PDA

View Full Version : Stolen amusing link re. Prog Rock

aquapiranha
11-11-2009, 19:02
http://www.cracked.com/funny-2359-progressive-rock/

Shamelessly robbed from elsewhere, I think it is hilarious!

I say that as a fan of prog btw, so no flaming!

Themis
11-11-2009, 19:36
Hannah Montana 2 is a prog-rock concept album. :lol:
.... and Rammstein a prog-rock band !

Haselsh1
11-11-2009, 22:53
How brilliant... "And the men who hold high places..."

Rare Bird
11-11-2009, 23:27
:doh:

John
12-11-2009, 19:37
I love Rush but never really see them as prog
Also Pain of Salvation and Dream Theater Thrash Metal?

Rare Bird
16-11-2009, 09:24
Rush arnt prog as such, maybe people see things like 'A Farewell To The Kings', '2112' etc.

End of the day Prog was just about done by the time of their debut album surfaced.

The Grand Wazoo
16-11-2009, 09:32
Rush arnt prog as such, maybe people see things like 'A Farewell To The Kings', '2112' etc.

End of the day Prog was just about done by the time of their debut album surfaced.

I'd have said their debut album was a bit more 'Led Zep I' than 'Tarkus' or 'BSS', wouldn't you?.

Rare Bird
16-11-2009, 09:39
I'd have said their debut album was a bit more 'Led Zep I' than 'Tarkus' or 'BSS', wouldn't you?.

Morning Chris

Well that album didnt have the complete lineup to what your probably used to

The Grand Wazoo
16-11-2009, 09:54
A different drummer for the 1st album - I like it - it was the first Rush album I heard. The signs were there in some tracks on 'Fly By Night', I kind of prefer songs about real people & real things to stuff like 'My Rosinante sails by night on her final flight'.......I struggled a bit with Rush from Permanent Waves onwards & pretty much gave up after 'Signals'. Saw them 4 times though.

John
16-11-2009, 16:37
Moving Pictures is one of my fav Rush albums I love stuff like YYZ
_mR0tzt9XaM but agree on the whole they lost something as they went more commercial
Neil lyrics will always be a matter of taste just like Geddy's vocals but for me Neil is such a huge part of Rush that I find it hard to even think of the first album
I see them as bride between prog and hard rock its easy to hear Zep influnces but its also easy to hear Yes influnces too

The Grand Wazoo
16-11-2009, 17:24
Hahaha - YYZ: I was once forcibly made to remove money from the wallet of a mad Rush fanatic mate in exchange for a YYZ luggage label after a trip to East Ontario!!

You're right - they may as well have been two seperate bands.