be amenable to arriving on the Friday pm for a drink and preliminary session.

Macca
17-07-2016, 14:33
Okay that's you and me so far for the Friday then Rich. I'll see if I can get down there tomorrow evening on the way back from work and do a recce. If it all looks good I'll book the Saturday 5th Nov there and then. If enough people want to turn up on Friday and let me know before tomorrow evening I'll try and book that at the same time. I guess if there are 5 or 6 of us it will be worth it. There seem to be plenty of bedrooms and the car park is sizeable so that is covered. Just need to see what sort of food they can supply on the Saturday.

Ali Tait
17-07-2016, 15:21
Yep count me in for that too.

Barry
17-07-2016, 16:01
And me, please.

337alant
17-07-2016, 17:56
Martyn
all the best for your MIBO matey sounds like you have quite a gathering there already, should be a great day;):eyebrows:

Alan

Macca
17-07-2016, 18:01
Thanks Alan. You not coming then? That's a shame, you've got all the good gear. ;)

Barry you are down for the potential Friday session. That's four for that so far, including me, Could have that at my place as things stand.

Barry
17-07-2016, 18:05
Thanks Alan. You not coming then? That's a shame, you've got all the good gear. ;)

Barry you are down for the potential Friday session. That's four for that so far, including me, Could have that at my place as things stand.

I would want a room booked for both the Friday and the Saturday night, if that is possible.

Macca
17-07-2016, 18:14
No reason why not.

337alant
17-07-2016, 18:43

Martin
I'd like too but I'm in the process of changing jobs at the moment so just don't know what I will be doing in November?

Alan

Macca
17-07-2016, 19:01
Martin
I'd like too but I'm in the process of changing jobs at the moment so just don't know what I will be doing in November?

Alan

Ah okay then -hope that goes well for you. See how things are closer to the date.

Barry
17-07-2016, 19:26
I assume Marco is up for it, or will he drive there and back without overnighting?

Jimbo
17-07-2016, 19:50
I think a Friday evening going into a full day Saturday sounds ideal Martin.

I am not sure if I can do the Friday but can be there for a very early start Saturday.

Marco
17-07-2016, 20:24
I assume Marco is up for it, or will he drive there and back without overnighting?

You assume correct :)

I think if I can drive to NEBO and back, without overnighting, I should be able to manage Stoke :eyebrows:

Marco.

Marco
17-07-2016, 20:35
Hi Marco,

All good thanks, hope you keeping well? I have been away on hols a fair bit and been taking a little sabbatical :)

I will of course support the MIBO as much as possible and will bring some kit, possibly a turntable?

Nice to have a change of venue as I think a good few who would not take the long drive to Hartlepool but are further south may attend. Certainly a little closer to me and you!

Nice one Macca for taking on the organisation side of things:thumbsup:

Nice one, Jim. Would be great to hear your VPI. I'm sure, if we call get together, we can make MIBO as successful as NEBO. Ultimately, what we want is a SEBO or SWBO to eventually join them! :cool:

Marco.

Jimbo
18-07-2016, 09:22
Nice one, Jim. Would be great to hear your VPI. I'm sure, if we call get together, we can make MIBO as successful as NEBO. Ultimately, what we want is a SEBO or SWBO to join them! :cool:

Marco.

Yes I think the VPI TT will be coming to the first MIBO although I do also have the Lenco with the M55 / JICO SAS I could bring? I may try and ask another AOS member who lives near me to bring his KEF Blades, that could be interesting!

RichB
18-07-2016, 09:36
Macca, let me know what kit you might like to bring closer to the time when you have a better idea.

Maybe some speakers. Either the RS5 or Edingdales?

Macca
18-07-2016, 11:10
Hopefully I will be confirming the booking tonight then we can get down to the serious business of marshalling the kit. Will update later.

Marco
18-07-2016, 13:57
Don't forget the chamber maid, evening 'extras service', which was promised to swing the deal... ;)

Marco.

Macca
18-07-2016, 15:12
This is Stoke so there is a brothel within walking distance should anyone be so inclined. Just see me for directions.

Macca
18-07-2016, 17:21
Okay just got back from the place (the venue not the brothel) and we are all booked and good to go for Friday 4th November (afternoon/evening) and the main event on Saturday 11am until late. The room is not huge but is more than adequate for our needs. We also have a special discount on the bedrooms which are just £30 pound per night (give my name when booking to get this discount).

