PDA

View Full Version : New Rega Planar 3 turntable now on demonstration and in stock at Radlett Audio

hifi_dave
13-04-2016, 16:52
As the title says - I am pleased to announce that Radlett Audio has the new Rega Planar 3 turntable in stock.

More info and pics to follow.

www.radlettaudio.co.uk

radlettaudio@hotmail.co.uk

Tel: 01799 599080

hifi_dave
14-04-2016, 10:45
http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t406/hifi_dave/003_zps3ccra0uu.jpg

The all new Planar-3, priced at £550 or as a package with the Rega Elys-2 cartridge at £625.

hifi_dave
15-04-2016, 08:55
http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t406/hifi_dave/002_zpsujbxhfdh.jpg

Showing the new crystal glass platter, new hub and new RB330 tonearm.

Audio Al
15-04-2016, 09:00
Looks nice Dave and realistically priced for a new TT arm combo :)

hifi_dave
15-04-2016, 17:14
I don't know how they do it ? It looks, somehow, more expensive and better finished than the outgoing model and is pretty well all new. It certainly sounds good. Amongst my demos I had today, RDPX (Robert) of this parish, was the first person in the UK to hear the Planar 3.

rdpx
16-04-2016, 12:05
I don't know how they do it ? It looks, somehow, more expensive and better finished than the outgoing model and is pretty well all new. It certainly sounds good. Amongst my demos I had today, RDPX (Robert) of this parish, was the first person in the UK to hear the Planar 3.

I was very pleased to hear that I was the first person to hear this new TT.
Hopefully it will now become the most successful TT in audio-history, so I can say "I was the first to lay ears upon it" :lol:

It sounded great, we put some Bruch through it through my old Rega amp, and then "Kind of Blue" which when hooked up through the Croft Phono [which was the reason for getting out the Rega] really came alive, in that "big spontaneous smile" way, and so made me outstay my welcome by at least twenty minutes!

Thanks Dave for a very nice experience yesterday, and a fine cup of tea. Your experience and relaxed manner were very much appreciated. You have a great set-up.

:)

hifi_dave
16-04-2016, 16:22
Thanks Robert. It was a pleasure to meet you and play some good music.

hifi_dave
17-04-2016, 09:05
http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t406/hifi_dave/001_zpsls71x7bn.jpg

Tim
17-04-2016, 11:09
Very nice David, one of these days I'll darken your door ;)

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk

hifi_dave
18-04-2016, 09:51
Tim, you keep threatening to come over. You are welcome any time.

Phil Bishop
18-04-2016, 12:00
I really like the aesthetics of that deck and Rega are likely to have a major winner on their hands IMO. Priced similarly to the previous RP3, it looks HUGELY better owing to the gloss plinth finish and metal arm brace. The finish of the RP3 was comparatively disappointing IMO. The only trick they may have missed is not offering the plinths in some other colours - the green and red. If they did it in green I'd probably have a punt.

Nice one :-)

Phil

hifi_dave
18-04-2016, 12:48
It is also available in Gloss White.

Phil Bishop
18-04-2016, 14:27
Sorry Dave, yes, knew it was available in white too. Although I have not seen one in the flesh it appears to have the looks of the RP6 but the price of the RP3. If it sounds as good as it looks it will obviously be a huge success.

Rega have also got involved in Record Store Day in recent years with special model RP1s, etc. They obviously know what they are doing.

hifi_dave
19-04-2016, 08:59
Rega have further pursued their light and rigid approach with the new Planar-3, making the outgoing RP3 feel positively heavyweight. The new platter against the gloss black makes it look brighter and the lid looks more transparent. It's attracted a lot of interest.

Rega do know what they are doing, furrowing their own path whilst others attempt to copy.

Tim
19-04-2016, 16:50
Tim, you keep threatening to come over. You are welcome any time.
You know I'm in China now? And you still have an invite to that music BBQ in Suffolk in July. 2 live artists playing and lots of other music, maybe even the odd beet ;)

cjm123
19-04-2016, 20:51
Dave,

How would you characterise the difference in the sound between the new P3 and the old RP3?

cheers

Chris

hifi_dave
20-04-2016, 16:00
You know I'm in China now? And you still have an invite to that music BBQ in Suffolk in July. 2 live artists playing and lots of other music, maybe even the odd beet ;)

Bloody heck, you get around. It's as much as I can stand, going to Tenerife. Have a good time.

hifi_dave
20-04-2016, 16:04
Chris.

Nothing major, just slightly cleaner, slightly more dynamic and more of the Rega boogie factor. The finish is even better than ever and everyone has commented on how neat and smart it looks. I had a chap in today who bought a (more expensive) Project a few weeks ago, who has now ordered a Planar-3..:thumbsup:

cjm123
21-04-2016, 14:47
Thanks Dave!:)

Chris

cjm123
13-08-2017, 16:17
As I don't have many records anymore :doh:I couldn't justify the investment in my deck so recently decided to downsize from my LP12 Majik and try one of these new fangled Rega Planar 3s from Dave W and have to say I am impressed by it. I was worried it would make listening to vinyl a chore but far from it. I was not sure what cartridge to fit so in the interim I just put a Rega Carbon on it and it sounds surprisingly enjoyable . I then tried a Shure M97xe which was a bit more refined but seemed to lack a little in the PRAT department so I have reverted to the Carbon for now!

I have had a number of Rega decks and this new Planar 3 is acoustically much quieter in operation, the bearings on the RB330 are noticeably better to the touch and in balancing the arm out, it sounds fast dynamic and clean with pretty well extended frequency extremes and is finished to a much higher standard than before...it even looks good in gloss black so what's not to like?:)

As always my thanks for great service and support from Dave, Oh and before I am accused of shilling I should say I am just a happy customer

struth
13-08-2017, 16:21
As I don't have many records anymore :doh:I couldn't justify the investment in my deck so recently decided to downsize from my LP12 Majik and try one of these new fangled Rega Planar 3s from Dave W and have to say I am impressed by it. I was worried it would make listening to vinyl a chore but far from it. I was not sure what cartridge to fit so in the interim I just put a Rega Carbon on it and it sounds surprisingly enjoyable . I then tried a Shure M97xe which was a bit more refined but seemed to lack a little in the PRAT department so I have reverted to the Carbon for now!

I have had a number of Rega decks and this new Planar 3 is acoustically much quieter in operation, the bearings on the RB330 are noticeably better to the touch and in balancing the arm out, it sounds fast dynamic and clean with pretty well extended frequency extremes and is finished to a much higher standard than before...it even looks good in gloss black so what's not to like?:)

As always my thanks for great service and support from Dave, Oh and before I am accused of shilling I should say I am just a happy customer

no need for that. your perfectly right to flag good service/product:)

YNWaN
13-08-2017, 17:30
Rega are my 'go to' recommendation for friends wanting to get into vinyl (I get asked quite often these days). Also Dave is a great guy to deal with.

petrat
13-08-2017, 17:55
Heard one the other week, and was rather taken ... nice and lively.
Adding the power supply upgrade made a proper difference, too.
It's also available in red, which 'in the flesh' is surprisingly tasteful.
As always with Rega, stonking value :thumbsup:

hifi_dave
14-08-2017, 10:23
Thanks lads for the support..:grouphug: