PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox problem

Covenant
13-11-2009, 12:40
Used my SB3 last night and it was fine. Tried it today and I couldn't connect to Radio Paradise-error message 'could not find IP address'. Tried a few more stations same problem. I can connect to My Squeezebox and stored music.
On looking at the web browser a lot of things have disappeared including Shoutcast and nearly all internet stations.
Tried disconnecting and firmware reboot-no joy.
HELP!

Themis
13-11-2009, 12:44
Probably a router problem. Try rebooting your internet (and probably wifi ?) router/modem.

Covenant
13-11-2009, 14:02
Thanks Dimitri,
I tried disconnecting and restarting my router but that didnt work. I think I will wait until my son gets home as I remember him messing around with router settings a few days ago. The sooner he goes off to university the better-no I dont mean that but he can be a pain at times! :doh:

Stratmangler
13-11-2009, 14:16
Hi Jerry

There is also a possibility of firewall issues - I use Zonealarm, and sometimes it blocks stuff that should get out.

Sonny Jim does look to be guilty of something - I have yet to experience offspring borne technical problems, but I have friends who have (format c , done from the cmd line):doh:

Chris:)

Themis
13-11-2009, 14:18
That's why I keep all admin passwords for my personal use... :)

Probably the DHCP (subnet) settings are invalid, and your SB gets an invalid address and/or an invalid DNS/gateway address.

Fi-Wi
13-11-2009, 17:04
Ouch, with one foot in the weekend (I hope you understand this translated Dutch saying) but no RP on your SB. :(

I love that station with its 192kbps/128 kbps AAC streams !

Stratmangler
14-11-2009, 22:46
How did you get on Jerry ?

Was "his nibs" the cause of your problem, or does the fault lie elsewhere ?

Covenant
14-11-2009, 23:37
Its sorted and it wasnt honourable sons fault.
I did a system restore which sorted it. I think I had deleted a toolbar on my desktop and this had something on it whch was needed by the Squeezebox.

Stratmangler
15-11-2009, 09:39
Ah well !

Result anyway.

Covenant
15-11-2009, 10:54
Ouch, with one foot in the weekend (I hope you understand this translated Dutch saying) but no RP on your SB. :(

I love that station with its 192kbps/128 kbps AAC streams !

Steven,
I totally agree with you about RP at 128aac but I think many people just use the MP3 stream without realising that there is a better alternative. So my recommendation to anyone who hasn't tried it is to visit RP at their website and copy the details of the 128aac stream.