This will be a private function so if your name's not down you won't be coming in, so post here or PM so I can add you to the list if you have not done so already. I'll send info re the venue to everyone who is coming/expressed an interest in due course. Suffice it to say there it is easy access from the M6 and Stoke mainline station if arriving via train. If you are coming on the train I can arrange for a car to pick you up at the station, save you getting a hackney cab from there although it is less than 10 minutes to the venue by car, maybe 20 minutes leisurely walk.

Look forward to seeing you all there. :)

struth
18-07-2016, 17:37
This is Stoke so there is a brothel within walking distance should anyone be so inclined. Just see me for directions.

Just drop me at the brothel then... Can be picked up on sunday;). Literally :lol:

Macca
18-07-2016, 17:42
I'll let them know to expect you. You're not 'too beaucoup' are you? ;)

Ali Tait
18-07-2016, 19:09
Nice one Martin. I will stay Fri and Sat. Scottish Mafia, let me know if any of you are coming?

brian2957
18-07-2016, 19:52
Weekend on Ali , so very unlikely for me mate .

Ali Tait
18-07-2016, 19:58
Okeydokey mate.

brian2957
18-07-2016, 20:19
Not a problem mate . I'll have a word with the boss when I'm back on days , but I'm not holding out much hope .

struth
18-07-2016, 20:38
Not a problem mate . I'll have a word with the boss when I'm back on days , but I'm not holding out much hope .

Put yir foot down and beg ;)

brian2957
18-07-2016, 20:55
Aye mate , I'll wear my best kneepads :lol:

Ali Tait
18-07-2016, 21:34
:D

RichB
18-07-2016, 22:00
Aye let me know if you if and when you need cash for the digs Macca.

Jimbo
19-07-2016, 08:33
Hi Martin, would it be ok to bring along a non AOS member if I supplied you with a name for your list?

Firebottle
19-07-2016, 08:58
Thinking the same possibly Martin.

Macca
19-07-2016, 11:12
Yes of course, just let me know.

Barry
19-07-2016, 11:18
I shall be doing the same; but she will be rooming with me.

She's not the slightest bit interested in "hi-fi", but knows a good set up when she hears it. Like most sensible people, she is more interested in the music than the means by which it is conveyed.

Macca
19-07-2016, 11:53
For those bringing significant others with no interest in music/hi-fi there is a pool table in the bar ;)

struth
19-07-2016, 11:55
Id be more likely to be eying the pretty lassies than the hifi, but thats just me;)

Firebottle
19-07-2016, 13:28
For those bringing significant others with no interest in music/hi-fi there is a pool table in the bar ;)

.......but does it have decent beer?:cool:

Macca
19-07-2016, 15:29
It has Guinness so I'm sorted ;)

If you want micro-brewery real-ale type stuff then you will need to bring your own. if you just want a lager and black, no problemo.

struth
19-07-2016, 17:19
Guinness and a clean toilet, sounds like a place for me ;)

Marco
19-07-2016, 17:56
If anyone coming to MIBO would like to crash at my place, only 25/30 mins from the venue, where you will also be fed and watered to reasonable standard, let me know :cool:

Marco.

User211
19-07-2016, 22:54
Go on then Marco I'll take that one up as I was going to visit anyway at some stage.

Need to hear that system of yours too. I'll bring a preamp or DAC. Up to you which since your hosting:)

Marco
19-07-2016, 23:22
Nice one, Justin - consider it booked! :)

Which preamps and DACs have you got?

Marco.

jandl100
20-07-2016, 07:07
Okay just got back from the place (the venue not the brothel) and we are all booked and good to go for Friday 4th November (afternoon/evening) and the main event on Saturday 11am until late.

See!
I told you it started at 11 ;)

Macca
20-07-2016, 07:32
I'll never doubt you again.

User211
20-07-2016, 08:54
Nice one, Justin - consider it booked! :)

Which preamps and DACs have you got?

Marco.
Air Tight passive with top Alps pot.
Cayin customised SC10 - excellent I reckon. Better than EAR 868PL sonically.
Lampi B7

Marco
20-07-2016, 11:01
Nice... Wouldn't be averse to hearing the Air Tight and/or Lampi :)

Marco.

struth
20-07-2016, 12:03
Nice... Would be averse to hearing the Air Tight and/or Lampi :)

Marco.

