PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox Touch

Stratmangler
03-11-2009, 14:14
I am very intrigued by the TinySC aspect to the new Squeezebox Touch. When these players finally start arriving at their owners' addresses, is there any chance of somebody here posting as to the ease of connection with other existing players, such as the Classic or Boom.

I am aware that the ability to browse the server and control players using ones' preferred internet browser is not supported, which is a real shame (I've always enjoyed accessing the server client from my laptop).

I've had a look around on the Slim forum, and the topic doesn't seem to be that well covered - hardly surprising really as the players are not yet officially released items.

Thanks in advance.

Chris:)

Stratmangler
03-11-2009, 14:33
I have further questions regarding Tiny SC and its' setup for multiple players.

My current audio settings for my Classic are volume fixed, preamp volume attenuation at 63 (no output). How easy is it to effect the same settings on the Touch, or have the settings disappeared ?

I have no doubt that more questions will be asked regarding the capabilities of Tiny SC

Cheers

Gazjam
05-11-2009, 12:45
Strat,
you can of course run a Touch just as you would with a SB3...with Squeezecentre and all the plugins.

I'm waiting on a definative set of reviews on the Touch as a digital transport (as compared to the SB3 and Transporter).

I hear its better through digital out than the SB3, but I'm sitting tight until I hear its £250 worth of improvement.

The touch screen isnt a feature I'd use (I THINK!)

Gaz.

Stratmangler
05-11-2009, 13:23
you can of course run a Touch just as you would with a SB3...with Squeezecentre and all the plugins

I recollect that someone got hold of a Touch long before they should have done, and the thing refused to see SqueezeCenter, or Squeezecenter it.

I think the solution then was to run the Touch with a USB drive attached, using the inbuilt TinySC.

This may problem may have been sorted out with 7.4 , but the element of doubt is there.

Cheers

Themis
05-11-2009, 13:32
Chris, this problem IS solved.
There were plenty of problems with the 7.4 SC software (I participate to the beta program, so I saw them passing by regularly, had even to revert to 7.3 at least for three weeks) , some of them even concerned SB3 and Duets. They are all solved, with the exception of some NAS distributions.

Stratmangler
05-11-2009, 13:40
Chris, this problem IS solved.
There were plenty of problems with the 7.4 SC software (I participate to the beta program, so I saw them passing by regularly, had even to revert to 7.3 at least for three weeks) , some of them even concerned SB3 and Duets. They are all solved, with the exception of some NAS distributions.

Thanks Dimitri.

Ali Tait
05-11-2009, 20:42
Do you know which NAS distributions?

Themis
05-11-2009, 21:15
Do you know which NAS distributions?
ReadyNAS I think, but I'll have to check this tomorrow, to be honest.
As far as I remember, 7.4.1 was supposed to fix most of the the bugs, ReadyNAS users were advised not to migrate to 7.4.0. http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Upgrading_to_7.4#ReadyNAS_SqueezeCenter_Users

Themis
07-11-2009, 07:51
r8028 firmware of the Touch has added NTFS support. You can only mount an NTFS drive manually, but I guess this should be fixed shortly.

Peter Galbavy
08-11-2009, 09:40
I am on 7.4.1 on the ReadyNAS NV+ (and have been since release day + 1) and all is OK.