PDA

View Full Version : PS AUDIO: ONE Music project

Neil McCauley
19-04-2016, 09:51
Paul McGowan writes: ONE-MusicFinally! After nearly a year of work the ONE Music project is ready. And it turned out great. In fact, it’s is the single best demo disc I have in my library – bar none. If you haven’t heard of it, let me tell you.

As many know there’s a very sad situation in music today. Musicians aren’t able to earn much money at their craft and quality studios are going bye, bye. Great efforts to keep high-end music recording alive are being carried out almost single handedly by heroes like Cookie at Blue Coast Music, Chad at Acoustic Sounds, David and his brother at HD Tracks, Morten Lindberg’s 2L, Naxos, and a handful of dedicated recording artists and musicians. But despite these many efforts, we’re still losing ground.

We were determined that not happen – not if we could help. So, we formed an alliance with SACD mastering engineer Gus Skinas, PS Audio, and my son, Sean McGowan. Our mission was to turn the tables on the financial models of how musicians, recording engineers, and mastering experts were compensated. It was (and is) our belief that those who create the music should make more than those that distribute their works. Pretty simple formula, one we hope might help turn around the upside down nature of the music business.

We’ve assembled 10 tracks that Gus and I hand picked on the IRSV in Music Room One – then set Gus to work. And I have to say, this is .....

Continues at http://www.hifianswers.com/2016/04/ps-audio-one-music-project/