Would? Or wouldn,t?

Jimbo
20-07-2016, 12:08
Would? Or wouldn,t?

Well moderated Grant;)

Audioflyer
20-07-2016, 12:37
I would be interested in attending I could bring a Thorens TD160 Super with a Phillips GP390 ceramic cartridge and the High Octane RIAA preamp.

Sharif.

Marco
20-07-2016, 12:51
Would? Or wouldn,t?

Typo, now amended.

Marco.

User211
20-07-2016, 13:03
Nice... Wouldn't be averse to hearing the Air Tight and/or Lampi :)

Marco.
I'll bring the Lampi and some triodes produced in the 1920s and various time intervals up to present day.

Firebottle
20-07-2016, 14:10
You are in for a treat with the Lampi B7 Marco. I've heard one and it is pretty darn good.

Macca
20-07-2016, 14:59
I would be interested in attending I could bring a Thorens TD160 Super with a Phillips GP390 ceramic cartridge and the High Octane RIAA preamp.

Sharif.

Hi Sharif

I shall put your name on the list. We will deffo give your 160 an airing, some of these people are vinyl fanatics ;)

I'll try and make a current list of attendees and potential attendees later on tonight to make sure I have not missed anyone.

mayebaza
21-07-2016, 08:13
Hi Mecca I have a super pimped up DIY TT that's dieing for a good work out. I am just six junctions away to the south. Please add me to the list. If that's okay?

Firebottle
21-07-2016, 09:24
Hi Mecca .......

Not sure Martin is THAT holy :eyebrows:

struth
21-07-2016, 09:42

His skidmarks might be :eyebrows:

brian2957
21-07-2016, 10:06
Didn't know he had a car :D

Marco
21-07-2016, 10:45
He's talking about his pants :eyebrows:

Marco.

Macca
21-07-2016, 11:03
Hi Mecca I have a super pimped up DIY TT that's dieing for a good work out. I am just six junctions away to the south. Please add me to the list. If that's okay?

Hi Barrington - you are on the list.

The rest of you are barred...

Jimbo
21-07-2016, 11:05
I'll bring the Lampi and some triodes produced in the 1920s and various time intervals up to present day.

Can you bring those nice Apogee Duettas aswell?

struth
21-07-2016, 11:27
Hi Barrington - you are on the list.

The rest of you are barred...

That,ll save me a fortune :D

brian2957
21-07-2016, 11:47
I was being nice :confused:

Macca
21-07-2016, 11:51
okay maybe not you then Brian ;)

struth
21-07-2016, 11:55
I was being nice :confused:

Crawler

brian2957
21-07-2016, 12:05
I got these matey https://www.amazon.co.uk/Am-Tech-Professional-Knee-Pads-Gel/dp/B002QGKP88/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1469102665&sr=8-11&keywords=knee+pads
......and I know how to use 'em :lol:

brian2957
21-07-2016, 12:07
okay maybe not you then Brian ;)

Thanks mate , that's very gentlemanly of you :)

struth
21-07-2016, 12:15
I got these matey https://www.amazon.co.uk/Am-Tech-Professional-Knee-Pads-Gel/dp/B002QGKP88/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1469102665&sr=8-11&keywords=knee+pads
......and I know how to use 'em :lol:

:D

User211
21-07-2016, 13:13
Can you bring those nice Apogee Duettas aswell?

Realistically they are fairly immovable objects without disassembly and shipping crates - so no. Sold my shipping crates with the last pair.

User211
21-07-2016, 20:26
This is all well and good but if we can't assemble anything worth listening to it will suck.

What can anyone do in the way of amps and speakers?

Gazjam
21-07-2016, 21:18
Somethings came up Martin, cant make it mate sorry.
Wish you success with it, good to keep the Nebo spirit alive. :)

Macca
22-07-2016, 06:57
This is all well and good but if we can't assemble anything worth listening to it will suck.

What can anyone do in the way of amps and speakers?

Crikey Justin it is early days yet. I can't remember a NEBO where we didn't have at least 2 or 3 set ups that blew away most/all of the over-priced bling you hear at commercial shows. I agree speakers are the tough one but if Rich B can be persuaded to bring his Edingdales down we will certainly have at least one set of properly class speakers to listen through. if anyone else has some serious speakers to bring (don't have to be big, just good), then please let us know.

I'll try and persuade Marco to bring his Technics along (which you will hear anyway as you are stopping at his) and you won't ever hear vinyl sound much better than that does it. I will bring some 'interesting' bits and pieces including my Firebottle Dulci valve SECA which is well worth a listen. Barry says he can bring some QUAD professional monoblocks.

We will have plenty of kit worth listening to. Be good if a Paradise phono stage owner can bring it along as that is one of the best you will ever hear.

I also predict that the room will be very good acoustically, although I may be going out on a limb there. ;)

Macca
22-07-2016, 06:59
Somethings came up Martin, cant make it mate sorry.
Wish you success with it, good to keep the Nebo spirit alive. :)

Sorry to hear that Gaz but November is a long way off so maybe things will change. I appreciate it is a long way to travel.

Ali Tait
22-07-2016, 07:38
If I've not got passengers I might bring down my set up.

Ali Tait
22-07-2016, 07:38
Martin, could we get in there on Friday evening to set up gear?

Macca
22-07-2016, 07:46
Ali - We have the room all day Friday and all day Saturday so yes, we can.

What might you bring?

smallangryboy
22-07-2016, 16:16
Martin, it's little of a stretch for me from Oxfordshire particularly past the swirling black tarmac that surrounds Birmingham, but I may be interested if there is a spare place left. I could bring a couple of sets of speakers purely in a personal capacity if it's of interest? If you are already sorted then that's no problem.

Ali Tait
22-07-2016, 16:32
Ali - We have the room all day Friday and all day Saturday so yes, we can.

What might you bring?

Full system bar the TT probably, would bring the R to R and and rather good CD transport as sources.

Macca
22-07-2016, 16:57
Adam you will be very welcome and we would all like to hear your speakers I'm sure. You could travel up anytime on the Friday and avoid the traffic around Birmingham that way if you want. Rooms at the venue are only £30/night.

Ali - I can't recall what your system is except your pre-amp. Do you still have those big O/Bs?

Sorry all, I said I was going to compile a guest list but haven't. Just got off work and am enjoying a few tunes and drinkies so might be tomorrow now. I don't think we are anywhere near capacity yet so plenty room for more if anyone fancies it.

Ali Tait
22-07-2016, 17:07
Yes, active system with OB's. Amps are Behringer Inuke for bass and a Pass F5 for mid/top. Pre is a passive using Slagle autoformers for those that don't know. Active crossover is a miniDSP 4 x 10 unit.

Bringing the TT would be a ball ache, so would bring my Tandberg TD20A R to R and a Teac P30 cd transport which would be used with my prototype Longdog valve dac.

Will bring my two box Firebottle phono stage and head amp so a TT can be hooked up if desired.

Macca
22-07-2016, 17:16
Yep that would be brilliant Ali. Seen those pictures of your OBs for years now and always wanted to hear them.

Ali Tait
22-07-2016, 17:52
Might even have the new ones built by then.. :-)

Firebottle
22-07-2016, 18:03
Will bring my two box Firebottle phono stage and head amp so a TT can be hooked up if desired.

I'll be there with the KIN preamp so will be a good comparison to your two box Ali :scratch:

Ali Tait
22-07-2016, 18:08
Aye good shout, forgot you were bringing that. Will prob be in touch next week re the upgraded head amp board..

mayebaza
22-07-2016, 21:00

Lol,

My predictive text begs to differ.

Barry
22-07-2016, 21:19
Crikey Justin it is early days yet. I can't remember a NEBO where we didn't have at least 2 or 3 set ups that blew away most/all of the over-priced bling you hear at commercial shows. I agree speakers are the tough one but if Rich B can be persuaded to bring his Edingdales down we will certainly have at least one set of properly class speakers to listen through. if anyone else has some serious speakers to bring (don't have to be big, just good), then please let us know.

I'll try and persuade Marco to bring his Technics along (which you will hear anyway as you are stopping at his) and you won't ever hear vinyl sound much better than that does it. I will bring some 'interesting' bits and pieces including my Firebottle Dulci valve SECA which is well worth a listen. Barry says he can bring some QUAD professional monoblocks.

We will have plenty of kit worth listening to. Be good if a Paradise phono stage owner can bring it along as that is one of the best you will ever hear.

I also predict that the room will be very good acoustically, although I may be going out on a limb there. ;)

It might be a good idea if along with the list of attendees, those items of gear that are going to be brought along are also mentioned. That way there ought to be no duplications and the unecessary carting around of expensive and heavy gear.

For my part I am willing to bring along the following:

Pair of Quad 510 monoblock power amps
Thorens TD124/II TT with SME 3009/S2 arm. EMT XSD15, Ortofon SPU, Ortofon MC200 and Denon 103 cartridges
Mark Levinson ML25 phonostage and ML26 preamp
Nagra IV-S portable reel-to-reel tape machine

Stig
23-07-2016, 09:53
Room for 1 more?

I'd love to come along if that's ok:)

Macca
23-07-2016, 11:22
You are now on the list Shaun. Look forward to seeing you. Let me know if you are intending to bring any kit, likewise everyone else.

Stig
23-07-2016, 15:11
Thanks Martin

It should be fun to meet some of the W Midlands locals.

Kit wise

Nothing of much interest to bring but I'll let you know closer to the time.

Thanks again:)

DiveDeepDog
31-07-2016, 09:56
I've been talking to MickyRicky and we'd like to come along.

I've got plenty of kit that travels if there's any gaps need filling?

Mark

Macca
31-07-2016, 10:00
Hi Mark. yes do please come along and bring MickyRicky.

Starting to get a bit crowded but inevitably some folk won't make it on the day so we should be fine. Plenty of room for more kit, so whattayagot?

Firebottle
31-07-2016, 15:47
Think of the positives, crowded dampens the room :)

jandl100
31-07-2016, 16:50
I am not going to be able to make it after all.
:(

So room for one more!

Marco
31-07-2016, 16:53
Think of the positives, crowded dampens the room :)

Indeed - as does the pressure of concentrated botty gas! :eyebrows:

Marco.

Firebottle
31-07-2016, 19:02
You don't want to go there, I have an excuse :eyebrows:

Jimbo
01-08-2016, 20:34
Alan (Firebottle) I will be bringing a TT so could I play it through your amps and maybe we can find a set of speakers to hook up too?

Firebottle
02-08-2016, 05:31
Great plan James, I will be taking vintage speakers.

Might.......... bring along the ESL57s :eek:

Barry
02-08-2016, 15:06
Great plan James, I will be taking vintage speakers.

Might.......... bring along the ESL57s :eek:

Please do, it would be interesting to find out what others think of them driven by Quad 510 monoblocks.

Qwin
03-08-2016, 08:50
I can bring the Pro-Ject Phono Box RS if anyone wants to here it?

It's their flagship Phono stage for MM/MC and has lots of adjustability to suit most cartridges needs.

Jimbo - I will have some Quad S-2 bookshelfs soon and will be bringing them along if that works for you, might be a nice contrast to the ESL57s.

Anyone taking speaker stands ?

Macca
03-08-2016, 11:18
I can bring some 18'' stands that are suitable for most bookshelf type speakers.

Jimbo
03-08-2016, 11:30
Thanks Ken I would like to hear the Quad speakers.

Qwin
03-08-2016, 13:20
Macca - Those stands should do nicely.

If you can bring them along that will save me having to find some and transport them.

James - They should be run in by the time MiBO comes along, going to pull the trigger on them very soon.

Like these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jpTZo6i3UM

RichB
06-08-2016, 13:55
Macca -sorry if I've missed this detail but can you let me know the details re booking and paying for the digs.
Cheers.

Firebottle
06-08-2016, 14:56
Don't think it has been released yet Rich, Martin did say he was going to let everyone know by PM.

Still waiting............. :)

RichB
06-08-2016, 15:18
Don't think it has been released yet Rich, Martin did say he was going to let everyone know by PM.

Still waiting............. :)

Ahh ok, haven't been around much here so concerned I'd missed something

Macca
06-08-2016, 22:07
Sorry all, I will sort it out this week.

petrat
10-08-2016, 10:43
Count me in Martin, please :D

Macca
10-08-2016, 11:20
Aye righto. Are you bringing anything? IIRC you have some pretty cool kit.

petrat
10-08-2016, 12:32
Thanks, Martin.
Most of my stuff is big and heavy, and I'm feeling old and feeble :lol:
Maybe see closer to the time if there are any bits that I could contribute?

Firebottle
10-08-2016, 14:07
Count me in Martin, please :D

Excellent, be good to meet up :ner:

Lee Henley
10-08-2016, 16:37
If possible I'd like to come along as well please

Macca
10-08-2016, 17:09
Hi Lee

I will put your name down. Be good to meet you after all these years :)

Macca
13-08-2016, 19:34
I have sent everyone a PM with a link and all the details. I think I did everyone on the list but if you are on the list and I missed you let me know.

If you are not on the list and want to be on the list let me know.

Ali Tait
13-08-2016, 19:49
No PM here Martin.

brian2957
13-08-2016, 20:01
Nor me .

Barry
13-08-2016, 20:05
I've got mine. Thanks Martin. :)

Marco
13-08-2016, 20:29
Got mine, dude. Churz :thumbsup:

Marco.

Macca
13-08-2016, 20:34
Now sent to Brian and Ali.

Think I sent them to the wrong Brian and Ali first time so they are going to be confused, whoever they are.

brian2957
13-08-2016, 20:54
Thanks Martin.

jollyfix
13-08-2016, 21:04
Cheers Martin.

Ali Tait
13-08-2016, 21:32
Cheers, got it now.

Barry
16-08-2016, 13:23
Well we're all booked in. Shall be driving up Friday morning and will leave Sunday (probably after lunch).

One query though - when I phoned, the receptionist said they did not have a function room, so what kind of room are we using?

Cheers
Barry

mayebaza
16-08-2016, 14:11
Cheers Martin! I'm only 45 minutes away.

Macca
16-08-2016, 14:27
Well we're all booked in. Shall be driving up Friday morning and will leave Sunday (probably after lunch).

One query though - when I phoned, the receptionist said they did not have a function room, so what kind of room are we using?

Cheers
Barry

The dining room. There are some pictures of it on the website.

RichB
28-08-2016, 15:53
Just booked my digs for the Sat night.

Can't get there on the Friday now sadly but I'll push off early to get there before 10am on the Sat.

My offer of a lift from the North East stands for anyone wanting to come along.

Look forward to seeing you all then.

R

Marco
28-08-2016, 16:00

Cheers
Barry

A bedroom, mate (and communal hot-tub) - it's all going to be one big gangbang! :D

Marco.

P.S Next time you phone, remember to quote the secret code 'Butt plug'.

RichB
28-08-2016, 16:25
A bedroom, mate (and communal hot-tub) - it's all going to be one big gangbang! :D

Marco.

#shudders#

Marco
28-08-2016, 16:47
Wot - not got a decent 'cossy' to wear? :D

Marco.

Macca
28-08-2016, 18:17
Reminds me I've got 'Hot Tub Time Machine' taped for later. That's some good watching right there.

BTW there is no hot tub at the venue but I could rent one if people feel it would help.

Marco
28-08-2016, 18:37
Bonding?

Marco.

Macca
28-08-2016, 18:40
Is that what they call it now?

Marco
28-08-2016, 19:28
Depends where the soap lands.

Marco.

Qwin
01-09-2016, 11:55
I got the Quad Shelf mount speakers, which I will be bringing on the Saturday.
Went with the S-1 rather than the S-2, I heard them back to back at Vickers of York (reasonable hours on them) and preferred the S-1, not as deep in the bass as the S-2, but I thought a bit better in the mids. Great at reproducing voices, which is what the reviewers said and I have to agree. They will eventually be mated with a pair of ScanSpeak 12" woofers and crossed (active) at 310Hz but leaving the passive crossover for splitting mid/twt. I have them in a similar, but really crude lash up at present, sat on top of the NS-1000M's which I have turned upside down so the Bass driver is at the top and the Quad's are sat on top of these. So driver spacing is similar to what it will eventually be in the one cabinet. Because my Yams are active I was able to plug into just the Bass driver to see how the principle worked. The Quads are a bass reflex box of 6.7 litres, I have a rubber bung in the port as I will be using them sealed in approx half the current volume and in a separate chamber in the cabinet, they wont be producing much below the 310Hz crossover point as I am using a steep 24dB/Octave filter.

How does this set up sound?
Fantastic, all the speed and subtlety of the little Quads with the dynamics and heft of the 12", the set up integrates well and the Quad ribbon tweeter is really nice. It will be well into next year for the finished speakers to take shape but I'll bring the unmolested Quads for folks to assess.

smallangryboy
02-09-2016, 14:58
Hi Martin, I'm sorry it's taken a while to respond. I'm not going to be able to make the Bake Off now which I'm disappointed about. I've got a a family commitment that is immovable - a 90th birthday which probably shouldn't be put off, not mine I may add! Obviously I'd hoped to bring my speakers but instead may be able to do what I have previously which is loan out a pair to be passed around. Anyway hopefully there will be another opportunity for me to join in again at some point.

Jimbo
30-09-2016, 10:19
Anyone taking some decent size speakers to WMBO ? Martin are you taking your floor standers?

Audioflyer
30-09-2016, 11:26
Anyone taking some decent size speakers to WMBO ? Martin are you taking your floor standers?

I could bring along my JBL L40's and stands.

Sharif.

Macca
30-09-2016, 11:28
Ali is bringing his open baffles which are as big as I think we will need.

I could bring the JM Labs along but they are back-breakingly heavy. 36 kilo each.

Macca
30-09-2016, 11:28

Sharif.

That would be good.

walpurgis
30-09-2016, 11:29

Sharif.

I doubt if many people have heard a pair of those. Could be an eye (ear?) opener for them. :)

Jimbo
30-09-2016, 11:37

Sharif.

Superb, that would be great if you can?

RichB
30-09-2016, 14:00
I'd bring the Edingdales but there wouldn't be room in the car for the Floyddroid and I.

I can pack the RS5s though. People seem to enjoy them and they're an unfussy 89db.

Macca
30-09-2016, 17:00
Can't you just lash the Edingdales to the roof? ;)

Bring the RS5 if you can, Rich. They are properly impressive for the size and price, surprised me a lot.

brian2957
30-09-2016, 17:11
Aye they were sounding very good the last time I heard them .

Ali Tait
30-09-2016, 18:17
Ali is bringing his open baffles which are as big as I think we will need.

I could bring the JM Labs along but they are back-breakingly heavy. 36 kilo each.

Yep, but bear in mind I run them actively, so they need two amps to drive them. That being said, if anyone wants to try an amp on them they are welcome, but it'll only be working from 200hz up, or 200hz down if you want to try it on the bass end.

Macca
30-09-2016, 18:42
I was hoping to have the IMF ready.but looking again at the list there are quite a few people bringing passive speakers. Although no big modern ones. I should bring the JM labs but they are just s damn heavy! I can pick up and carry an IMF TLS50 but these are a two man lift.

walpurgis
30-09-2016, 18:54
I can pick up and carry an IMF TLS50 but these are a two man lift.

They can't be all that hard to move around at 36kg. My dog weighs that and I can cart him about. :D

Ali Tait
30-09-2016, 18:58
OB's always do well at these kind of things, be easy to swap amps about with mine.

Macca
30-09-2016, 19:43
They can't be all that hard to move around at 36kg. My dog weighs that . :D

I told you stop feeding him with gold.

brian2957
30-09-2016, 19:46
He's gotta get rid of the evidence somehow :lol:

Ali Tait
30-09-2016, 20:06
Well that's the problem. It keeps coming out again..

walpurgis
30-09-2016, 22:34
I told you stop feeding him with gold.

He's worth his weight in gold. :)

ff1d1l
06-10-2016, 12:06
Sorry...bit late to this as internet's been almost totally off for the last few weeks...is there still any room? Could bring some kit...

Macca
06-10-2016, 15:58
Of course Nial, we can cram you in somewhere I'm sure. What were you thinking of bringing along?

ff1d1l
06-10-2016, 16:15
Thanks!
Probably some JBL 4410's and Luxkit z504, but if there was interest I could bring the big Ureis and their subs. I'm using a Khozmo passive with the above, could bring that too...

Jimbo
06-10-2016, 17:00
Would be great to hear the JBL's.

Macca
06-10-2016, 17:09
We're spoiled for choice there,

Jimbo
06-10-2016, 17:14
We're spoiled for choice there,

Definitely, would be nice to have some big speakers with some oomph at the bake off.

ff1d1l
06-10-2016, 18:13
Might get 'em all in at a pinch...:)

Floyddroid
07-10-2016, 08:35
Me n the boys all ready for Mibo. We'll be there bright and breezy http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n621/Progmeister/hells-angels-england.jpg (http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/Progmeister/media/hells-angels-england.jpg.html)

Jimbo
07-10-2016, 17:57
Martin what is the kick off and end times for each day at WiBO?

Is the format for equipment and listening the same, 3 tracks each?

Sorry if I missed this info.

Macca
07-10-2016, 18:14
Kick off is 11am on the Saturday, Friday is from whenever the first person gets there. I've lost track of who is coming on the Friday, think it is Alan, Ali and Barry.

As to the format I'm not sure, I thought we would just play it by ear. Obviously we have to have a bit of a listen to everything. In terms of those who are bringing complete systems I think in fairness to the effort involved they should get a much longer airing than 3 tunes. After the full systems (I think there are only two) we can start swapping stuff around, if anyone wants to hear comparisons of amps or what such and such an amp does with a particular speaker, we can do that as we go. . As it gets late we can settle on an 'all star' set up and just listen to some music. So pretty much the format that developed with NEBO

If you look at the kit list on the other thread we will not be short of options on pretty much every component.

If anyone has any alternative or additional suggestions I'm happy to entertain them.

Barry
07-10-2016, 20:21
Think it might be useful to have as complete a list of the gear that is going to be available as soon as possible. At the moment I'll be bringing the following:

Nagra IV-S reel-to-reel machine
Mark Levinson ML25 phono stage (set for an MC cartridge), ML26 preamp

and either a

pair of 'mono-blocked' Quad 405 power amps (100W) upgraded to Keith Snook Level 3, with beefed up, heavy duty bridge rectifiers in each power rail

or a

pair of Quad 510 monoblock power amps (135W).

I'm in two minds about bringing up a Thorens 124/II, SME 3009 (imp) and Ortofon MC200 combination. I'll make a decision depending on what other vinyl spinners will be there.

Macca
07-10-2016, 22:01
Already a list here, Barry http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?45866-MiBO-Nov-5th-Runners-amp-Riders

Qwin
09-10-2016, 10:26
I will be bringing the 45 RPM x2 disc release of Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
Discussed here:
http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?46991-Definitive-Vinyl-version-of-Fleetwood-Mac-Rumours&p=794061#post794061

Quad S-1 stand mount speakers

Project Phono Box RS

RichB
09-10-2016, 10:39
I will be bringing the 45 RPM x2 disc release of Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
Discussed here:
http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?46991-Definitive-Vinyl-version-of-Fleetwood-Mac-Rumours&p=794061#post794061

Quad S-1 stand mount speakers

Project Phono Box RS

Be interested in hearing that Ken.

I've got some interesting new vinyl I'll bring as well. Reggae jazz guitar, Brazilian dub and some psychedelic stuff to keep it varied.

Firebottle
09-10-2016, 11:13
Bring it on Rich, I'm always keen on hearing alternative genres.

Marco
10-10-2016, 07:58
Guys,

To save me from trawling through this thread to find the necessary info, could we please have an updated 'head count' of everyone coming to the event? Please add your name below accordingly, and I'll continue updating the list, until finalising it on the evening before the show.

Please ensure that everyone coming puts their name down, and only do so if you are *definitely* coming. No 'maybes'. Cheers! :cool:

Marco.

Firebottle
10-10-2016, 08:04
Alan (Firebottle) +1

Ali Tait
10-10-2016, 08:35
Yup.

Qwin
10-10-2016, 08:57
Yes - Just the Saturday

Barry
10-10-2016, 10:15
Et moi, avec une autre. Friday night and all day Saturday

jollyfix
10-10-2016, 10:32
There on Saturday Morn, leave Sunday.
I will be on a train, not driving, so no gear to bring. What about music? LP,CD whats the deal? Only people who are using their kit can play their stuff?
Will we get a chance to play something we may know very well on someones kit?
Will there be any repeat plays, as in same track played on different kit?